“Marriott as usual.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Castle, Delaware
“Marriott as usual.”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Our recent visit here was the Marriott usual. Every chain could learn from these people. From our registration to our leaving everything was excellent. The "Board" with all the info on in the lobby was very helpful. Computer access and printer use very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I travel a lot and I tend to stay in Marriotts under one branding or another. What you have with this Marriott property is one of the best staffs country wide. I have had multiple business aspects to accomplish and there has been nothing I asked they were not willing to help with. The rooms are spacious and they have a great work area with a comfortable office chair, not some side chair that just happens to fit the decor. As a platinum member of Marriott I am up graded to a sizeable suite that if need be, I could live in for a week at a time. The room is clean and freshly updated with some cool deco designs. For my personal pet peeve, everything is always in working condition, flat panel TV's through out, coffee maker (nicely stocked) and an iron that is not covered with melted carpet. There are some adequate chain restaurants right up the hill. However I ask the local front desk staff and they gave me tips on some of the best Italian restaurants I have ever experienced and thats difficult to say since I am from NY. On a family note there is a lot to see in this area and the hotel is built at the base of a ski mountain. There is also a nice multiplex, shopping and other neat venues very close by.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Neat place, Euro style lobby, nice little bistro, has food, alcohol, and Starbucks! booths with individual TVs and outlets for laptops in lobby. Lovely roomrt down the road from an upscale mall, full Starbucks, cineplex movie complex, restaurants etc. About 7 minutes north of Wilkerson Barre Scranton airport

• Stayed September 2011
new england
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I like my hotels to be clean, not a huge request. While the lobby of this Marriott is nice, the room I was in had hairs on the bed (not mine), dirt in the shower/sink area (not mine) and other minor items that showed that this room had not been cleaned thoroughly. Our first room had a problem so when we were put in this room, I knew it was our last resort since the hotel was sold out. Don't eat there for breakfast, go up the hill to Panera or one of the other places. I would likely try a different hotel when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Let me start this review by saying I am very picky about hotels, so maybe others wouldn't find any fault with this hotel, but I did. We stayed at this hotel recently for a few days and when we checked in we were told there is a restaurant there. It turns out that there is what I would consider a snack bar area - not a restaurant. You can get coffee, rolls, etc, but not a whole meal. There is no breakfast included, which frankly, for the price, there should have been. Luckily, Panera is close.

As for the rooms, they are large enough and the beds are comfortable. I was scheeved out by the toothpaste splatter that was on the coffee pot and the coffee packets which were oddly placed on the counter near the sink instead of on the shelf by the microwave. There was an ice bucket for wine, drinks, etc but it was so dusty I feared using it. As far as sleep quality, the walls are paper thin and the neighbors kept us up until after 1 AM. And, lastly, the 'do not distrub' signs were made for doorknobs not handle-type knobs and they fell off every time you opened the door which gets annoying after the third or fourth time you pick t up off the floor.

On the upside, the staff was nice and some of the ammenties were great, such as having a microwave and a refrigerator and free wi-fi, and free parking. The shopping and restaurants in the area are very close and there is a great movie theater nearby. The location is convenient for shopping, skiing or visiting Scranton or the Lackawanna coal mine tour. I might try the Marriott townplace suites next time which is right up the hill.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Great hotel. Has been updated, location is quiet. Plenty to do within minutes of hotel. Only bad thing is getting out of the driveway as it's hard to see.

• Stayed September 2011
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend during Hurricane Irene. It was unreal weather for sure. The hotel was clean, easy on and off from I-81, unless you follow the directions on a GPS unit, then good luck (LOL). They are pretty off. The staff was freindly and provided an excellant tip for a dinner setting. It was a very comfortable saty in very bad weather. We will return when in that area. We were driving up to bethel, New York to attend a Stevie Nicks concerts and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!