“YUCK!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Connecticut
“YUCK!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We did not stay here personally but we had family who did. The rooms were so nasty that we had a free room from a family member and chose to spend more to stay at the Holiday Inn so we didn't risk bringing home bed bugs or roaches.

The family had to go out and buy Febreeze and other products because the rooms smelled, heck we stayed in the driveway and that smelled too.

There was definitely a family living there and they just let their kids play outside in their pajamas and they had little knick knacks all over their landing. It looked run down and I am very surprised that they are legally allowed to run a business in that condition.

I wouldn't stay there. I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully. It is no place to stay. You might save a little money on your trip but you also risk having to spend thousands in exterminators by bringing home bed bugs or roaches.

I think Red Carpet means an unshaved woman during her cycle? At least that is what this hotel depicts.

Room Tip: Just do not choose one at all. Stay far away from the Bed Bug Inn.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank notjstanothrmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Englewood, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2011

As soon as I ipulled into this place I should have turned around. It still advertises "COLOR TV!!" as a major selling feature. Going into the check in office we were told our discount we got through Hotels.com was actually an AARP discount, which there was nothing about it on the website or the receipt about it being an AARP discount. Well we were made to pay the full price instead (woo hoo a whole $5 more a night for this room---that was a huge ripoff in retrospect).

We head to the room and I notice a family of 5 watching us. I'm pretty sure that family lives here full time as they looked quite comfortable with the multiple lawn chairs and yard decorations they had on the porch. I get into the room and I'm immediately disgusted. Never before have I instantly wanted to search for bedbugs and mattress stains. The room looks like it hasn't been updated since 1970 and all the furniture looks like it was bought from a second hand store/garage sale in "worn" condition. The walls of the room had severe water damage and the bathroom fixtures are so old that the metal is corroding and every tile in the shower is lined with black mold. It also looks like a window was removed in the bathroom but the dry wall has not been patched up and the section of tile directly below it was torn to pieces but never fix entirely. Ammenity-wise there's nothing. There was a pool advertised but there is no pool or even a place where there could be a pool (although with the way the room is kept I wouldn't swim in it). This whole place looks like somewhere you'd have a one night stand with a prostitute. So to sum up the review trying to have a relaxing/clean stay at a hotel?---no, trying to have an extramarital affair with some disease ridden lady of the night?--this is your place!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank whjules06
Pittsburgh Pa
Reviewed 20 August 2010

last room on left has broken windows
But you can see where owner is updating
New carpets new matresses brand new appliances
Upon next mornings check out crew had already arrived for work in rooms few are already finishes
Don't rule this one out
just give it time
However there is no coffee in lobby as advertised
Lobby remained locked until after 9am
Also there are no signs telling you how to get to this place from Turnpike
Owner probably should shut down some of the rooms until they are completely updated
Bad call renting out rooms with broken windows

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank spundtucker
flushing
Reviewed 26 December 2008

When i arrived at the inn it did not seem that bad....but when i entered my room i was horrified. The window in my room was broken and when i called the office to report that there is a brick holding the window closed he said that nothing will happen and no one would break in. The room was freezing, and i demaded a new room which i received but not much better it was still cold and the bathroom window was stuck open. I have been to many hotels and many cheaper than this one but never came across any place like this. Please stay away i warn you this is not a joke!!!

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank slimting115
Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We booked for 4 days, on the 3rd day when our sheets had not been changed (they did not even fit, top of both sides were off, matress pad was the same.) They obivously were trying to use queen sheets on a king bed. Freezer had so much frost in it that you could not put anything in it. No coffee pots, clocks and you had to go outside to get connected to the internet. Never did see an ice machine. Needless to say, we just checked out on the 3rd day (after we got back for our event and notice the sames sheets with the burned hole in it) and just gave up our fees for that day. I have stayed at many hotels over the years, but this one was the worst. Do yourself a favor and stay AWAY!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty and unfitting sheets and mattress pad
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank MuzzMaryland
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2006

As I arrived at the motel, my first thought was, "Yikes. This is scary." The exterior was run-down and the location was less than ideal. I took a deep breath, and went to check in. The attendant was courteous, but ultimately gave me a different room than had been originally booked. And, I had no say in the matter. The interior was dirty and the room had a strange smell. The furniture and carpeting was old, the alarm clock broken, the tv of poor quality, and the two chairs had prominent stains and cigarette burns on the seats. The air conditioner (a window-model) worked ok. But, that was about it. Although I paid $50/night, I got what I paid for. I will GLADLY avoid this motel the next time I come into Morgantown.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank Mangas11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike
Red Roof Inn Denver
Red Roof Inn Denver
#3 of 6 in Denver
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!