“Believe the bad review! The good ones must be from owner.”

Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 10 May 2014

To start the young lady behind the counter was a sweetheart and was probably the best part of the hotel. The bed was so uncomfortable and squeaky. I had to shut the air conditioner off cuz of how noisy it was Which then led me to see we also had a noisy minifridge. 2 towels in the room???? Anyone traveling with a female knows they need 2 alone. Hot tub was nice probably 2nd best thing. The indoor pool was dirty and so hot inside it felt like a sauna. The hot tub next to pool wasn't working. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired waffles cereal hard boiled eggs and microwave bacon. Would have been a great experience if it was $79 a night but I spent $280 for 2 nights and I will never be back

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Hamhustla
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel M, Mount Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. First of all, you can be assured that all reviews about our hotel come from all of our guests. We do not solicit positive reviews. Regardless it's a good or bad review, we take all of them into account. We firmly believe that in order to improve our services and please our guests, we should adopt and listen to what our customers have to say. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies.

We will make sure to address the problems with the beds, air conditioner, minifridge and the rest of the amenities so that on your next stay, you won't have the same experience.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may be given a chance to provide you with a superior experience.

There are newer reviews for Hotel M, Mount Pocono

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Starting from the day BEFORE we checked in, I had a pleasant experience with this hotel. I didn't think I was going to be able to make my trip to PA for a Sweet 16 party, so I called the day before. After learning of their 3 day notice cancellation requirement, I asked that if I could not make it would I be able to have another family member use the room since at this point I would be charged anyway. I spoke to Fallon and she was very pleasant and a complete sweetheart. I was able to assign another name to my room just in case.
Luckily, I was able to make the trip and despite having a great experience with Fallon over the phone, I was a little nervous of what to expect after having read so many bad reviews. From the second we walked in I was put at ease. This hotel is VERY clean and smells wonderful. Both Fallon and the other rep checked both myself and my brother into our respective rooms smoothly and with very pleasant conversation to go along with it.
The rooms were not at all what I'd expected. SO much better. I've stayed in some real dumps for a lot more money. These rooms are big and airy and very clean. My bed was extremely comfortable. A/C worked great and we also both had fridges in the room. Nice TV's and all the other amenities you'd expect to see. The only thing I hope they upgrade are the curtains. Blackout curtains would have been nice when I was still trying to sleep early in the AM. Oh and let me not forget to mention the FREE Wi-Fi (which worked great and you didn't need a pesky PW to get in) and FREE continental breakfast...which included bacon? Never saw any bacon included in a continental breakfast, so that woke me up from my previous late night sleep walk. I wanted to eat in my room but couldn't manage to carry the goods (a homemade waffle which was prepared for me by the friendly lady attending the breakfast area, wheat toast, bacon and coffee) back to my room and manage to use the key card while holding all that so that friendly lady (I later found out her name is Hema) walked me to my room and let me in. Yeah, THAT'S never happened before either in a budget hotel. I just can't say enough great things about this place. I'm still shaking my head over some of the reviews.
Oh, and they have a little business center in front as well with two computers, so those of us living under rocks without smart phones and laptops.
One thing really funny...my brother was looking for the ice machine on the first floor and after having gone all the way to the opposite end of the corridor with no luck he came back and the vending area was 10 steps from the sign which indicates (with an arrow) that the vending area was the opposite way. We got a real kick out of that. Funny instead of annoying because we were so pleased with the hotel. I guess you had to be there.
I wouldn't consider staying anyplace else in this area next time around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa L

You have our heartfelt thanks for choosing Hotel M, Mt Pocono and for your wonderful review.

We are tremendously pleased that you have had a blast during your stay. We thank you for being very detailed in your review and for noticing how clean and well maintained our rooms and facilities are. Positive reviews such as yours propel us to reach for even greater heights. You can be assured that we will even work harder and continue with our best practices so that you will enjoy your next stay even more.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Me & my bf stayed 1 night, wanted a hotel near Mount Airy Casino. I called, asked for the non-smoking king room with the heart shaped hot tub.. booked in minutes, such a nice girl on the phone. arrived to check-In - desk girl was sooo nice! checked into room 142 - super clean .. I am the type of person to bring my own blankets, Lysol wipes, & bleach to clean surfaces n the bathroom lol I didn't even feel like I needed 2! the heart shaped tub was spotless - shower clean .. bed was so comfy .. plenty of towels. lots of channels on the TV & it was so quiet & the parking lot was packed. we had an awesome an experience .. next time we go to mt airy casino we plan on staying here! I really didn't see any of the things people complained about .. maybe they could do some updates but I was more than pleased! no lie- the reviews scared me! but so glad I went! we'll be back! check out was so nice in the morning, everyone was so polite!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank CandNnj

It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests and we are pleased to hear that we were able to deliver during your stay. We are very transparent and open to any feedback and opinions that our guests may have. We take these as positive criticisms that will help propel us to serve you even better. Regardless of a positive or a negative review, all of them from our customers. We take pride in the quality of service that we provide and the amenities we have for our guests.

