“Needs updated!!!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 20 August 2010

last room on left has broken windows
But you can see where owner is updating
New carpets new matresses brand new appliances
Upon next mornings check out crew had already arrived for work in rooms few are already finishes
Don't rule this one out
just give it time
However there is no coffee in lobby as advertised
Lobby remained locked until after 9am
Also there are no signs telling you how to get to this place from Turnpike
Owner probably should shut down some of the rooms until they are completely updated
Bad call renting out rooms with broken windows

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank spundtucker

Reviewed 26 December 2008

When i arrived at the inn it did not seem that bad....but when i entered my room i was horrified. The window in my room was broken and when i called the office to report that there is a brick holding the window closed he said that nothing will happen and no one would break in. The room was freezing, and i demaded a new room which i received but not much better it was still cold and the bathroom window was stuck open. I have been to many hotels and many cheaper than this one but never came across any place like this. Please stay away i warn you this is not a joke!!!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank slimting115
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We booked for 4 days, on the 3rd day when our sheets had not been changed (they did not even fit, top of both sides were off, matress pad was the same.) They obivously were trying to use queen sheets on a king bed. Freezer had so much frost in it that you could not put anything in it. No coffee pots, clocks and you had to go outside to get connected to the internet. Never did see an ice machine. Needless to say, we just checked out on the 3rd day (after we got back for our event and notice the sames sheets with the burned hole in it) and just gave up our fees for that day. I have stayed at many hotels over the years, but this one was the worst. Do yourself a favor and stay AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MuzzMaryland
Reviewed 6 July 2006

As I arrived at the motel, my first thought was, "Yikes. This is scary." The exterior was run-down and the location was less than ideal. I took a deep breath, and went to check in. The attendant was courteous, but ultimately gave me a different room than had been originally booked. And, I had no say in the matter. The interior was dirty and the room had a strange smell. The furniture and carpeting was old, the alarm clock broken, the tv of poor quality, and the two chairs had prominent stains and cigarette burns on the seats. The air conditioner (a window-model) worked ok. But, that was about it. Although I paid $50/night, I got what I paid for. I will GLADLY avoid this motel the next time I come into Morgantown.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank Mangas11

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!