This was our 2nd stay at Rocky Acre. Our first was 3 years ago when our kids were 2 and 4. My 2 year-old could not stop talking about it for 3 years and I finally looked ahead enough to snag a room for a few nights when we were available. It is even better with a 5 and 7 yearold. The first time we stayed at the apartment off property and while it was nice, being at the house is sooooo much better. We enjoyed getting to meet other families and the kids enjoyed being a part of the house community. Mrs. Brenner welcomed us when we arrived and the Farmer's suite was great for our family of four. The breakfast is great at the family table. Mr. Brenner even entertained with some great card tricks. My daughter loved gathering eggs. We also enjoyed milking the cow (they each squeezed and utter), feeding the calves, interacting with the baby goats, and being a part of the overall good vibes given by the inn keepers, the employees and other families. What I also appreciate is the flexibility. It can be a hub if you want to explore Lancaster county or the main gig if you really want to unplug and enjoy the great outdoors. There are Kayaks, a place for fishing, a game room, swings, and a great porch to just relax. If you want a great time for the kids and an opportunity to connect with nature that is nestled in a great location, this is the place for your family. My son is already asking to go back next year and this time, I'm on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bring your family to experience the dairy farm. Milk the cows, feed the calves, gather eggs, pony ride, tractor rides and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Rocky Acre Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Acre Farm Hotel Mount Joy
- Rocky Acre Farm B&B Mount Joy, Pennsylvania