“Great stop along the way”

Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Great stop along the way”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great location just off the turnpike, but that's not the only thing this hotel has to offer. It's comfortable, clean and an easy place to recommend. Not where we wanted to stay, but all rooms in our preferred town were booked or hugely expensive. So we widened the search and found this great stop away from the touristy hustle bustle and we have an extra $100 in our pockets as we leave. No more in town for us... We will drive a little bit and get a really nice relaxing stay for half the price!

Room Tip: Huge parking lot for easy parking for large vehicle or pulling a trailer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happyhappytrails
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Drive a little, save a lot. Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to leave feedback. We hope to be of service to you again if in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful rate, great stay. The staff is attentive and patient. They don't rush you in or more importantly, they don't rush you out. The whole place got a renovation and looks and modern. Yet it still has the feel of the country atmosphere. I will stay there again and I live in Morgantown Pa. !
It's a great place to get away even if it's just up the road from your house! The pool is great for the kids and the lounge is awesome for the adults.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew R
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Stop by anytime, we would love to have you back. Bring your friends and enjoy one of our weekday specials at the bar. Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We appreciate it!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel about 4 times and it just keeps getting better! The hotel staff go beyond the call of duty to make sure all of their guests are happy! The hotel staff is very welcoming when you arrive to check in at 3pm and there is even a restaurant inside the hotel and the food is outstanding and inexpensive as well! They have an indoor heated swimming pool as well! It is conveniently located about 7 miles from the vanity fair outlets in nearby reading/Wyomissing pa, and is also 7 miles away from maple Grove raceway as well!

• Stayed July 2014
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review. I must agree, our staff wants to exceed our guests expectations. I hope that when in the area again, you will consider staying with us once again. Thank you again for the kind words.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay in hotels over 100 times a year for business, but this trip was personal. I found the hotel to be a wonderful surprise and I've stayed there more than once and for multiple days. The staff is wonderful and super friendly. I had one issue that was immediately fixed without questioning my complaint. The hotel offers a good breakfast at very reasonable prices. Hotel is clean with an indoor swimming pool. Very nice lobby! I have gotten different size rooms, but they have all been a good size and clean. Upgrades to executive rooms are very reasonable and I would recommend upgrading. The first time I stayed there, the restaurant was open. This time, breakfast was served in the bar area. I prefer the restaurant and I recommend better signing to let people know where it is, since it is tucked away in the back. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading. It is an excellent value and very inexpensive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words. We take pride in our guest and their stays. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we learn and grow from feedback given. Please know that ALL of our rooms are the same size, however, the executive wing may appear bigger due to the furnishings. I hope that if in the area again you will allow us to service you. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a different looking Holiday Inn set out in a rural area far away from Lancaster County sights. The beds and pillows were wonderful. Very clean and comfy. The towels were fluffy and soft in a clean bathroom. I did have to ask for hair conditioner as there was none in the room. We called twice to have the sink drain cleaned, and on the last night it was working. We had a fridge and microwave in our room - the microwave sat on top of the fridge. There were no electrical outlets on the lights or desk to charge phones, etc. All the lights worked as did the air conditioning. There were two elevators and four floors so that service was slow. It was just as easy for me to use the stairs.
The pool surprised me because it was bigger than I thought it would be. The water was very clean and temperature was great. The fitness room was small but the air conditioner worked in there.
Our tour group ate breakfast in a separate dining room and we were served scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, butter, jam, orange juice and coffee. They also had boxed dry cereal and milk. No fruit but I'm sure that was part of the tour package. The last morning they did serve a great yogurt selection that had fresh strawberries and blueberries. The yogurt appeared to be home made, not in containers and I enjoyed it. Kirk was very attentive and definitely a great staff member.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay with us. We love our bus groups and we are happy that we met your expectations. We take the opportunity to learn and grow by our comments left behind by our guest. Again, thank you!
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed 1 night. They have an indoor pool that is a nice size but oddly placed. The pool is actually in the lobby. The room was clean and large. The decor in the room was a little outdated. Our ac did not work when we first checked in but the maintenance man arrived quickly and fixed it. We did not use the restaurant in the lobby. Despite all that I would recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2014
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that even though you had an issue with your a/c our maintenance department was on top of it and fixed it for you right away. Should our hotel fit in your travel route in the future, I hope that we can assist you again.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been driving past this hotel for thirty years on my trips north and finally stopped over night due to the weather.
what a great surprise as the hotel was recently refurbished and had a great price. . I didn't expect such a classy place in little Morgantown Pa.
rooms, lobby ,restaurant ,lounge all appear to be brand new. indoor pool that we didn't have a chance to use

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for The Holiday Inn Morgantown. If in the area again, we hope you will stop in.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
The Waynebrook Inn
#1 of 3 in New Holland
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton

Been to Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike? Share your experiences!