“Great place”

The Olde Square Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This place was awesome . We loved everything about our stay. The Inn was extremely charming. There was an exceptional attention to detail applied to everything from the room down to the delicious breakfast. The Inn keeper ( Georgie ) was very gracious and inviting. We are already planning another visit. If you are planning anything in the Lancaster are ( and you should) the location is perfect. We can honestly recommend it.
Richard and Julia Jones

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
OldeSquareInn, Owner at The Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Do return to us!
We love having guests such as yourselves.
Thank you.

There are newer reviews for The Olde Square Inn

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for one night while visiting Hershey. We stayed in the the Elizabeth Anne room, which was quite nice and very clean. The fireplace gave the room a cozy, romantic feel, especially on a very cold night. The Inn itself is charming. It has a second story deck and nice side porch that looked like they would be great places to relax during the summer time. The egg's Benedict we had for breakfast was delicious (not to mention the homemade fruit crumbles)! Georgie, the innkeeper, was very friendly and gave us some great suggestions for places to eat dinner up in Hershey. We would definitely stay here again if we are ever up in the Hershey/Mt Joy area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
OldeSquareInn, Owner at The Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

We are always grateful when a guest takes the time to write a review. Our guest is the voice that gets us out there into the world and encourages others to come for the experience.
Hoping you return to us and refer us to friends and family coming to visit in the area!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

First off, the pictures do not do this B&B justice. We stayed in the Carriage House and it was beautiful, roomy, and romantic. Georgie, the innkeeper, had great suggestions for dinner and made a delicious breakfast. Highly recommend the Olde Square Inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OldeSquareInn, Owner at The Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You our guest is the one who makes a difference in the life of a Bed and Breakfast! We appreciate your blessing us with your kind words.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This newly renovated bed and breakfast was quite lovely. My husband and I stayed for two nights and it was very quiet. The breakfasts were fantastic and Georgie was so very helpful in everything we asked of her. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast in the heart of Amish country.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OldeSquareInn, Owner at The Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your graciousness and restoring my faith in people! You made my day with your kindness and generosity. You are the guest who make owning a Bed and Breakfast a great experience. These guests were here the same time, same breakfast, same inn as the "watch what you say" review was posted.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been to many B&B so I feel that I have the experience to compare one from the other.I have had wonderful experiences until I came here. I must admit there was a communication problem before we arrived. We called the owner to see if we could check in earlier being that we had to see a show at Sight and Sound. She said we could come around 3:30. We decided to check in after the show instead. She did accommodate is in this regard.
When we got there I got the feeling that the owner resented us being there but thought it was my imagination. The following morning we arrived at breakfast. Compared to other B&B"s this was the lightest fare...a small omelet, a small muffin and a slice of orange. We were with friends so we were just talking..I did get the impression they wanted us out of there. I think we were expected to eat and leave...which I guess we should have done.My friend asked for more coffee and the hostess responded in an inhospitable way. My friend said she wasn't too accommodating and well the hostess had a cow.I wish the hostess would have just said that breakfast was not to linger..we were there one hour..90 minutes before check out.Asking for more coffee was not unreasonable. especially for the price of the rooms.I have stayed in much more exquisite and classy B&B"s and never have I experienced a hostess who made you feel that you were putting her out...and I am far from a demanding person(.I notice that she has a rebuttal to every negative review and doesn't learn from them.)I just wonder if she was having a bad day and took it out on us. I f you decide to come here be sure not to ask for more coffee,,eat a fast breakfast.(..wont be hard it is not that big anyway) and whatever you do ..don't complain amount anything!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Diane305

There are almost 90 reviews and we are honored that there is a 98% rating giving very good/excellent reviews for our inn and the hospitality we provide along with an excellent breakfast which we are known for. When there is a negative review we take it to heart and ask ourselves, "could we have done something to make it different?". Whether a good or bad review we try to respond. As the guest has a voice so should the owner/innkeeper of their own business. Today's world has an instant response that can lift a business or do it an injustice. My faith was restored in the goodness, honesty and integrity of people when another review was posted after this one. These folks were here the same weekend, experiencing the same inn, same breakfast.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were a group of friends who stayed here when passing through Pennsylvania. We arrived in the afternoon and were welcomed by Georgie, the friendly inn keeper. The rooms are clean, comfortable and fairly spacious. The breakfast was ok. We had the place to ourselves as we were the only guests staying here that night, and it kind of felt as if we were staying in someone's home rather than a B&B. Keep in mind if you're staying here on a Sunday that the restaurants close early. Burbes was a cool place for dining or having a few drinks and within sobering walking distance. Altogether a nice little B&B, maybe a little bit pricey considering, but we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elingty
OldeSquareInn, Owner at The Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

This was a nice group from Norway and we did our best to make their stay an excellent one.
We are really known for our breakfast and it was disappointing to see that is was just ok especially when there were no "crumbs" left on any of the plates. The breakfast that morning was fresh fruit , juice, coffee, a waffle topped with eggs, feta cheese, tomatoes along with a little sweet treat.
Pricey? I was greatly surprised as we are in line with other B&B's if not less in price. You have a "high" end guest room, with your own private fireplace, refrigerator, wine glasses, corkscrew and lots of other little amenities that are important to our guests. These folks came here on a Sunday and there are at least six restaurants open for service on this day and they are excellent ones.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this B&B in Amish Country. I am not a fan of quilts and dolls. This house was beautifully decorated with a tasteful decor. We slept well and enjoyed the breakfast very much. Georgie is a gracious hostess

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast
Artist's Inn and Gallery
Artist's Inn and Gallery
#1 of 1 in Terre Hill

Been to The Olde Square Inn? Share your experiences!