“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Recently attended a wedding rehearsal dinner at the Catacombs.
The wait staff was courteous/prompt, food was excellent (Appetizer-Shrimp cocktail; Entree-NY Strip grilled perfectly, etc.) and ambiance was unique but nice. (Candles lined the limestone walls of the "catacombs" and on the dressed tables were pewter plates/utensils, which added "historical" charm.)
The only complaint was from an older family member who found the long stairway down to the Catacombs, a real challenge. An elevator would have been perfect, but I realize the limitations with a historical structure. I also understand that the bar/grill upstairs has a different, more basic menu.
Based upon my experience, I highly recommend the Catacombs. Will definitely visit again when we are in the area.

3  Thank tarheeltraveler61

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Went to a feast with my family after hearing such great reviews in the past. The price was a little on the high side. The food was buffet style and not very good. The show itself was just ok. Nothing spectacular and not what we expected.

6  Thank Arthur P
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have a voucher I got for Christmas for a Feast. Called to use the voucher and was told "they are at capacity for vouchers" and I can't use the voucher. I asked for them to show me where it states this on the voucher and/or on the website. I was told its "their policy". Please explain to me how this is fair? I will not go to Bube's ever again or recommend anyone to go there. Poor customer service.

9  Thank HEATHER F
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently went to dinner at this establishment and should have left when I saw the waiter, who looked ( and smelled ) like he had not taken a shower in a week . The service was slow, and the food was awful. My meat was cold and I sent it back to be reheated and it was still cold and tasted like it was old. It looked like someone picked up a handful of old meat and put it on my plate . I spilled a drink and the bus boy gave me a roll of paper towels to clean the table . When I tried to discuss this with the manager she was very defensive and told me that it only took 24 minutes from the time that my food was ordered until the time that we were served . ( She would not listen to the fact that she was not calculating the 20 minutes that it took to place the order and the 20 minutes that it took to wait for the food to be reheated ) and that I did not know what I was talking about, the meat was fine . When I complained to the manager I was told that the bus boy was only 18 and I should over look the fact that he gave me the towels to clean up the spill .

Overall I would say that they need a management team that understands how to run a restaurant and how important customer service is I think that since they are the only place in town, they assume that there will always be customers. My review is that you should drive a few extra minutes to a restaurant that has good service, good food and cares about their customers

5  Thank beth t
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went for the roman feast .i have never had such bad food.the salad was horrible it was cesar salad with fish.everyone complained.n dinner was bad to pork with bbq sauce n tomatoes ..horrible food.paid 45 a plate n i ate betterat burger king.there where children there and the ppl serving where overly sexual n didnt think bout those kids..they also go around trying to give back rubs n poor hot wax on you for money..they come n rub on you then say it will only cost u 20 bucks.ive nevet been so horrified by thesr ppls actions n food was the worste ever.i will not b going back.everr...

10  Thank dorothy o