“good breakfast”
Review of My Sister's Place - CLOSED

My Sister's Place
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stopped here for breakfast before golf. The portions were huge. The service was great and friendly. This is not a fancy restaurant, but if you want a big breakfast for a really good price, then this is the place. I live two hours away so I can only go there when we golf in this area. I wish we had a place like this closer to home.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The food is always good, but the ice cream is better. I remember seeing a banana split from here and wondering how the people were ever going to eat it.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Real Sausage and homefries home cooked food! The help was very frendly plus real good service. Great place to eat!!

1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We frequent this area of McKean County for personal and business. This little spot has great family style food -- breakfast, lunch and dinner -- and owned by local entrepreneurs who have really made the food and value a great stop for any meal when in Mount Jewett. While it is small, they move people quickly and the food has always been really good at any time of the day. Recommend their cinnamon rolls in the morning or a good club sandwich/burger at lunch. The fish fry is really very good on Fridays along with specials that they have throughout the week. The highlight is the massive ice cream cones (for those that still have room) from the outside window. Even the small looks like an extra large by most diner/take-out standards - !

3  Thank tlc232
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Every time I am driving up route 219 I make it a point to make a detour to Mount Jewett to see what's left of the Kinzua Bridge, and stop for ice cream. The restaurant that existed before My Sister's Place always served huge portions of Perry's ice ceam, and the new owners do not disappoint! Perry's ice cream is hard to come by in the Pittsburgh area, since it's a Buffalo-area company, so every time I get a chance to get some, I do. My Sister's Place has a issue with portions; they make them TOO BIG! A small cone is gigantic, and the price is VERY resonable. I have never eaten inside the place, so I cannot offer an opinion, but the ice cream is worth the visit! Places like this are getting more rare each day, so take advantage of it the next time you are on Route 6 or 219 and stop here for a great treat!

1  Thank SteelerPensFan4387