This hotel was the pitts. Upon arrival we were unable to use our keycard to enter the side entrance which was right near our room and when we attempted to let the front desk know-no one was available to help us. As half of the party stay behind to wait with the luggage on the cracked and disrupted sidewalk, the others entered through the main entrance to access the side doors to admit those waiting outside.
Once we entered our room, it wreaked as if someone had left a dirty dish rag underneath the bed as it omitted a horribly foul smell. We all turned to each other with scoul looks on our faces as if one of the children let out an innocent toot.
Once we lay our luggage down, we immediately scanned the bed for creepy crawlies and proceeded to get the kids' swimsuits on so they could go for a swim. I must admit the pool area was nice, as well as the hot tub right next to it. They also had wireless internet acess so I was able to get some work done while watching the kids in the pool. That was a definitely bonus and why we chose this hotel.
It wasn't until the children were finished swimming that I entered the room to find that one of the kids noticed mold spores floating in the coffee pot that looked as if it hadn't been washed in months. My friend immediately took it to the front desk and asked for a new one where she was then given a box containing a brand new pot. Needless to say-we did not make coffee the next morning.
As we went to bed, I couldn't help but feel willies the entire night as the sheets were rough and the bed hard and the smell was intoxicating. I couldn't wait to be gone in the morning as we only stayed here as a layover on our road trip to New York.
Once we packed up and proceeded down the hall my friend took the credit card and room keys and told the kids and I to head to the car, she was going to take care of the bill. I sat in the car playing with the GPS as 10 minutes had gone by with no sign of my friend exiting from the front entrance of the hotel. She then called me to tell me that she had been ringing the bell for service and no one had come to check her out. She then had to call the front desk using the number she found on the brochure sitting on the front counter. As the woman approached the desk she appologized by stating that all of her cleaning staff called off that day and she was short handed.
As my friend stood there not caring about the staff shortage, she began to tell the front desk clerk about the smell in the room, and the coffee pot the kids found. She then wiped our bill clean and we did not pay for the room.
Now I know why my friend sent us to the car while she waited to check out. The only good thing about the stay was that they asked no questions after the room complaint and they did not charge us for the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains region, the hotel is close to many area attractions and points of interest. This Mount Pocono, PA hotel is minutes from Mount Airy Casino, Alpine Mountain Ski & Ride Center, Camelback Ski Area, Camelbeach Waterpark and Pocono Raceway.Enjoy hiking and Pennsylvania's beautiful scenery at Bushkill Falls, featuring a series of eight waterfalls, the tallest of which cascades more than 100 feet. We have a convenient location and offer easy access to many nearby industrial parks, riding stables, ski resorts, and canoeing, fishing and white-water rafting areas. Find bargains at the nearby Crossings Premium Outlets shopping mall. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges can be found in the surrounding area. Guests of this Mount Pocono, PA hotel will enjoy amenities and features like:Free continental breakfastFree wired and wireless high-speed Internet accessFree local callsFree coffeeAfter a busy day, relax in the indoor heated pool. Be sure to take advantage of our on-site exercise room. Access to copy and fax services is offered for our guests. All guest rooms come equipped with, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Non-smoking rooms can be requested.Weekly and monthly rates are available; contact the hotel for more details. For added convenience, laundry facilities are located on the premises.Whether traveling to Pennsylvania for business or pleasure, make the hotel your home away from home when visiting the Mount Pocono area. We look forward to serving you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel M, Mount Pocono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Mount Pocono
- Quality Inn & Suites Mount Pocono Hotel Mount Pocono
- Quality Inn Mount Pocono
- Mount Pocono Quality Inn