“Take it or leave it”

Add it.
Pub Dunegal
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stopped here during our visit to Lititz two weeks ago. We had some drinks at the bar, and then dinner reservations in the dining room. The bar side is a typical dive bar. Nothing spectacular, but a better place for drinks than dinner. The dining room is a casual place. They serve pub food, but be careful if they offer specials, because they may not have everything they offer. We went for Valentine's day weekend, and saw there was an insert in the menu, offering a free dessert with the purchase of two entrees. Sounded good, except they were out of dessert. This was after my fiance ordered a shot of Jamison and they were out of that. Then, we overheard the table behind us being told they were out of the New York strip steak they ordered. A few minutes later they were being told that they actually weren't out, that they had "found some." That just sounds odd, if a little unsafe. The bangers and mash was pretty good, but my fiance's fish and chips were average. They did take two of our drinks off our bill in lieu of dessert. In their defense, there was a horrible snowstorm a couple of days before, which might account for them being out of things. I probably wouldn't go back for dinner.

1  Thank Lindsay J

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I love this place for fresh food. They buy local and always serve creative dishes. I love going here in the summer when we can eat on the patio.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Took the family in Friday night after we couldn't get a table at Mosbys. Host, and server were great and went out of there way to welcome us. I got the bangers and mash,wife had steak sandwich. Bangers were the worst I've ever had wife's steak sandwich was over cooked. Only saving grace was the little one loved the sausage her father didn't. Every time they cleaned something in the kitchen a chlorine smell drifts into the dining area. All this said I still like this place. Bar is cool and I like the idea of a green menu which is why I scored them so high.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great little bar that makes a great effort to use grass fed local meet and local cheeses and veggies!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We came here on a night several months ago and really didn't have a great experience. The food was only so so (disappointing after reading the reviews) and the service was highly lacking. It appeared that they were either very disoriented or short staffed. Either way, it led to quite a hectic dinner.

We came back with friends thinking maybe we just hit the place on an off night. The story was much the same. My steak seemed to be over cooked an more fat than meat. The pub style food was ok but anything that might take a little extra time was not.

The service on our second trip was about the same as the first. Again, very disorganized. Unfortunately for this pub, Mount Joy has a number of other selections to choose from that seemed to have better food and service therefore I don't think we will go back and find out if a third time is the charm.