“beautiful b&b in the country”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Joy
Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently took a short trip to relax for a couple of days... he picked The Stable, a cottage on the property. It was immaculate and trust me, I am particular about cleanliness.
Ann gave great recommendations for dining and activities since neither one of us had ever been to the Lancaster area. She is a fantastic hostess.... on our second night there a storm that knocked out the power. Ann pulled off a miracle by cooking a scrumptious breakfast on the gas grill. Unbelievable!
Between the fabulous breakfasts, great hospitality, and cleanliness you cannot go wrong.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank little_eller
Gary L, Owner at Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We love what we do so its easy to give our guests a good experience. Good food is important to us at Hillside Farm and we strive to offer our guests a tasty and plentiful breakfast. It was a pleasure meeting you both and hope you can make some time out of your busy schedule to visit again.
Again Thank you. It feels good knowing we did a good job

So sorry for the late reply.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ann & Gary are an awesome couple. If your looking for a relaxing time in a house full of history this is the place to go. We spent hours chatting with them at breakfast, not sure if the good conversation or the amazing breakfast was what kept us at the table for 3 hours but it was time well spent. Ann works hard to make your stay welcoming. There are horses on site, an Amish farm down the road that sells the best BBQ chicken and Strawberries. Anns breakfast will keep you full till dinner, and Gary...well he was an excellent waiter! There is no doubt that we will be heading back (actually within 2 months). Their home is filled with unique antiques, Gary has a large collection of milk glasses and old glass baby bottles....how cool. At night, sit out on the front porce and listen to Gary tell some of the funniest stories from their B&B experiences. Make sure you tell Ann that she needs to create a cook book with her FAMOUS recipes....the eggs and hasbrowns are to die for! Oh yeah and the peach dessert (THEY ARE FRESH PEACHES, not canned!) yummmmmm!

Room Tip: The Loft was on the thrid floor, extremly quite, clean large room with private bath. fire place and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arcelayfamily
Gary L, Manager at Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for all your pointers and compliments.
We are hoping you visit again soon. I remember you were hoping to bring your daughter. We are counting on meeting her. We must apologize for the lateness of this reply but still felt we needed to acknowledge your kindness and Thank you for the time spent reviewing us.
Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My fiance and I took a trip to PA with my cousin and his wife just for a relaxing weekend getaway. This was my first experience at a B&B and I have to say it was such a great experience. The owners Ann and Gary were very welcoming and friendly. We felt right at home. We sat and chatted for hours as the time went by and didn't even realize it.They are very down to earth and it felt like we had known them for years. They were able to recommend some really great places around town and an excellent choice for our dinner reservations at Catacombs. The rooms were very comfortable and offered many of the essentials you would need. Every morning we woke up to the amazing aroma of breakfast. Did I mention great cook? They gave us a tour of the grounds and other cottages. This was an excellent place and I would definitely return for another weekend. A place I would recommend to everyone

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelly M

It's good to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. It really was alot of fun for us as well.
How did your bf enjoy the recipe you were planning to make for him?
Hope all of you visit again and Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge us and for all your kind words. It is appreciated
Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway with our two closest friends. From the moment I walked up the driveway, it was a wondeful experience. I instantly felt at home. Another thing I liked about it was that the hosts weren't overly nosy about why we were there or what we were doing, but simply politely asked about our plans and went about their way. The room was very well decorated and clean, the beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. The amenities offered were very nice as well, including shampoo, toothpaste, and water bottles. It was a very quiet and relaxing night. The next morning, we awoke to the smell of bacon and went downstairs to find a DELICIOUS spread of food. The owners were VERY friendly and talked to us throughout breakfast, and the ricotta pancakes were the best pancakes I've ever had. The owners also gave us a tour of the property and their other cottages they rent out. It was a wonderful experience, and I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone!

Room Tip: we stayed in the second floor room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becca G
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed at Hillside Farm overnight for our ten year wedding anniversary. We loved everything about this place! The owners are friendly and chatty, just very down to earth folks that you feel like you have known forever after just talking to them for the first time. We stayed in the Chicken Coop cottage that was quaint, charming, IMMACULATE, and full of cute little touches throughout. I especially fell in love with the re-purposed barn door that used to be on the original chicken coop...and am trying to figure out where to install one of my own in my house!

The breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious. You can tell that Ann puts a lot of love in her cooking. Eggs, potatoes, ham, and the to-die-for French Toast kept us full most of the day. We were sad to head back to reality after just one night spent at Hillside and hope to get back very soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AprilDuo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I and his sister and her husband stayed in the Davis room for 2 nights Sept 14 &15, 2013, so the value was great. The only drawback might be that the couple who stays in the twin beds has to come through the main bedroom to go to the bathroom, but it was fine for us. If we had been sharing a room in a hotel, we would have been hearing each others every movement. as well as paying much more. We stayed in 5 B&B's this trip and Hillside Farm's was the only breakfast served family style. All other B&B's served plated food to us so we could not pick and choose like we could here. It was one of the best, freshest, and most plentiful we had, including homemade baked goods. Some foods included were ricotta pancakes, fried potatoes, an outstanding apple dish and an even better pear dish, fresh fruit, bacon, stuffed french toast, and lots more that I have forgotten but were delicious. Keurig single cup coffee machine available all hours. The house is decorated with many beautiful farmhouse antiques, candles in the windows, quilts, and homey atmosphere. I personally do not like dogs, but their 3 were not offensive. There were also cats and horses on the property. Owners, Ann and Gary, were kind enough to let us have a very late check in and a late breakfast the second morning (we misunderstood the walking route and made a 4.8 mile circle! Luckily we are avid walkers - we just felt guilty for holding up breakfast). They shared so much history of the area and house, and information about their Amish neighbors and their lives. We wish that we could have spent more time with them, but we filled our first day with sightseeing and had to leave after breakfast the next morning. This is a very old farmhouse with a lot of character, so expect charm rather than decadence. There is a barn on the property so there is some farm smell outside the house. However, it is a very peaceful setting, clean home, excellent food. The owners are down-to-earth, real life, good people, who are gracious enough to open their home to others.

Room Tip: We saw the loft room too and it would be nice for a couple or party of 3.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank theresaod
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hillside B&B over Easter of 2012. We like to travel and spent 3 days at this B&B. Since we were traveling after work on a Thursday, we didn't get to the B&B until around 7:30 or so. We had phoned ahead and let Ann know. We were greeted with a friendly hello as we checked in. Coffee and cookies are always available. Being private people, we retired to our room. Our room was great. We did not have a tv in our room, but we didn't care, we brought our laptop and watched movies. Ann was kind enough to lend us some DVD's she had rented and they turned out to be a big hit with us. Breakfast was big! If you leave hungry, it's your own fault! Ann made terrific breakfasts and Gary would sit down with us and give us a nice history lesson on the area. There is very rich history and these folks know it.

Being that my husband and I have a septic system, we understand the issues that can arise, so I found no offense by the sign in the bathroom. We get it! I would stay here again. I don't like to be hovered on when I am on vacation, therefore, I am glad that they gave us peace. We left the B&B on Easter morning on 2012, leaving Ann with an Easter flower, after all, she was kind enough to rent to us on a holiday weekend. Great stay, quiet place, A+

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JL G

Been to Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!