“Loved our first trip and going again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Joy
Green Acres Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Clementon, New Jersey, United States
“Loved our first trip and going again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I love to experience B&B when we travel. Now with a 3 year old its hard to find ones that are family or kid "friendly"...We were visiting my husband's family who lives in the Mt. Joy/Lancaster area. Green Acres Farm B&B was the perfect solution. Our first visit was President's Day weekend 2012. We enjoyed the friendliness of Yvonne and Wayne. It turns out that they knew my husband's family from many years ago. Although it was February, my son had a great time feeding the animals, watching Bully the Billy goat slide down the slide. Also, he had his first experience in picking eggs right from the hen house. Even though it was winter, we took short hay rides which were beautiful. The breakfasts I can't even begin to describe. Just make sure you take your appetite. No the rooms aren't very big, but I don't expect to spend large amounts of time there. The home may be cluttered, but it feels like that - a home. There is no television, but I didn't go there to sit in front of the tube. Yes, they farm cats/kittens who live outside, but they are adoptable and we brought home a new member of the family who is now best pals with our New Foundland dog. Yvonne was great in giving us some suggestions about what to do and places to eat. We found a gem of a restaurant just a few miles away. We loved it so much we suggested it to my husband's siblings and parents as a getaway weekend during our family reunion get together. We are going again in Aug (the last weekend) with the family. We are looking forward to meeting Yvonne and Wayne again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rafosmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

The MIllers are absoluetly wonderful people with deep family values and a genuine caring way for others. My wife, two children and myself could not have asked for a nicer place to stay. All four of us absolutely loved the farm and the animals, hay ride, etc. This is a slice of heaven and we found it difficult to go out for the day as we enjoyed the farm that much! We had breakfast with folks that have been going there for ten years now and there is no doubt that we will join them. The Millers gave us a map and showed us all of that back road stuff that we were not aware of.

Now that we are back in CT we are looking at the photos of the farm and really missing it. The four of us had an awesome time with great people and we cannot wait to see the MIllers again!
Thank you Yvonne and Wayne for making our stay in Lancaster unforgetable. We have very fond memories that I know will last a lifetime. I simply cannot express in words how happy the children were with the whole farm experience.

PS: We will send you a picture of kitty and the kids...

Nick, Kim, Ryan and Katie

Room Tip: The Victorian room had an awesome A/C unit. We were freezing and I had to turn it down in the middle...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nick M
St Johns, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was our first visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Millers are great hosts and very accommodating. Yvonne spent time with us to help map out our visit to Amish country and were excellent recommendations. The breakfast is out of this world, like grandma's house. The kids enjoyed the morning gathering of eggs with Mr Miller as well as feeding the animals. The hay ride was a nice and unexpected pleasure through the countryside. If you are looking for luxury, go to a five star hotel but if you are looking for a nice bed and breakfast with a family atmosphere and very nice hosts then this is your place.

We will definitely go back if we come this way again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SJZaiter
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I planned this trip with several objectives in mind: 1) Stay on a farm and have the kids take part in "farm activities/chores"; 2) Learn more about the Amish; and 3) Go to Dutch Wonderland. I chose Green Acres because they appeared to have a lot of farm animals and activities for the kids.

First, the animals and farm: They have a donkey, a goat, several sheep and chickens. The animals stayed in their enclosure the entire time. (The goat will, often times, climb a platform and slide down a slide--cute!) The kids collected eggs in the morning, and then Mr. Miller fed the animals. That's about it for the farm chores. Mr. Miller also took everyone for a hay ride which gave us a pretty view of the countryside. There were kittens running around the farm, which my daughters loved. (Several, however, were very ill...one even ended up dying.)

Second, the kids' activities: There were a lot of kids' activities, including two playhouses, swing sets, a tricycle, a trampoline (which was a little sketchy) and several wooden toys inside. If nothing else, the kids had a blast!

Next, the B&B: The inside of the B&B was decorated in a country motif (it kind of reminded me of my grandmother's house). My husband and I thought it had a certain charm to it. The rooms were adequate. We had a queen bed, and the girls had a bunk bed to sleep in. They thought that was pretty cool! Make sure to ask for railings on the bunk bed, because they were not built with any, and it didn't appear that they had enough for every bunk bed in the B&B. (Also sketchy.) The Millers were great cooks. The breakfast feast was plentiful and very yummy! Although the Millers were hospitable most times, they seemed to be inconvenienced by their guests at other times.

Bottom line: Although we enjoyed our trip--especially the girls--we probably wouldn't go back because: 1) There weren't enough farm activities; 2) There were some dangerous aspects of the farm and B&B; 3) It was a little too far-removed from the activities that we wanted to take part in (Dutch Wonderland, visiting Bird-in-Hand/Lancaster/etc.). I would definitely not recommend staying here if you do not have kids.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank luvtotravel007
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had no heat in our room when there were freeze warnings outside. We were so cold and unable to sleep. When I called to make a reservation I was told we could watch tv in the main house, but we were only allowed in for breakfast the next day. All the food was served in broken/cracked dishes. When we arrived there were stickies on the screen door of the main house directing us to our room. We had to climb a steep set of wooden rickety steps and I am sure they are not built to code anymore. I was worried about my childrens safety getting to the room. When we opened the door to the room it was old and dusty. My children would not sleep in the bunk bed because they were afraid the top mattresswas going to fall down and hurt them. The rug in the room was stained and so dirty. The play yard had a chair swing that was all rusted and ready to break. The play houses were filled with dirt, dust and I believe cat urine. The cats at the farm seemed sick. Two kittens were trying to regurgitate in front of us. I have never experienced anything like this at a farm bed and breakfast in the Amish Country.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank imagine1016
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stay in aug 2010 and liked it so much we are going again this month (sept 2011). Our kids loved the cats and had loads to play with outside. The breakfast was enormous and very good. We usual camp in a tent so found this to be luxury in comparison. Great value for a family stay. Anyone who rates it poory myst be spoilt staying in 5 star accommodation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicky S
Pitman, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

My daughter and I had to exchange students with us for the month of July. We wanted to show them how warm and friendly the USA could be. We thought a Bed and Breakfast and tour of Lancaster would do just that, and it did! We could not have picked nicer hosts! The Millers are wonderful, very charming and have great ideas for a tour. They gave us ideas of fun and interesting things to do. Then... Breakfast... so delicious! After breakfast, out to visit the animals and to watch the goat do tricks for pancakes. It was a wonderful trip!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 7 in Manheim
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster

Been to Green Acres Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!