“I should have slept in the truck.”

Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“I should have slept in the truck.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were traveling with another couple that booked the hotel for one night since it was only $80 a night and in a convenient location to stop at after a concert at Toyota Pavilion. The place looks old, but what do you expect for that price. There was dirt on the hallway floors that wasn't cleaned up in the 8 hours we were there. The sheets were stained and there was hair on the bathroom sink. The mattresses are covered with a cheap plastic cover that makes all kinds of noise when you move and were really uncomfortable. When we flipped the lights on in the morning there was actually a bed bug on the bed that our friends slept in. The shower kept switching to cold when it was running. The only good thing about it was that it didn't smell bad because they had a tree shaped car air freshener hanging in the room. Trashy place! Stay Away!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
RODEWAYINNPA305, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 17 July 2015

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

ROGER PATEL
GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This motel is right out of the sixties..just off highway. Looks nasty but for the price was clean.had Fridge,coffee in the morning. Stayed 2 different times and would return. Owner/clerk was an interesting guy to talk to..very friendly.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the office appear to be in better shape.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 24 May 2016
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, May 29, 2015
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide
Dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Glenside, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

When I arrived, I had a sinking feeling. The outside of the hotel looks run down. There is some abandoned rooms, and buildings behind the hotel. The lobby was nasty. However, the room was ok for $59.95 a night. It was clean in all the right places. No signs of bed bugs, the sheets and towels were all clean. The room was made up fine. The decor is drab. The tv and A/c worked just fine. There was soap, shampoo and cups. For a bed to stay in after the concert on Montage mountain, it was all I needed. All the rooms have Wi Fi. They do not list as breakfast buffet, but they do have coffee and donuts of poor quality in the morning. A great choice is the old school diner next door, which is walkable from the hotel. There is a supermarket right up the road, with a fresh bakery too. If all you need is a clean bed, this place will do.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Marc R
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our

Greenfield, OHIO
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this hotel based on the mixture of good and bad reviews. You never know if someone is looking for upscale but booking cheaply. We received a good rate and the individual we worked with was very nice on the phone. However, once our workers came to the rooms, they found them to be very dirty. In fact, they slept in their clothes over their bed. This is not what we expect out of a hotel. We attempted to find another hotel, which is difficult in this area. Once we found another room, we were out of there! We contacted corporate, and received an email from the hotel stating that they didn't understand the cleanliness issue if our guys stayed there for a time. This is due to having trouble finding another clean room in the area! The room we were moved to was satisfactory and clean, and that's all we ask for. We would not go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 14 August 2015

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just needed a one nighter so I wasn't looking for anything special. However, the outside looked run down so I asked to see the room first. Room 163, smelled musty and old, carpet dirty, and another bathroom where housekeeping passes a mop but leaves the corners to accumulate crud - bathroom also needed upgrade. Didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable about telling the front desk "No Thank You" and condition of room. Another good example of trusting the reviews.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our Hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We are 24 hrs open if you would have brought to our attention at the time of stay we would have changed your room any changes would have been done prior to stay. Also we had given rock bottom rate for the for two double beds and ground floor room

Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Its all in the title. Outdayed everything, but everything worked, so I gave it a 2. But old, old old and not a nice area. Staff English hard to understand

Room Tip: choose somelace else, unless money is your only consideration. This place IS cheap.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this review, 30 July 2016
please ask front desk if you want to check the room prior to your stay.
If you 're not satisfied with our accommodation or service please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right.
satisfaction could not be simple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2011

THEY HAVE BED BUGS IN ROOM 179 and I feel like they knew cause the next morning when my husband and I woke up we had ten bites between the both of us...... I went to the guy and complained and they gave us another room that had plastic over the whole bed @ that point I was done cause not only were there bed bugs but these really big crunchy looking bugs and the bugs were in both rooms my husband got rid of four in the new room they gave us..... dont know if the new room had bed bugs didn't sick around to find out. they had very dirty carpets. and a very bad smell from the time you first walk in the sheets look clean but that top blanket is def. not..... the bathroom for the most part was clean and the towels the heat in the room was good I brought some room spray with me and sprayed the hallway and our room...... the mic & fridge were clean..... I payed $55 exact if your money is tight and your looking for a cheap spot you may want to think about it cause I pulled the sheets back and looked all around the bed for bugs before I even got in the bed i was positive I didn't see any but there were holes in the mattress so maybe they came from out of there I just never want to have to stay there again but I have been in worse and the guy yet he was very weird he was cool until I complained about the room then he wasn't so nice anymore I didn't even want to ask for my money back I just felt like I got what I deserved for even paying for the room

Room Tip: ask to see a room before you pay than make sure that is the room you get lol cause they all don'...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jane d

FRONT DESK CLERK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
Comfort Suites
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton? Share your experiences!