“Average Super 8 Hotel”

Motel 6 Montoursville, PA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montoursville
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at this property while on a business trip. It was located in an area that was fairly convenient to my travels. The room was clean and a good size. Pretty basic setup. WiFi was available and appreciated. The bathroom was rudimentary, yet clean, with a few basic toiletries supplied. My bed was surprisingly firm (which I like) so I was fairly comfortable once I settled down for the evening. My biggest complaint would be that the walls and ceilings are fairly thin, so as soon as the guests above me got up at 4:15 am to start their day, so did I. I could hear every footstep and muffled voices.
Breakfast in the tiny breakfast room was simple. I didn't care for the coffee, but the food supplied was fairly good, and there were a few healthy choices available. The only hot choice was a make-your-own waffle.

Overall, I would consider staying again, but just might take a look around for a slightly better offering in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor for the least amount of "neighbour noise"
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband's company put us up in this Super 8. They knew to expect us and when we got there we were told that there was only a smoking room available for us. We do not smoke and also have our 8 month old baby girl with us so I am sure you can understand why this was frustrating. We arrived Sunday night and they told me that I would have to move all of my stuff out of the room by 11am on Tuesday and leave for 4 hours to come back and check into another room. Now this was going to be very difficult with my husband at work and no one to help me move everything with the baby. Then when I had explained this to the maintenance man when I requested they come clean the AC he explained that there were plenty of non smoking rooms and that we should have been put in. He then told me that his boss would be back the next day and would gladly fix the situation for me. I was very happy to hear that at that point. Well when the boss man came back they refused to put me into another room and proceeded to tell me that I was not supposed to be here in the room and that only my husband was supposed to be there when in fact they were notified my husband, myself, and our daughter would be staying with them. I was pretty much given the biggest run around of BS ever. The owner was very rude to me and made sure I knew I was not welcome there. I called my husband and had him leave work to come sort this all out. I was very stressed out being over 10 hours away from home having to deal with this situation. When my husband showed up and asked him what the problem was they acted like there was no problem and gave him keys for a new non smoking room. Apparently the owner is just SUPER rude to women. Anyway the first room were were in room reeked! When we got to the room it was dirty! There was food on the floor, the air conditioner/heater was covered in a thick chunky dust that smelled of old smoke and burning hair, there were spiders all over the ceiling, nasty stains all over the sheets, and dead bugs on the bathroom floor. The second room was not as bad but at this point I had been made to feel very unwelcome. I am so glad we are checking out tomorrow and going home. This hotel is terrible! I would never recommend anyone stay here unless you have too. Terrible service, dirty rooms, very unfriendly unhelpful staff (mostly the owner) bottom line. We will never stay with this or any other Super 8 ever again!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashlaaay
Reviewed 6 December 2011

With all the 'Marcellus Shale' prospecting activity, my client told me that lodging would be scarce in Williamsport. On top of that, my company stipulates a $100/nite per diem for hotels. Usually not a problem, especially in small cities like Williamsport.
Fast forward- I end up at the Super 8. I can usually do a little better for my hunge, but not this time. I arrive 8pm with a reso made 1wk in advance, but they put me in a smoking rm on the 3rd fl and no elevators- they said it was all they had left. I'm not a smoker, but I guess they want to make all those smokers 'huff & puff' up 3 flights of stairs. Place was loaded with Mexican construction workers- there's a strip joint next door.
Bottom line- try elsewhere if you can!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Dleit
Reviewed 18 November 2011

No laundry facilities, No boots allowed in rooms, No business services. I asked them to print a document for me. They told me to go to Staples. Thanks, Super 8 for a great stay. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Our company travels to the area for business on a regular basis. The front desk staff are now claiming that they do not honor prices for reservations booked online. Seriously?? For those of us that make a majority of the reservations online, that is false advertising! If I knew ahead of time what they were really going to charge me, I would have went else where. Of course, our company will now be finding a new hotel to do business with.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

One nights stay was all I needed to find bed bugs had fed on me all night. The manager said "no refund" because I booked my trip online. Offered me a 25% discount on my next stay there. Also heard him say they thought they fixed the problem, which means he knew.
Not happy !!
Prepare ourself ahead of time, no matter where you go.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dwellingdiagnostics
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Clean room, comfortable beds. Breakfast was better than expected.
Quiet motel otherwise, but there was a railway track located somewhere near.

Definitely worth of money. However, be prepared for not so classy customer service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montoursville
Comfort Inn Williamsport
Candlewood Suites Williamsport
#11 of 14 in Williamsport
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsport Faxon
Surestay Signature Collection Genetti Hotel by Best Western

Been to Motel 6 Montoursville, PA? Share your experiences!