“Great trip to Sesame Place”

Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
Syracuse, New York
“Great trip to Sesame Place”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When you first exit the highway to head to this hotel you will be greeted by a not so great looking industrial area and a gentleman's club in front of you. The hotel itself borders train tracks, a 7-11 and a fireworks store. However, we never felt unsafe and you need to look beyond the surroundings because this is a fabulous hotel perhaps not in the prettiest location. It is also only a quick 5 minute drive from Sesame Place and for the savings in the package price we found it plenty convenient for the park. There aren't many amenities in the immediate area around the hotel as far as restaurants but there are plenty just up the road in Langhorne near Sesame Place which is where we spent most of our time.

We stayed here as part of a Sesame Place package and from the moment we walked in and received a little goodie bag with coupons for Sesame Place and a bag of cookies for the kids to share we could tell the hotel was up to the challenge of catering to families of small children. On the Sunday we were there a balloon and face painting artist was in the lobby during breakfast . They also have decals of Sesame characters on the walls and the breakfast attendant handed out crayons and coloring pages during breakfast. All of these were nice added extras.

The outdoor pool while not huge is ideal for families. It was warm and the maximum depth is 5 feet. I am sure it would be more crowded during a peak time of the year but we found it empty both times we used it.

The front desk staff was all wonderful. We had to make several requests to the desk for extra towels and supplies and they were always able to help us out even late at night after we had returned from a day in the park.

The only downside was the Sesame Place package site clearly listed "1 King Bed and is a Non-Smoking room. Also Included: Sofa bed for 2 people...". We arrived expecting a sofa bed and found that instead there was a chair and ottoman. We had brought a cot for one of our children but thought there would be bedding for the other child. Since there wasn't we had to pay the 10 dollar a day fee to add a roll away bed to the room.

Overall we would recommend this hotel as a good base for spending time at Sesame Place. You will always be warmly greeted by the front desk staff and come back to a clean and comfortable room after a busy day at the park.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Familytravel997
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are so pleased to hear all of the wonderful things you had to say about our property! We apologize about your room not having the pullout couch, but next time we will make sure you get one. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you plan to visit Sesame Place!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I used this property for a wedding guest room block and reserved the breakfast room for a social gathering for out of town guests. The management went above and beyond in communications with me prior to the event, and were quick to problem solve with some minor issues the day of. The property was spotless, modern, and fairly priced. It is super easy on/off route 1 at the NJ/PA border. My only complaint is the train that runs through the front yard, but that isn't something they can help.

Room Tip: Request the back side since the train runs through the front, if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JenJennieJennifer
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property! We are pleased to hear that everything went to smoothly for you and your wedding party, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have many wedding groups stay with us, and we know what a stressful time it can be (especially for the bride and groom!) so we do try our best to make our part as easy as possible. Thank you again!
New Providence, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Why are there so much noise from a group of men daily. This is very annoying. I thought a hotel stay away from home gives you peace and quite. Every where you look they hanging some where around the hotel like a bar. I don't think I will choose this as my hotel to stay when I'm back in town . Hotel staff is ok it's just the guest that they have there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank michael f
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We apologize that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay due to noisy guests. Over the past few weeks, we have had many sports teams and children staying at our property, and they can get a little loud. Our front desk staff is always available to help with any noise complaints; your review did not mention if they assisted you or not!
We do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. A huge thank you to the breakfast service lady, Pushpa! She was awesome!
Everything made my family happy and comfortable!!!

3 Thank HPTVL
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. I will be sure to show this to Pushpa and our front desk staff! We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and i work in the service field here in Montreal and we know good service. They were great :) It started with a midnight checkin with two toddler girls (2 and 3). Patricia helped me checkin and she was really nice about giving me advice on what to expect for my sesame land day with my family. The morning started with a fresh coffee near the entrance followed by a yummy breakfast. A lady named Pushpa prepared the buffet style breakfast of eggs and meats. My daughters and my husband were happy. There was a nice variety and the nice lady reminded me of my mom in the kitchen. It was nice. :)

The property is really 5-10 minutes from Sesame Land which was great when we just wanted to get there and get back. The breakfast was yummy and it was free. The pool was nice and warm and they were super kid-friendly.

I liked it a lot and I'm planning another trip some time this year.

Room Tip: My room was close to both the entrance and the breakfast room. It was nice for me and the kids when...
1 Thank Raji S
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will make sure Patricia and Pushpa see this review as well. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you visit Sesame Place!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Started out an average night's hotel stay for first night... Breakfast was great the following morning. The amazing woman working the breakfast treated my 2 little girls so well. We returned from Sesame Place to find the stuffed animals left behind sitting on the bed, as if waiting for the girls to return. The next morning, the same amazing woman set up breakfast and again made my girls feel like princesses. This hotel is amazing for the kids!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bed - room but made a separate quarters for our two girls
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Doug S
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was the base for our soccer team while in the area for a tournament this week-as the group coordinator I like easy to work with individuals, great guest service, and CLEAN rooms...we didn't receive all of the above.

The hotel was great to work with setting the stay up and my check in was outstanding. Carly (hope I spelled it right) is the best and I mean BEST associate this hotel has! I wish she worked weekends...not that lucky! She made everything about the reservation process easy. My check in was perfect and my rooming list was ready as asked.

Every other front desk associate through out the weekend was less than friendly and less than helpful. We had a family with the wrong rate, it took three times for me at the desk to get this corrected and I was told all three times it was done, yet it was not...very frustrating. I actually asked for a print out of their folio to double, actually triple check only to see it was not done yet again!

Several in our group had allergy issues in this hotel-thinking musty and mildew from old ac units. We lived on meds for the weekend. Housekeeping is so so but not bad. Breakfast is not great and not friendly. Had to ask the desk for non flavored creamers more than once for coffee as they were not restocked and not everyone likes flavored coffee creamers.

Sat in the lobby a lot on this trip and the desk associate just turned the lobby TV up so she could hear it over the guests talking in the lobby...quite annoying as we talked louder because we could not hear ourselves over her darn TV shows...we won't be returning next year.

Hotel is close to sesame place-enjoy with the little ones as it is not designed for older kids nor are all the associates super friendly...kind of a sketchy area as well...wrong side of the tracks.

Room Tip: ask for the side away from the railroad tracks and highway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your team's recent stay! I will be speaking to each department about the level of guest service that was provided during the weekend. I would also like to apologize for the confusion for some of the rates -- we were sold out this past weekend and some of your team had to be upgraded and some of our staff were not able to update the group rate. I do hope that all has been taken care of though.

We do hope you will reconsider staying again next year and we hope to make it up to you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem

Been to Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area? Share your experiences!