“Hair, hair, everywhere!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Cleveland, Ohio
“Hair, hair, everywhere!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Upon arrival I notice a long black hair on the bathroom floor. I decided that accidents happen and overlooked it. That is until I requested extra blankets...

The hotel staff had to look through 6 blankets before finding 2 (out of the 6) that were not covered in human hair.

The service staff is friendly and accommodating however the laundry and cleaning staff leave much to be desired.

This is not a hotel I would return to or recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
PITRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Jjaber03,

We take great pride in providing an outstanding experience for our guests and cleanliness is paramount. As our review history indicates, we perform very well with cleanliness, but clearly, we failed you. For that, you have my sincerest apology.

I have shared your review with both our Leadership Team and our Laundry Department so that any problems are identified and remedied immediately.

We would very much enjoy the opportunity to make it up to you; if travel brings you back to Pittsburgh, please reach out to me and I will handle your reservation personally and complimentary as a gesture of our apology and eagerness to improve upon our performance.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here on multiple trips in and out of Pittsburgh on business. Love this hotel....rooms are what you would expect from a residence inn...big suite, room to rom. Hotel staff is very nice and their nightly socials are exceptional. Had my fill of bratwurst and beer one night...never had to leave for dinner it was that good.

Very convenient to to airport and area it sits in (Robinson Town Center) has a plethora of eating, shopping, and mingling options. Short ride to downtown Pittsburgh...can't recommend this place enough if you have a business there.

Room Tip: All are good. Closer to lobby probably preferable.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
PITRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Chris,

Thank you for your review and for complimenting our staff and our complimentary Social Hours that take place Mon-Wed. We truly appreciate you coming back to see us when you are in town and are pleased to learn that you experiences with us have been exceptional.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Traveled to Pittsburgh for my birthday and upon check-in was greeted with a birthday card signed by the staff and a Starbucks gift card. That was an extremely nice gesture and greatly appreciated. Room was spacious and comfortable. Loved the breakfast counter in the room, perfect place to sit and enjoy all the goodies we stored in the fridge from the four drive there. Yummy options with the complimentary breakfast buffet. Conveniently located near wonderful tax free shopping and restaurants. Short drive into the city although traffic can get a little crazy. Will definitely stay at Residence again when in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This Marriott experience was what we've come to depend upon - clean room, good breakfast, good pool. We had a very positive experience with all of the Marriott team members with whom we interacted, making this experience a 4. We stayed over the 4th of July and although it was crowded we had prompt help with a rollaway bed and extra sheets. Good shower, too.

Location is great if you need to be at the airport. We have small children and wanted to visit Pittsburgh but didn't want to pay for the pricier hotels downtown. This was a good location, near IKEA and lots of other shopping and kid friendly eateries (mall, etc.). With no traffic, the ride into Pittsburgh is easy, with traffic it could be annoying but the free breakfast and free parking outweighed those potential negatives for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel a few weeks prior my arrival. My flight was delayed and I didn't get to the hotel until about 2.30 in the morning. I was tired and all I could think about was getting into my bed asap. When I walked up to the front desk, I was greeted by a pretty annoyed employee who basically informed me that there was a problem with some of the rooms due to the rain and they had no more rooms available. There was no apology or empathy, I was just told to go to a Wyndham Garden Inn hotel and call tomorrow to see if/when a room becomes available. I was so tired I am not sure how I found the other hotel. The hotel was more of a motel, dirty, even more outdated but at that point I didn't care. When I checked in to the hotel, I couldn't find my business card so I gave them my Debit card. As soon as I got my room I found my AMEX, went downstairs and asked to change the card on file. The next day I checked out, I asked the front desk if there are any charges and they said everything would be taken care of by Residence Inn. I finally checked in to Residence Inn that evening. I was given a room on the first floor next to the flight of stairs so needless to say, I didn't get any sleep for the next 2 nights either. This week I checked my debit card and this other hotel charged me$316!!!!!! When I called them, they couldn't explain the charge so now I am disputing it through my bank. This was a lot of hassle and stress that I do not expect to go through, especially being a platinum member. I did get some extra points from the supervisor but I will never ever stay at this hotel again, I would rather pay a little extra knowing that I am going to have a room when I check in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AA75
PITRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear AA75,

Please accept my personal apology for the experience that you described. Nothing is more important to me than customer service and this is a clearly an example of our performance falling short.

We value your business and would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest if you are returning to Pittsburgh in the future. Please reach out to me and I will handle your reservation personally and ensure that your experience is exceptional.

Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I've never stayed in this hotel. However if I'm back in the area I will based on the superb treatment from the front desk. I was dropped off by a coworker after a meeting and dinner and discovered I was at the wrong hotel when I tried to checkin. Arlene at the front desk was very gracious and went to the trouble of looking up the other hotel and calling them to ask them to send their shuttle to pick me up. She even offered me a free cold drink from their cooler. I wasn't even a guest so I think this would indicate this hotel would really go the extra mile for their guests.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PITRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
NewtovegasTexas,

I'm sorry to hear that you arrived at the wrong hotel, but very pleased to learn that Arline provided exceptional service to you in a time of need. We pride ourselves in delivering the very best in customer service, so I'm always pleased to receive reviews that recognize our staff and their efforts.

If the opportunity presents itself, we'd love to have you back so that you could experience an overnight stay at our hotel. Please reach out to me and I will handle the details personally.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pro: Quick easy check-in, friendly and competent staff, clean room. Breakfast was good and the host kept everything replenished (except for the waffle mix) in spite of a weekend crowd.
Con: The sheets were too small for the bed and kept slipping off the corners. The air conditioner was the nosiest we ever experienced. The pool closes at 9:00, so we didn't get to use it.
But we slept well and ate well, and the price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis? Share your experiences!