“Friendly, quiet, and CLEAN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Joy
Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Aldie, Virginia
“Friendly, quiet, and CLEAN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

Stayed here for two nights in April 2011 in the Sylvan Room. The room was small but very cozy and comfy. Lots of nice little touches in the room to make it homey. The room, and the bathroom in particular, were so clean! I could not find a speck of dust or grime anywhere. No hairs, dirt, nada. You could have eaten off any surface in that bathroom. I've seen 5-star hotels w/ more grime in the hidden corners. Wow. Lovely view of a nice creek and adjacent farm from our room. Cookies and candy set out for guests in the dining area. Code provided to access the front door, so it was easy to come and go late. Very lovely bedding and towels, so soft and had a wonderful, clean scent. Nice lending library of books upstairs.

Breakfast was hearty and good, nothing fancy but just good home cooking, and lots of it. Served at 0830 sharp. Over the two mornings we were there, we had bacon, eggs, pancakes (apple and choco chip), ham, broiled grapefruit (wonderful), hash browns, home fries, coffee, tea, OJ, and some nice cherry crepe type things.

Very nice, friendly family run business. The owners provide menus for local restaurants and lots of tips and directions. Gary recommended Mosby's Pub for dinner and we enjoyed it, very nice local atmosphere. The farmhouse is a bit out of the way for all the Amish country attractions, but it felt very un-touristy and that was nice in contrast to the kitschy Amish-themed low-rise motels.

Staying here reminded me of the family-run pensions in Europe I've stayed at. Just a nice place that felt like staying with relatives, except with a much cleaner bathroom.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HCS

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

We stayed two nights in the Davis Suite, while visiting family in Mount Joy, PA. This suite is located upstairs in the main farmhouse, but the B&B also offers cabins if you prefer more privacy. Our bedroom featured a beautiful, comfortable, four poster queen bed with fine linens; a full bath; and a TV with Direct TV. The adjoining room contained two twin beds and a large closet . We loved having the second room to spread out our luggage. The rooms have all the expected B&B amenities such as bathrobes, shampoo, lotion, shower caps, etc. This B&B is very clean. It is located in the beautiful Lancaster farming countryside, so you see lots of cows, horses, etc. The atmosphere is peaceful, and there are beautiful flowers everywhere. Ann and Gary are very kind, caring, and helpful. We feel this B&B offers a lot for the money, since the two-room suite was only $110.00 a night. We would like to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2DogLovers
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed four nights and loved every minute of it. Gary and Ann are wonderful hosts and Ann's breakfasts were amazing--she even filled up our teenage boys. The rooms were spotless, spacious, and very comfortable. This was our first stay at a B&B and we have decided this is the way to go. We enjoyed the nighttime chats outside and watching the fireflies. Thank you Ann & Gary. Next time we're in Pennsylvania Dutch country we're staying with you!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2007

Great place for the price. I wanted something a bit different then a hotel chain. This was my first time staying at a B and B. So I had no idea what to expect. I liked the solitude of the setting of the b and b. Nice amish setting overlooking farms. The smell was wonderful in the b and b and nice in the room. Nice airfreshner /candle smell Our room-one of the smaller ones was nice, Bathroom was clean and full of travel stuff. The room even had books inside it. Very nice quilt on the bed. No TV or phone which I liked. The things that I did not like:Bathroom a bit outdated 70's look, yet looked refurbished and a decent size,The water pressure and the idea that I might run out of hot water while showering bothered me, my advice is try and shower before anyone else in the b and b does .From our room you could smell the kitchen when breakfast was being made. I am not chatty at breakfast and did not like the idea of almost mandatory conversation with strangers especially before my 4th cup of coffee. That is one of the reasons we left the next morning without having breakfast-I did not feel friendly. Turns out another couple also left that morning without having breakfast-I wonder if they felt the same way. The food the first day was simple but plentiful-eggs, bacon, and potatos, oj, and coffee there was also the option having cereal, coffee was great. Hosts are extemely nice and accomodating. I just wished there was a to go option on the breakfast. Especially since it is included in the price. Yet there was not a to go option. We ended up at a local McDonalds having mcmuffins. Also they say no children under 10 on their website yet I am pretty sure we had a younger child 7 or 8 sitting next to us which I did not enjoy. My husband and I are newly weds, it made things and converation VERY awkward for us.

• Liked — The Location and the B and B owners
  • Disliked — The idea hot water might run out, no to go options when it came to breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2004

My bf and I stayed here for a nite at their David's suite. Bathroom was brand new which was the best part. The room was really cute and comfortable. it had a beautiful surrounding but this isn't the place if you want to experience the farm life.
Very relaxing atmosphere with a little river running behind the house. Breakfast was really good. She made us some fruit salad, ham steak and delicious cream cheese filled french toast. It wasn't the usual cold cereal and milk.
only negative thing was that i had to take a cold shower. I must have used up all their hot water or something but there was no hot water for awhile.
overall a charming place to stay.

1 Thank Mkim1206
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2003

Staying at Hillside Farm B & B is like paradise...the cottages as well as the grounds are beautiful...it is very peaceful and relaxing...the breakfasts made by Deb are delicious...it is a place where I will definitely return to...

• Stayed August 2003
#2 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Been to Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!