“Great proximity to Sesame Place, very happy with our stay”

Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Comfort Inn Morrisville, while visiting Sesame Place. We were definitely pleased with our accommodations.

We arrived at midnight and were quickly checked into our room which was very close to the lobby, breakfast area, pool etc. I realized that it was a handicapped accessible room. This made things difficult, as there wasn’t a bathtub for our toddler and the shower head didn’t go higher than 3 feet. When I checked with the front desk the next morning for a room change, they were very accommodating, but pointed out that my reservation came through for an accessible room (I wasn’t aware of that ahead of time because I’d never book a room like that with a toddler). The General Manager went out of his way to accommodate us into a room that better suited us. We were moved to the very end of the hall to room 125. Which was great because we could use our key to access our room/parking lot from the entrance at the end of the hall, not having to make the long trip down the hall, through the lobby and into the parking lot. One odd thing: When we got back from Sesame Place on a Wednesday night, there were a bunch of people, some employees (I don’t believe any were guests) hanging out by that entrance for a few hours that night. Smoking and talking and just hanging out. This made us a little uncomfortable because it was right near our room. I just don’t think loitering should be allowed. It’s not a hangout for employees.

Rooms – comfortable, clean and updated. Our king bed was comfortable (and we’re pretty picky) and the pillows were nice. Our toddler had a crib and slept well. They provided a sheet for his crib, but I brought my own to put over it. We turned on the TV only for cartoons in the morning and it worked great. Fridge was nice and cold and we were even able to freeze our ice packs in the mini slide in freezer part of it. (We packed lunches for Sesame Place.) AC worked well. There was a microwave and a safe. We didn’t use them but nice to have them there. There was a small desk and chair on wheels, as well as a pull out loveseat and a coffee table. Plenty of lighting. Bathrooms were small and there was chipped and peeling paint and it needed a remodel, but by no means was it unusable. I don’t need the bathroom of my hotel to be perfect, just functional. And it was. Could have used more towels. Only had 2 towels/washcloths/handtowels for 3 of us each time the room was cleaned. I just grabbed more off the housekeeping cart.

Breakfast – Very good for the fact that it’s included in the price of the room. Yogurts, toasts, bagels, English muffins, pastries, donuts, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, cereals, milk, juices and coffee. Breakfast gets very busy; there are a lot of families with kids. The first morning my son and I went early, around 6:45am and we were the first ones there. On the other two mornings we went closer to 8:30am and it was packed. Note: There are two outside tables that you can eat breakfast at, right near the pool.

Pool – The area surrounding the pool was nicely landscaped. Pool towels are outside for you. Pool is small but was fun for our toddler. Temperature was nice as well. On our last morning we told our son he could swim after breakfast. Pool hours are 9am – 9pm. So we were going to let him swim for 30 minutes (9:00-9:30) and then get ready to check out and get on the road by 10:30. We couldn’t get into the pool until past 10am because they were cleaning it. This was extremely annoying because we had a crying/whining child for over an hour asking to swim and it delayed our check out and us getting on the road for a long drive by over an hour. It also meant we had to eat dinner on the road that night when we should have been home in time for dinner. So even though the hotel maybe didn’t think it was a big deal, it actually was. We should have been home that night by 6pm. Instead we didn’t get home tell 9pm because of our delay in leaving and we had to pit stop for dinner. All because of the pool not being open. (Had I known it wasn’t going to open on time I never would have told our son he could swim. But once I tell him he can do something, I don’t go back on my word.)

Other – They had a small desk with a computer for guest use, a small workout room (which also had a water cooler in case you need to fill up a water bottle), vending machines that took credit/debit cards, coin op laundry (one washer/one dryer). The area the hotel is in isn’t bad. There is a 7 Eleven and a Dunkin Donuts a few doors down. It’s right next to train tracks, but our room was on the back side of the hotel so we didn’t hear a train. The hotel is a bit tricky to find if you aren’t sure where you’re going, but I pin pointed it on google maps before we left so I knew where to look and we had no problem finding it. It was a 6-7 minute drive to Sesame Place. Super easy to navigate.
Overall, our stay was pleasant and we would stay here again while visiting Sesame if the price was right (we paid $100/night through Orbitz which is about what it’s worth).

