“Probably won't stay here again”

Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Have stayed here 3 times before and found it ok. This time, pet fee of $25/night made it less than average. Not sure if change of ownership to "Rodeway Inn" had impact or not. Noise in parking lot, room was outdated, breakfast was so-so...not worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank treeturner

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This place is a motel configuration, located on Bethlehem Pike, a busy road. My room was on the back of the hotel in a kind of small area. There was adequate parking immediately outside the room. The parking lot has somewhat low lighting making it possible to get your bags out of the car but not to see what's inside the car with ease. The room is unremarkable in its decor. The closet is free-standing. Functional comes to mind as an appropriate description. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. The curtain did not cover 100% of the window, so there were slight margins of light from outside all night. The room had a microwave and refrigerator, as well as a table and chairs. I didn't have a chance to use the internet or wireless. The price was fine for the room.

One complete surprise about the room: the bed was incredibly comfortable, which was unexpected. It looked like it would be a marginal bed, but provided an excellent night of sleep (better than some much pricier hotels in which I've stayed).

It looks like the hotel is about to become a Rodeway Inn. There are other nicer hotels in the area, but the price of this one was lower which was a necessity for this trip. The hotel is conveniently located near many shops and restaurants by car, not by foot.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back of the hotel. There is a second floor of rooms on the back of the hotel and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We showed up early for our reservation and tried to get our room. The desk clerk was rude and unaccomodating. There were only two cars in the parking lot but she was unwilling to reassign us a room. We were very unimpressed w/the look of this motel and fortunatly we were ably to cancel and get a room up the street at the Comfort Inn and were able to check in early thanks to a helpful clerk. Glad to not stay at this over=priced motor inn.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at the quality Inn for my wedding day, I did not stay over night. During my check out the employee did not know how to work the computer system and I waited 20 minutes for him to do the check out. Every time I went there the employees would be sitting behind the desk looking down, not even greeting the costumers that came in. After the 20 minute checkout, the employee charged me twice on my credit card and could not explain why. I even called to speak to the manager and he couldn't explain why. They didn't even apologize for their mistake. The employees at the Quality Inn in Montgomeryville PA need some Quality training. The service is ridiculous and the employees are clueless.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Rooms are OK but bit smaller, typical Motel type layout with parking lot right in front of the rooms. Far away from the downtown Philadelphia and no public transport available nearby. Taxi service is very bad and takes lot of time. If you are on business, you should avoid this hotel. Only plus point was the malls and the shopping center was right across the road.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Got there at 9PM no problems except the police cars two doors down from our room. Trooper knocked on my door at 10PM wanted to know if I saw anything, apparently someone was shot two doors down. Nice! No I replied hoping that I wasn't next. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Two weeks later still waiting for the hotel to submit the bill to AMEX so I can get reimbursed for the travel. Do yourself a favor go some place else. I thought that perhaps I got the dead body discount but no they said. I tried.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while in town for a wedding. We were greeted by the front desk staff sitting in a chair behind the desk, and sat there the whole time while checking us in. Every encounter we had with the staff, they just sat there, not caring about the guest in front of them. We asked for directions to a couple of places and were told she had no idea. She told us to look in the phone book to call the places and ask ourselves. We even asked for a local taxi service...and again told to look in the phone book.
On an O.K note, the room was clean and had the basics. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingfamily145
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomeryville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia

Been to Rodeway Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!