“Nice place to stay and great value!”

Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
delaware
“Nice place to stay and great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I would certainly recommend this hotel when traveling through the Northeast. The front desk was very helpful upon both check-in and check-out. The king bed room that I had was very spacious and clean as well has having all the amenities possible. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bgt1510
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 30 July 2016
Thank you for your correspondence.It is always beneficial to hear from our guests
and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.
We appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fishkill, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Things have to be bad for me to post a super negative review. Things are bad here.
a) Made reservation using my Choice Points (6000) on the Choice website.
b) Arrive at 9pm on Friday 9/9/11. Poor exterior lighting. Weird feeling about this place.
c) Strange guy at the desk took 5 mins to answer the front bell.
d) Small lobby smells like food cooking. "Breakfast area" was a table with a donut holder.
e) Front desk guy barely speaks English. He is dressed in a too small, gold shiny suit.
f) We get our room. Its around the corner. The rooms numbers are hard to find.
g) There are some really shady characters hanging all over the area! Drinking beer, smoking pot, partying with room doors open. They looked like hookers and meth-heads.
h) The room was disgusting. Beds were ripped. Curtain was stuck open. Bathroom had clear glass (no curtain). Pee on the floor. Stains in the carpet. TV coverd in dust. The room stinks of mold, body stuff, who knows. I am an Exterminator part-time. This place was loaded with bugs.
i) We did not even sit down. Went back to the front office and demanded my points be returned. The weird guy offered me another room (no way) Then he offered me his own bedroom! I felt like I was a free lance photographer traveling through Calcutta looking for some shut-eye. Not the overweight, middle-class white guy looking to gamble at Mohegan. Get me out of here!
j) I went to a nearby Holiday Inn Express (reviewed elsewhere) and was pleased.

PS: I am starting a formal complaint through Choice Hotels. The owner has not credited me back my 6000 points. He said he would, even making a phone call in front of me, but I found out through Choice Hotels they have me listed as a next day check-out. The nerve. I want to go back and scream at him & just might.
Stay far away from this hotel. It is Unsafe, Crooked, Dirty, Unhealthy and worse than a dump.

Room Tip: Nothing is good here. Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bartendo
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 24 May 2016
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide
Dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

PHILLIP PATEL
FRONT DESK CLERK

Travellers are raving about these Moosic hotels

NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I would absolutely recommend this hotel. We stayed here while visiting my daughter, who attends the University of Scranton. It is only 10 minutes from Scranton, and is a great value, especially using AARP. I have stayed here about five times, beginning in 2008, and have NEVER experienced anything but cleanliness. The rooms we stayed in have had microwave, small fridge, clean towels, sheets, shower, etc. It may be seen as "basic" as some of the rooms are set in the somewhat older part of the building (it is quite large, especially in the back) but provided what we needed for a good night's sleep, a safe, clean place, with cordial front desk service. During most visits I asked for a room in the front, set back from the street, for convenient access to our car, parked in front of our front door. I simply cannot believe the above reviews; I found myself checking the hotel name to see if I was in the wrong site. My experience was certainly more positive than the other reviewers.
Maureen, Queens Village, New York

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.

We appreciate your business.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Albany, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

...and I don't mean that in a good way.

It was getting very late and we were getting very tired after driving all day. We found a coupon for this place in a travel magazine and went for it.

As soon as we pulled up I knew something wasn't right. This whole section of town looked run-down and shady ( and this is coming from someone who lives in a very dense "urban" area himself ). No matter, there was no way we were going to be driving around all night looking for something better, we just needed a little sleep.

I went to check-in and the very excitable gentleman at the front desk jumped around wildly, and talked very loud and fast, it was like something out of a Comedy Central movie or a Saturday Night Live skit. He wasn't unfriendly, in fact he was smiling the whole time and must have called me "my friend" 100 times in 3 minutes. He noticed we were a couple and promised to give us "very good room" at the end of the hotel. He probably figured we were out on some romantic escapade, but in reality we just wanted some sleep! The total came to $44.

