“what a great surprise”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Melbourne, Florida
“what a great surprise”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been driving past this hotel for thirty years on my trips north and finally stopped over night due to the weather.
what a great surprise as the hotel was recently refurbished and had a great price. . I didn't expect such a classy place in little Morgantown Pa.
rooms, lobby ,restaurant ,lounge all appear to be brand new. indoor pool that we didn't have a chance to use

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for The Holiday Inn Morgantown. If in the area again, we hope you will stop in.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in Morgantown to teach for two days. I've stayed in this hotel in the past. They have done some remodeling in the lobby area since I last stayed there. I like the improvements as the business area is in the lobby and close to the main entrance. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed the company of the bar staff. I keep coming back as it is the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to be your home away from home.
Central NJ
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived to find I had been upgraded because I was a Gold member (yay!). Went to my room to discover that upgrade meant a handicapped room? With a toilet bowl that was gross? Rec'd a nice call from the desk soon after my arrival asking if everything was okay. Was exhausted so simply said things were fine and went to bed.

Had I been staying another night I would have asked to be downgraded. ;-)

As I did my morning prep, I noticed that the guest lotion was half-used. Gah. Next time I'll do a more thorough check, and ask for a different room if anything is off. Obviously, if one thing is unclean (toilet bowl), it's possible that the rest of the room isn't up to snuff either.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KChamis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear KChamis,

Thank you for your recent stay and writing us a candid review. Please accept my sincere apology if your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of the room assigned to you. As a valued IHG Rewards Gold member, we understand how this has left you frustrated and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can assure you this is not the kind of quality we expect to provide. We will certainly look at these issues to make sure this will not happen again.

We would love for an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

As we travel with our work we notice that hotels seem only cater to either the wealthy or the working class. This Hotel was clean, and close to our work location, on-site wash room clean, (Major pet pea for me is flat tires on luggage carts) , her we had hard rubber tires and they worked. Not a fan of breakfast, price of rooms aren't discounted to offset the breakfast, plenty of parking. So this hotel is middle of the road for me ,ill give it an 8

Room Tip: No Free Lunches Here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Green, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here on a school trip for two nights, my room had the window looking directly into the main lobby..... The staff were the worst part of the hotel, everyone that worked there where rode and looked liked they hated there job, I was carrying two bags and trying to open the door to the stairway there was a worker right next to me and he just stood there watching me try and open the door. My room had a mini fridge but did not have a microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Lovehamtioninn,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We’re glad to know you liked some of our amenities. However, it is regrettable that we were not able to provide 100% satisfaction during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our staff.

Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be reviewed upon. We thank you for your feedback as this will be our guide in improving guest satisfaction. We hope for another opportunity in serving you again when you return to Morgantown.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My son and I stayed here as part of our father-son weekend. We were greeted warmly and checked in quickly but were first placed into a smoking room. That got resolved and all was generally well after that. The hotel is basic and our room was nothing special but at the end of the day, we got a good nights sleep. I must give a nod to the staff, who were welcoming and accessible whenever we needed them. The front desk gentleman quickly resolved our concerns over the smoking room and we experienced no issues at all after that. I would upgrade the room next time to an executive one. Otherwise, everything was pretty clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't get a smoking room, and think about if you would prefer a room that has a window towards t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
JGB_MGNPA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments we appreciate everything our guest have to say. I am sorry that the first room was not to your liking and happy to hear you were taken care of in the end. In fact we just read your comment card that you filled out via IHG Survey and we have followed up to your concerns for the room in question. I trust you and your son had a good weekend and look forward to your return soon

Jerry Bellistri
GM
pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in an Executive King room which was beautiful and extremely clean. The lobby area of the hotel is modern and airy. The front desk agent was engaging and made good dining suggestions. I liked the fact that there is plenty of free parking and an indoor pool. Unfortunately, I did not get to try the bar or restaurant as they were closed due to my late check in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
The Waynebrook Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Comfort Inn Amish Country
Comfort Inn Amish Country
#1 of 3 in New Holland

Been to Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike? Share your experiences!