“Great facility/Clean/Modern”

SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a nice facility with a great location. I have stayed here for business on several occasions and have never had an issue. I have always found the staff to be welcoming and attentive. The rooms have a modern feel and are clean and comfortable. I would stay here for personal trips to the area as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Paul D-
Thank you for the great review. Glad you have enjoyed staying with us.
Matt E- Asst. GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The good:
location; price; aesthetically pleasing.

The bad:
door didn't work properly (I would have called, but past reviews show this is pointless); dirty hand stains on the door (both nights); bathroom fixtures falling off the wall; front desk clerk seemed bothered that I didn't want the room I was assigned (directly across from the elevator door). After reading reviews on this site, it appears management offers boiler-plate statements to address issues and guest concerns.

I try to stay in Marriott Properties whenever possible (being a Platinum Rewards member), but there are several other options about 15 miles north that I will explore next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Matthew E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Cromito,
Thank you for posting to Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites. I am sorry that you had issues with the door not working. We appreciate feedback from our guests, it helps us to provide better service. I would like to talk with you regarding your stay and any issue that you had. Please email me at sally.oursler@marriott.com or call the hotel. 570/207-1212
Sally O, GM

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I wanted to compliment the Hotel management for hiring a friendly person such as Faith. I was not a guest at your hotel. But I was attended in a friendly, warm manner. I went by to leave some information that will assist people in general to look at life with a hope for the future which can help in better work performance. I am a business owner and hold customer service in a high level so kudos to Faith for a job well done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Marlen K-
Thank for posting. I love to read when people have great things to say about the hotel and our associates. I will make sure to pass along to Faith your comments.
Matt E- Asst. GM

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed at this property for 1 night. We arrived early and they had a room available for us. Hotel appears fairly new and has a beautiful location on the mountain. It was close to several restaurants, movie theatre and mall as well. The bed was comfortable but unfortunately we found the walls thin. We could easily hear conversations from next door and didn't sleep due to the extremely loud snoring of the person staying next to us. The housekeeping was a bit lacklustre. We found several popcorn kernels around the bedframe, there was mold beginning to show in the shower grout and there was a noticeable stain in the carpeting. If we stay in the area again, we'll try the hotel located across the parking lot to see what it offers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy l
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Cindi I,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to read that you had issues with your room. These are issues that we are working to correct. I would love to talk to you regarding your stay if you could call me or email me matthew.evans2@marriott.com- so I can get more information so we can make sure that the issues with the room are fixed. Hopefully you will give us another chance next time you are in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area.
Matt E- Assistant GM

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is an exceptionally clean hotel, very new and extremely comfortable. We enjoyed our stay immensely. My only complaint is how the other guests behaved in the morning breakfast area. It was extremely crowded and guests were being very rude and making a huge mess of the tables. I think the breakfast buffet staff had a difficult time keeping up with the demands of the guests. Otherwise, I'd definitely stay there again. Nice shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kym72

Dear Kym72-
Thank you for the great review. We love to hear from our guests that their stay was enjoyable.
Sorry that there was an issue at breakfast. We work hard to keep it stocked for all of the guests.
Hope you have the chance to return next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you are going to a Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders baseball game at PNC Field, this is the hotel for you. Be sure to ask for a room on the 4th Floor overlooking the ballpark. The ballpark is located down the hill. Unfortunately, there are no trails, stairs, or sidewalks to get to the ballpark, but the view is spectacular and the car ride is 3 minutes.

The hotel was built recently, so the rooms are early 60's decor (love the blue l-shaped couch!) and well designed for comfort and functionality. The beds are super comfortable and there is a window bench to sit on while you look at the ballpark.

The staff is startlingly friendly from the front desk to housekeeping, remembering you even if you stay only one night. Quite an impression. They also offer complimentary chocolate chip cookies upon arrival and breakfast with fresh strawberries.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coco D

Dear Coco D-
Thank you for the great review. We love taking care of our guests and making friends with them. Glad to hear we took good care of you during your stay with us.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location, great room, good value - and a couple of good restaurants in close walking distance.

Very good staff adds to the positive experience. I have no negatives for this property.

We travel through this area a couple of times a year and this will be our first choice from now on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

RickR-
Thank you for the outstanding review. It is great to hear that we take such good care of you during your time with us. Come back soon!
Matt E- Asst GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Courtyard Wilkes-Barre Scranton/Arena

Been to SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!