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is terrible. We booked it because websites said there was a jacuzzi. Pictures show a jacuzzi. When we got to hotel, we were told jacuzzi has been broken for THREE YEARS. Hotel said it had rooms with jacuzzis. We requested an upgrade, but was told by the front desk that it's $20 more. Asked to speak to the manager via telephone who then told me it was $40 more. After I told her it was $20, she back-peddled. In any case, the jacuzzi room only had one bed, and we had our son with us so we couldn't use it. The pool area was disgusting. The floor was filthy. Looked like bird poop in some spots. Rusted poles. Cracking paint around the entire pool. (Water was very warm though.) In our room, the staff left 2 towels (there were 3 of us). We had to request an immediate change of sheets as our beds looked like they were slept in. I picked up the small bottle of lotion on the bathroom sink, and it had caked on over-flow. Disgusting. We were provided one tiny shampoo, so I was back to the front desk. Then, the screaming started outside. Cursing and yelling patrons with police cruisers to follow. Trying to sleep was impossible. Pillows were filthy. Some were small, square-sized pillows. When the staff understood us, they did oblige our requests for more towels, shampoo, new sheets, etc. But, manager was rude and unobliging. Forget requesting a refund for any portion of your bill. They do not care that they show a jacuzzi on their websites or that the place is really dirty. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank carolfriz
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel M, Mount Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

It is disheartening to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. You can be assured that we will give each of your comments our due attention.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the difference in the information posted online and the actual amenities and services provided by our establishment. Have no doubt that we will take this matter seriously and will have our hotel's online information kept up to date.

We truly regret that what you experienced did not reflect in any way our standards. Your comments on the state of the room and the pool will be shared with the head of housekeeping for proper investigation. Of paramount importance to us is guest satisfaction, hence, it is imperative that our rooms and all other areas of our establishment be spotlessly clean.

We are sorry, but we do not have control over how our guests behave. Even five star hotels have their share of disorderly guests. What we can do to in order not to compromise the safety of our staff and our guests is to call the proper authorities for assistance.

We thank you for mentioning that our staff were able to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here March 14th and let me tell you it was GREAT. I had a smoking room with a king sized bed. I was very pleased. The room was spotless and didn't even smell of smoke. The front desk clerk was lovely and very friendly to me. Her name was Fallon. THANK YOU FOR HAVING SUCH CHEAP RATES AND LOVELY STAFF.

Room Tip: Ask for Fallon. She is lovely and VERY nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel M, Mount Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Marcy L,

We are always excited to hear about the great experience of our valued guests in our Hotel. It is good to know that our accommodations were more than what you’ve expected for. Our staff especially Fallon will be more inspired to know that their efficiency in delivering excellent services were acknowledged and much appreciated. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

No idea why people are writing bad review, have stayed there a couple of times, rooms are clean, staff is pleasant and never had a issue. The pool is warm, breakfast is hot. I have stayed at worst hotels, this hotel is family friendly. In my opinion reviews for this hotel are really out of control, the hotel is clean and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel M, Mount Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear mark G,

Thank you for being a valued customer and for continuously choosing to stay at our Hotel. We are glad to know that you are always comfortable and satisfied every time you visit us. Your feedback encourages us more to deliver services that will continuously enhance positive customer experience. We would like to thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The people doing these reviews definitely scared me but we needed one night at a cheap hotel so we decided to try it. It was a decent hotel for the price. If you're expecting the Hilton this is not the place for you. Go to the Hilton then and pay double. If you want a place to crash at a reasonable price come here. The room was spotless, the room had a nice flat screen TV and the pool was warm and clean. If you are a picky person it may not be the place for you. Our experience was pleasant. The staff was nice and our room was clean and cheap. What more do you want from a basic hotel? If you want glamour, go find a hotel chain and pay more. People are complainers over every little thing. Glad we tried it out. It served it's purpose for our needs and the location was perfect. This hotel is definitely in need of some updating and repair but none of these aesthetics affected our room or overall stay experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel M, Mount Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear lauranpete,

We appreciate your time and effort to write us a review. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and it is very refreshing to hear about your pleasant stay. We are very pleased to know that our great value accommodations and warm, welcoming staff fulfilled your needs during your stay. We are very happy that you appreciated the warmth and comfort at an affordable rate on your recent visit. Rest assured that we will continuously focus on improving our facilities and service delivery as we look forward to more positive experiences like you had during your visit. Thank you very much for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Hotel M, Mount Pocono? Share your experiences!