“The best of the best”

Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Cameron many times over the years and always look forward to going back. The place has all the charm and elegance of a well-kept, valuable antique. The beauty of the building and grounds is inspiring, and a walk around the place is calming and restorative. The food is outstanding, and always something unexpected. The two men who own and run the inn are the tops in their field, and have developed the facility to become the top wedding destination in the area. If you want a romantic get-away, or just some relaxing time to unwind, the Cameron Inn is the place.

Room Tip: We like room #21, The Harvest Room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2014

For our daughters wedding in May of 2014 we had the entire inn for 3 nights. The inn hosted both families for meals and porch parties. The facilities, service and food could not have been better. The staff bent over backwards to meet every need. Wonderful staff and service start to finish! If you have not considered a destination wedding you should.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding in may 2014. The venue is gorgeous but the service was not what I expected. During the cocktail hour my husband and I must have been sitting on the wrong side of the table .appetizers kept being offered on the opposite side of the table but never made it to our side. The only thing we had to eat during the entire cocktail hour was one mini quiche !
I had made a mistake in ordering my entree. I ordered stuffed chicken breast. One other entrée offered was seafood so I didn't expect the chicken would be stuffed with seafood. I don't eat any seafood. When I explained this to the kitchen staff they said they had not a single extra alternative entree. After much complaining they agreed to make the vegetarian entree but they acted like it was a real imposition and they really took their time. I find it hard to believe that a catering place doesn't make a few extra plates!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michele H
CameronEstateInn, Manager at Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time post this review and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. It appears that our servers did come to your table to offer hors d’oeuvres to the table. They try to circulate to the entire group to ensure that everyone gets served and get as many as they like.

Bridal clients provide us with detailed information regarding their guest’s entrée selection as well as any dietary restrictions. We regularly accommodate dietary restrictions for dairy, gluten, vegetarian, vegan and seafood sensitivities. Had we know about your issue in advance we would have gladly had a suitable dish ready to serve you.

I’m sorry that it took a bit to get you an acceptable meal. As we only have a catering kitchen in our banquet facility your special meal had to be ordered from the restaurant and then delivered. I’m sorry that you got the wrong impression of our staff’s intentions. We hope you enjoyed the wedding. We appreciate the feedback and will try to do better next time.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I recently got married at Cameron Estate Inn. Breathtaking does not do the description of their grounds justice! From the minute we arrived to look at the place we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. A HUGE thank you to all of the staff at Cameron who really went above and beyond to help us organize and plan. It was such a memorable experience from beginning to end. Rachel and the rest of the staff there helped guide me through the process every step of the way which made the day of our wedding an absolute dream come true. The energy and vibe at Cameron is like being in a relative's home. Warm, intimate and inviting. The historic element of the inn added so much charm.... It was everything we dreamed it would be. Our family and friends had such an amazing time...it's been over 2 months since our wedding and they're all still talking about it. My husband and I are looking forward to many, many trips to Cameron Estate throughout the years!!!!

Room Tip: If you're coming with your family, definitely seek the advice of the Inn Keepers on which rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I and another couple recently spent a few days at the Inn.It was very enjoyable. The place has beautiful grounds ,I can see why there are so many weddings taken place there. I don't know why some people complained about the food .Although a limited choice for breakfast it was very good.The dinner on the other hand was as good as i have ever had . My wife wanted to steal the chef. As far as the staff goes everyone was wonderful.Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient didn't try to rush us or push us out.Housekeeping was excellent. Last but by far not least there is Mary.She was so nice and helpful and a pleasure to talk to.A wonderful lady who went out of her way to help us find things to do and places to go.You a treasure Mary. Thank You. Dean & Sheila Crandall;

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I recently got back from what can only be described as the wedding of our dreams at Cameron Estate Inn. It was magical from beginning to end. Our Wedding would not have been so lovely if it were not for the organisational skills and helpful insight of the staff at the Inn. They helped us every step of the way. They were flexible, kind, and delightful!! Everything was outstanding from the venue to the food. Thank you Cameron Estate Inn!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank indigogo
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I must admit, I did read a few recent reviews on here and was expecting the worse. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it was, on the whole a decent experience. The Inn is set in beautiful grounds and the room I stayed in was No. 21, it was traditional, spacious, clean and looked great. Two minor things, the large antique mirrored wardrobe was not actually useable as it was for display only. So there wasn't anywhere to hang clothing. The only other thing was that the floors were over polished so made the floors quite slippery, other people in different rooms had similar floors. Breakfast was included, limited to two/three basic choices and going by US standards not large in size either, but for me it was adequate. Just to note the service was good, friendly and efficient. The venue was fully booked by the wedding party for 2 nights and they didn't have any complaints that I was aware of. We did however notice one of the receptionists was not as friendly/chatty compared with the others but it wasn't offensive in anyway, they just got on with doing their job. The wedding itself went well, the ceremony hall is pretty. The wedding can also be conducted outside but unfortunately the weather was a little unpredictable, the hall was used instead. The reception was held in a separate building which catered for the 70+ guests but it was a bit of a squeeze. The remaining half of the building was left for a dancing area. The food at the reception was a menu selected by the bride and groom. I felt the food was prepared okay. Again we found the service was good (a guest had noticed a list of must do's in the kitchen for staff and it appears they have taken on the feedback left from previous reviews about service). Overall the wedding went well and I'd rate the Inn as above average, not quite very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GarethLondonHighgate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Joy
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#4 of 40 in Lancaster
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster

Been to Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!