We weren't really expecting much as we drove around the randomly placed fence in the middle of the front parking lot and then kicked open the door to our room. The whole thing was wallpapered, newly but poorly, and obviously to cover up all the deficiencies in the walls. The room surprisingly wasn't filthy, but it wasn't immaculate either. It was just kind of there. The bathroom was shabby and the shower barely worked. Yet as closely as we inspected the sheets they still seemed clean. We had a TV, a microwave, and a mini-fridge. An air conditioner was jammed into the wall and produced a dull roar all night, which may have been for the better.

We took all of our valuables out of the car (which was parked right in front of our door) and locked every lock we could find. We made it through the night without any disturbance whatsoever, and 3 months later neither of us have developed and strange diseases, so that is good. I walked into the lobby to check out and Mr. Excitement was still there and VERY excited about his orange juice machine, which he demonstrated for me. There was a box of store-bought donuts on the counter for "breakfast", you know the ones with 3 varieties (plain, powdered sugar, & cinnamon). I grabbed two and bailed.

As we were leaving I remarked that this seemed like one of those hotels that rents out rooms to sex offenders on a long term basis. Later I looked up the address in the online sex offender registry, but nothing came up. However, the motel next door did!

This really may have been the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank akosz

I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our Hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We are 24 hrs open if you would have brought to our attention at the time of stay we would have changed your room any changes would have been done prior to stay.
If you had ask we could have cancel your reservation without any charge.
please ask front desk if you want to check the room prior to your stay.
If you 're not satisfied with our accommodation or service please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right.
satisfaction could not be simple

Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

Poor check in - wouldn't honour my 'Choice Hotels Travel Voucher'. Apparently they are a Rodeway Inn, but only when they want to be. My first room I checked in to was appallingly filthy. There was mildew on the walls of the bedroom (yup - bedroom not bathroom), the toilet had scum floating on the top, and pee stains all around. That's when I clued in that the room hadn't been cleaned. The garbages had been emptied and the beds made, but upon closer examination, the sheets hadn't been changed from the previous occupant's stay. EWWW!! I asked for a new room at the front desk - and was given what he promised was his "best room". The best room had a defective deadbolt, dirty washroom, carpets, etc. The house shampoos were clearly re-filled for re-use, and the room refrigerator was (no exaggeration) more than 50% covered with black mildew inside. I wouldn't take my shoes off to walk on the floor in my sock feet, it was that gross.

I've never written a bad review, but listen - I'm ex-military (20 years), and I've stayed in some pretty crappy places over the years in lots of pretty crappy cities in 3rd world countries. I've seen and done lots of crappy stuff. If this place grossed me out - then that should tell you something, shouldn't it?

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank renecivie

PHILLIP PATEL
FRONT DESK CLERK
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

All of the old motels in this area looked incredibly dubious, but we couldn't have done much worse.

I got a 'deal' on one of the last rooms, which was way at the back. The building is a really huge place, probably from the '70s. Our room was a small one, under the staircase. The carpet was absolutely revolting, and the furniture was pretty beat up. The bathroom was clean-ish, and the bed was just okay enough to sleep in.

Our air conditioner did not work, and the room was really hot, even with the window open all night. The wall under the air conditioner was practically rotting away from water damage. We also got to listen to some idiot running up and down the stairs and the morons above us who had the TV on all night. We would have been better off just sleeping in the car.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roadtripperMaryland
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 14 August 2015

Nashville, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2008

I knew we were in trouble when the door to the room had the paint peeling off. Apparently the room above had a water leak sometime in the past and the repairs made were minimal at best. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, especially in the bathroom and there was black mold growing under the wallpaper. The tub faucet leaked continously. They did have a continental breakfast but it was only dounuts. There has to be a better choice somewhere near.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank chipnut

Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton? Share your experiences!