SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice and clean. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. We stayed during the Peach Music Festival and there was a shuttle available. The hotel was full but remained very quiet and peaceful. There was a nice patio area with a gas fire. Very nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear LILBonsaii -
Thanks for taking the time for post your review. It was great to see that we took such good care of you during your stay with us. Hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.
Matt E- Asst. GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Check in/check out was a BREEZE. The staff was extremely polite and efficient. Rooms were very clean. Beds were VERY comfortable! The cleaning staff were very friendly and quick to respond to our request for more towels. The breakfast was very good and above average compared to numerous other places we have stayed. Our stay was during a very busy event in the area and the hotel was sold out, but you would not have noticed as all staff members were very accomodating! We WILL stay here again! THANK YOU!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks again for the wonderful review. I sincerely hope you are able to stay with us next time you are in the area.
East Meadow, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you are going to an event at Montage Mountain....this hotel is a great place to stay. Breakfast is included, heated indoor pool & hot tub, small gym. Convenient location, plenty of parking and very friendly staff!

Rooms
Dear Crossrdsgal
Glad to see that you had a good time at our hotel. Look forward to serving you again next time you are in the area.
Allentown PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stay here at least once a year when seeing a concert on Montage Mountain. Have been very pleased each time with the rooms, the property, and the complimentary breakfast. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable, clean and bright. I have used the fitness room on a previous stay, which also worked well. Plus the shops across the street offer everything you need, also easy access to I81.
Only complaint would be with the "general manager", Sally Oursler. When I stopped to see if it would be alright to pre-check in prior to 3:00, (understanding that there was a very good chance that the room would not be ready) and just wanted to get the paper work done and leave the name of my guest who was arriving after 3:00. I was met by Sally, name tag upside down, that I had to call from the back, out to the desk, Sally's answers were short, somewhat abrupt, and did not even allow me to finish my sentences. Ultimately she told me "no" I could not pre check in. Ironically I stopped back an hour later and met with another associate that took all my info and made sure that my guest was taken care of. Although dressed in a clean pressed button down shirt and dress jeans, Sally provided me with concert info that was scripted, as she assumed I was there for the show.
From my meeting with Sally, I feel confident that she would not expect one of her employees to greet a customer that way.
Will I stay here again, absolutely, I stay there because of the facility, not Sally.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank deerjeff
Matthew E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
deerjeff-
I am very sorry that we could not accomodate you with an early check-in. Because of the concert that was a weekend event we were unable to accomodate any early check-ins. I am sorry if you felt that I was short with you. That was never my intention. I am glad to see that you plan to use us again with your next visit.
Sally O- GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. Friendly staff. Clean. Great value. Rooms were large and very modern. Tastefully decorated. Only issue was that AC unit sounded like a freight train. Would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Lisa M.
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Victor, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a nice facility with a great location. I have stayed here for business on several occasions and have never had an issue. I have always found the staff to be welcoming and attentive. The rooms have a modern feel and are clean and comfortable. I would stay here for personal trips to the area as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Paul D-
Thank you for the great review. Glad you have enjoyed staying with us.
Shaker Heights, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The good:
location; price; aesthetically pleasing.

The bad:
door didn't work properly (I would have called, but past reviews show this is pointless); dirty hand stains on the door (both nights); bathroom fixtures falling off the wall; front desk clerk seemed bothered that I didn't want the room I was assigned (directly across from the elevator door). After reading reviews on this site, it appears management offers boiler-plate statements to address issues and guest concerns.

I try to stay in Marriott Properties whenever possible (being a Platinum Rewards member), but there are several other options about 15 miles north that I will explore next time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Matthew E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Cromito,
Thank you for posting to Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites. I am sorry that you had issues with the door not working. We appreciate feedback from our guests, it helps us to provide better service. I would like to talk with you regarding your stay and any issue that you had. Please email me at sally.oursler@marriott.com or call the hotel. 570/207-1212
Sally O, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!