“Dangerous for children”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Joy
Green Acres Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had no heat in our room when there were freeze warnings outside. We were so cold and unable to sleep. When I called to make a reservation I was told we could watch tv in the main house, but we were only allowed in for breakfast the next day. All the food was served in broken/cracked dishes. When we arrived there were stickies on the screen door of the main house directing us to our room. We had to climb a steep set of wooden rickety steps and I am sure they are not built to code anymore. I was worried about my childrens safety getting to the room. When we opened the door to the room it was old and dusty. My children would not sleep in the bunk bed because they were afraid the top mattresswas going to fall down and hurt them. The rug in the room was stained and so dirty. The play yard had a chair swing that was all rusted and ready to break. The play houses were filled with dirt, dust and I believe cat urine. The cats at the farm seemed sick. Two kittens were trying to regurgitate in front of us. I have never experienced anything like this at a farm bed and breakfast in the Amish Country.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank imagine1016

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stay in aug 2010 and liked it so much we are going again this month (sept 2011). Our kids loved the cats and had loads to play with outside. The breakfast was enormous and very good. We usual camp in a tent so found this to be luxury in comparison. Great value for a family stay. Anyone who rates it poory myst be spoilt staying in 5 star accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicky S
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My daughter and I had to exchange students with us for the month of July. We wanted to show them how warm and friendly the USA could be. We thought a Bed and Breakfast and tour of Lancaster would do just that, and it did! We could not have picked nicer hosts! The Millers are wonderful, very charming and have great ideas for a tour. They gave us ideas of fun and interesting things to do. Then... Breakfast... so delicious! After breakfast, out to visit the animals and to watch the goat do tricks for pancakes. It was a wonderful trip!

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 23 July 2011

After reading all the reviews I was hesitant about staying here! I am so glad I got to experience staying here! The Millers were excellent host! It is definitly the place to stay if you have children! It was well worth the $110.00 we paid a night.

DONT BELEIVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!

2  Thank cgmccall
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The owners were so helpful. We were interested in the Amish and the owners arranged for us to eat dinner with an Amish family. We had the biggest farm breadfast's each day. They even fixed us dessert for breakfast. It was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra54211
Reviewed 11 July 2011

There are some very unfair reviews of this property on this site - Some people have unrealistic expectations of how luxurious a working farmhouse in rural Pennsylvania should be. First of all, you're paying $110 per night for a family of four - and that includes a hearty, delicious breakfast plus all the entertainment that a farm provides - feeding the donkey, the goats, the sheep - collecting eggs - catching fireflies with new friends - taking a hay ride. Sure the decor is a little dated and the shower isn't the most powerful but it is clean and the setting and food and company more than make up for those luxuries that I didn't mind foregoing for this thoroughly enjoyable experience.

4  Thank tvguytravels
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Our extended family of 13 spent two nights here. We had 7 little boys in our group and they had a FABULOUS time playing on the trampoline, feeding the animals, playing with the kittens, riding in the wagon for a hayride, and playing in the play houses. The breakfast was abundant and good, right at 8:00 a.m. (not before and not after 8:00 a.m. per Mrs. Miller). Unfortunately the rooms and bathrooms are quite small and there is a lot of knick knack clutter occupying any available space and collecting dust. It kind of reminded me of grandma's house to the point of excess. The house was built in the mid-1800s, so what would one expect? However, it was a good place to make some memories, expecially if you're accustomed to camping and don't mind being a bit rustic.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
The Olde Square Inn
The Olde Square Inn
#1 of 10 in Mount Joy

Been to Green Acres Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!