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side will avoid the train tracks
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelbs97
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are please to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and all of the amenities that we have to offer! I'm pleased to hear that the room change went smoothly for you as well. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you are traveling to our area!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We chose the hotel based on the location. The hotel had been recently updated and had a clean, modern design. I can't say enough about how helpful Barbara from the front desk was. She was patient and did everything with a smile. Nice to see great customer service for a change! The room was spotless and the breakfast offerings were a nice convenience. The breakfast area could be a bit cleaner but i have to attribute that to the messy guests. Beware, lots of kids!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate the response, and will make sure Barbara sees this as well! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are traveling to our area!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice front desk staff. The pool is lovely and warm. Clean rooms and the breakfast was very warm and fresh as well. They even had a balloon and face painting artist for the kids.

Will definitely be staying here for our annual Sesame Place trip each year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanita C
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and all of our amenities! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Sesame Place!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We used this hotel for more reasonable price while bringing grandchildren to Sesame Place. Area appeared reasonably safe, but not good for walking around. Easily on/off highway US 1 access. Easily to drive to variety of restaurants (finding number of restaurants within 15 minute drive by using internet search). Rooms were clean and decent size. Included breakfast is not so good, and limited seating on crowded days. Small pool is pleasant to sit by and cool off, and kept in decent condition.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PMRAGBR
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities that we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you are in the area!!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We went for the Special Olympics this June in Trenton and combine with visiting family also, we drove from Mississippi and got in early Mr Patel let us check in early and the rest of the stay was the same way. Excellent service really friendly staff printed out maps for us and just nice people.
we were traveling with our pups and they gave us a downstairs room near the end which was so easy to take the boys out. I would stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you (and your pups) enjoyed your recent stay with us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the area!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my first trip to Sesame Place with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren (aged 5 yrs. each). We stayed for 3 nights. The hotel has an easy access off the highway. The property is very clean, on the inside and out. Rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The entire staff, from the time we checked in until we checked out, couldn't have been any nicer, making us feel at home and welcome. The free breakfast each day had a wide variety, and the lady in the breakfast room was extremely friendly and helpful, making sure everyone had what they needed and more, including Sesame Street themed coloring papers and crayons for the children. At the end of each day when we were tired from having so much fun, I wished the hotel was closer to the park, but for the bargain I was getting for 2 rooms for 3 nights, including tickets to the park, I have no complaints. I would definitely come back to this hotel in the future and recommend it to anyone on a budget, who does not want to feel like they are roughing it, but living it up. Thank you to the staff of the Comfort Inn Morrisville for helping to make our Sesame Place adventure a memorable one.

Room Tip: Across the street from Sesame Street would have been a more convenient location, but in comparison o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene M
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us! We have many families stay with us during the Sesame season, and we try our hardest to cater to all of their needs! We look forward to seeing you all again the next time you visit the park!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

All I can say is thanks Rahzohn Ford! This young man went beyond and above his field of duty to make my stay excellent from the time I walked in the door and he took my reservations and made sure everything was in place to the time I checked out this gentleman is truly excellent and put the word excellent customer service into place as standard. The others at the hotel did a good job formulating fixed our breakfast to the person who is cleaned the rooms and laundry. I appreciate the lady in the diner who saw to it that I received the newspaper every morning.

Room Tip: Have Rahzohn Ford reserve your room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith M
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for the great response about our front desk agent, Rah-Zohn! He is a wonderful member of our team who always goes above and beyond to help our guests and we will definitely make sure he sees this. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Bordentown - Trenton South
6 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area? Share your experiences!