“Nice setting, bad food.”

Cameron Estate Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Mount Joy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Paciano, Italy
“Nice setting, bad food.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The setting is lovely, but the service and the food are sub-par. Sides were not fresh (frozen) the palate cleanser was tasteless and the pork was too dry (even with the little sauce served with it) to eat.

The other meal I had there, the short rib, was HUGE and unmanageable as well as dry. How you get a braised piece of meat to be dry, I'm not sure. Also, the bbq sauce was cloyingly sweet.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paciano12

Matawan, New Jersey
“It was a nice dinner.”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I were staying in the area and decided to have dinner at Cameron Estates. The grounds of the inn were absolutely gorgeous, the dinning views were also amazing. The decor in the dining room was average at best.

The service was a 3 at best. The waitress was a little ditzy, we had to ask for bread, ask her to clear the glasses, and she was not attentive at all considering there were only 4 tables full.

The food was good. I ordered my steak medium and it came out very rare. I sent it back and it cam back medium rare. I ate it because by then my husband was almost done with his dinner. The asparagus was absolutely yummy. Our salads were both very good.

All and all it was a nice dinner. Nothing bad, nothing great.

• Visited May 2013
Port Richey, Florida
“Sat. evening Dinner at the Inn”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Wonderful dinner, with the best cheesecake ever! The Inn just beautiful and the service fine with gorgeous views from the porches!

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money.”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I went to the estate just for dinner. Our first date since having our second child. We should have went somewhere else. We chose the 5 course prefixed where you can choose any salad, entree and dessert but not the soup and sorbet after your salad. This was a nice sampling of what they had to offer. Soup was good. The Cameron Estate salad was okay but all you tasted was the blueberry dressing and nothing else. My husband's Caesar salad was excellent. We were given bread with our soups and it was a joke. It looked like they took one roll and cut it into 5 slices that were hard like croutons before we received it. Luckily we could ask for more because I needed it to fill up my belly for the entree. My husband ordered the filet and crab cake. Filet was cooked well but the crab cake was brunt on the bottom and he couldn't eat it. The presentation of both entrees was terrible. On an undersized plate on a lump of potatoes surrounded by kale and red peppers. Terrible. My dish (which was more expensive than my husband's) was a the lamb chop. I received the same presentation but only ONE lamb chop standing straight up. I could not believe I paid $32 for ONE lamb chop. Let me say that again ONE SMALL lamb chop. It was so encrusted with black peppercorns that you couldn't take the meat only pepper. The pepper got on everything else and my breath was on fire for the rest of the night. I would save you fine dining experience for somewhere else. Food below par, service okay, atmosphere is stuffy, scenery is nice.

1 Thank Mathlaw
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice restaurant based on Easter Lunch only (so far)”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Three of us had the five course Easter meal, so although we would go back and may update the review at that point. Prices for the five-course ranged from $35 for the vegetarian to $49 for the beef tenderloin. We were seated in the outdoor (heater) porch in a great corner table with a great view. This a major selling point of the restaurant. The service was very friendly but lacked in high end restaurant polish, especially when it came to handling the wines. The wine list was not extensive and tended to have the best options in the middle range ($40-ish bottles) and there is a large and interesting list of martinis and champagne-based cocktails. We all had different items and, with one exception, all of the courses were very good. The exception, which ironically was recommended by our waitress, was a chocolate strawberry "trifle" which came in a champagne flute. The once presumably molten chocolate had been frozen and were afraid we were going to break the glass trying to spoon the mixture out onto a bread plate. We would come again. It is a scenic ride and a very pretty Inn that looks to do lots of outdoor weddings in the warmer weather. 40 minutes from Harrisburg.

• Visited March 2013