“Crying on my wedding day”

Cameron Estate Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Mount Joy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
lancaster
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crying on my wedding day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

We had little problem, with the food. The way we were treated was not acceptable. The owner is nasty and all my vendors complained about her. She failed to answer simple questions about her business. My family and I caught her in more than one lie. It is very disheartening to be promised items on your wedding day and never receive them. I mean you are paying thousands of dollars! She should not be in a business where she associates with people because she has no social skills, quailities or tact. If you do not want to be unhappy on your wedding day, try to find a new place to tie the knot.

1 Thank sejump24

Sacramento, California
“Meal to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2006

we were staying at the inn and invited our nephew and his wife to dine with us at the restaurant. He lives in the area and because we live on the West Coast we haven't spent time with him in seven years.

The restaurant was a lovely place to visit. We ate in a glassed in area over looking the estate. We told them it was a special occassion for us and they did everything they could to ensure our evening's success. The music was soft and beautiful--adding to the ambiance without interfering with table conversation. The fall leaves and color enveloped us in our corner table. All the natural beauty as if eating outside yet comfortably inside The waitress was personable, knowledgeable, and attentive to our every need. During the course of the evening we were able to chat with both the innkeepers as one helped us with our wine selections and another helped us choose our desserts.

The late afternoon sky dissappeared into darkness as we took a leisurely time to enjoy our six course meal. Because we had quite a few years to catch up on, we lingered for an hour or more over dessert and coffee. We were never rushed and felt that the table was ours for the evening. The food was superb. Prepared with creativity and exactly to our specifications. The evening only ended because my nephew had to get the sitter home because it was a school night.

My nephew and his wife were so enchanted with the restaurant that they plan to bring their in-laws there for a special evening. I feel certain they will find that evening as inviting and satisfying as we found ours. It was definitely an evening to remember and a celebration of taste and family. Definitely a place to share with someone you love.

51 Thank designer51
CT
“Not living up to its prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

My teen daughter and I ate here on a recent Sat evening. We travel frequently including NYC and were hoping for a more fine dining experience rather than country buffet, PA Dutch food. The menu and wine list were promising, and salad fresh. I ordered a Filet of Beef/ Crab tart (medium rare) and my daughter order the flank steak (medium). After waiting over an hour (and we were the first to be seated that evening) our entrees arrived (mine medium well to well done, and my daughters medium well). I picked at the crab tart while waiting for our waitress (too many tables for one waitress) to reappear). I returned the platter, she apologized, and we again waited. My daughter finished hers because she was too hungry to return hers, and she finished it before mine came back out, replated on the same plate with a now soggy, tough crab tart, and it was medium, not medium rare which I pointed out to the waitress but ate anyway. We shared a cheescake, perfectly fine if not stellar, and i had a cappacino which the waitress had to check because she wasn't sure if they made them! Our bill for two glasses on wine, one soda, one cappacino two salads (one house one upgrade), one cheesecake and two overcooked pieces of beef was $100. No apology from managemnt no complimentary drink or dessert. When I described our meal to my husband, he said "Well you were in Lancaster" To which my response would be "A piece of beef is a basic, and they had no problem charging NY prices". It was two hours from glass of wine to check. I could not recommend this to those expecting a fine evening out.

8 Thank yankeemom
Lancaster, PA
“On a down-hill slide”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2006

Every time I go back it gets a little worse. It is unfortunate because it used to be a fine dining experience. Now, it seems as though they are losing restaurant business so they are trying to make up for lost revenues by increasing prices, cutting down on quality and serving drinks that are small enough to make you laugh out loud.

I really hate to see this kind of deterioration in a restaurant. Particularly one that used to be good. But it appears that they now have adopted a business philosophy that focuses on "preying" on their overnight guests. They just don't seem to make an effort to develop a local customer base. There is a definite "take it or leave it" attitude here. One might conclude that management has no concept of customer service or the importance of customer satisfaction.

I suppose for those of you who don't know what it used to be, you will be happy with the mediocre food, labored service and absentee management (I don't know where he goes, but he sure doesn't like interaction with the customers).

For those of us who remember the good old days, except for the first class atmosphere, this is a very disappointing place.

4 Thank Runamuck