“Not so bad”

Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 23 July 2006

The hotel was pretty decent. The only thing is that we got the suit ewith heartshaped jacuzzi but it had no shower... No separate shower!!! It was so hard to frekin baith! I had to have my boyfriend hold the shower while I was washing my hair and vice versa. The sofas were a little worn out in the common room but pretty tolerable. One last thing... the jacuzzi was really dirty.. thank God I took some tide to do the laundry. I had to clean the tub out wuth some tide to make it feel sanitary! You definitely need a car to get around the area to see the sights... and everything closes at nine.. overall it was a pretty decent experience.. =)

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank s_arb
There are newer reviews for Hotel M, Mount Pocono

Reviewed 16 July 2006

We just returned from an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express Mt Pocono location. Our experience was so horrific that we have sworn off EVER staying at another Holiday Inn Express as long as we live!!

The location is absolutely filthy. The common areas as well as our room had not been properly vacuumed in YEARS! Our room was COVERED in crumbs. Our sheets had stains on them and our bathroom was not properly cleaned. The bedspreads are worn as are the chairs in the room. The boxsprings and mattresses are yellow with age. The shower handle was coming off the wall and the faucet made a horrilbe screeching noise when the shower was turned on.

When we called down to the front desk to complain, we were told that they had to check to see if anyone from housekeeping was still there - no apologies - nothing. When my husband asked what if there wasn't anyone there, the response was someone will clean the room. While a nice young fellow (not part of housekeeping) finally came to our room, he could only do a cursory job of cleaning because the filth was so great in our room it would have taken him 6 hours to scrub the grim off and get to all the crumbs. BTW, we were refused another room because the hotel was booked. Not everyone had checked in yet but WE were made to wait as our room was re-cleaned.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and noticed the hallways and common areas were just covered in dirt and crumbs. Those areas should have been vacuumed first thing in the morning. In the dining area, there was a 3' x 1' area in which crumbs had been swept up and then left there - I suppose to eventually be vacuumed up but the employee working breakfast just kept on walking right over it.

The breakfast was sparse and void of any fruit. Three little hard boiled eggs sat on a plate. At one point the employee brought out a tray of donuts and everyone attacked it because there was little else that was edible.

We travel by car frequently and when arranging for short overnight trips we always select either a Holidy Inn Express or Fairfield Inn because we know we will get a reasonably priced stay in a clean and maintained property. That has changed. We will not assume the Holiday Inn will be acceptable and will instead look to Fairfield Inns!

BTW, we booked our room at a rate of $119 but at check-in we were charged a rate of $89. We heard others talking at breakfast who were complaining they had booked a room at a rate of $109 but were charged $119. Another women was quoted $99 but was charged $119. If you dare to stay here, make sure you get your quote in writing!!

Do yourself a favor. If you have to stay in the area, look to Stroudsberg or East Stroudsberg as it really isn't that far away.

5  Thank Suebie
Reviewed 4 July 2006

Upon checking into the hotel after we made our reservations at least 3 months ahead of time, we were told that there was no one with our name having a reservation. We were staying at the hotel with a large group where the rooms were blocked off for a special price. We were told the only room they had available was a hot tub room. They gave us the room for a discounted price, but not the price we were expecting to pay for our blocked off regular room.

Once we got into the room we immediatly noticed a very strong musty smell and that the carpets were damp. We would have complained however we were running very late for some plans we had and from the our intial encounter with the staff we were sure nothing would be able to be fixed fast enough. Also another member in our group was missing many light bulbs. It wasn't that they blew out, they just weren't there. The smell in the room evenutally went away after having the A/C run on high and spraying the room with cologne.

The overall shape of the hotel and rooms weren't that good. There was wall paper peeling in our room, other people's rooms and all through out the hall. Our shower curtain was ripped enough from the rod that it didn't even come close to closing all the way and would hang open allowing water to escape.

On the plus side, the hotel offers a very nice continental breakfast with great sticky buns. The bed was also comfy.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank mejo1111
Reviewed 6 March 2006

We checked into the hotel very late on Friday night, we had to take a smoking room, because it was the only one available. I understand that smoking rooms are for smoking individuals, but they should seriously consider adding some sort of ventilation system (the window did not open) in the smoking rooms for the non smokers that get stuck staying in them! By the end of the trip not only did our clothes completely reak our towels did as well. The smoke alarm kept going off in our room the last day, luckily it was nothing. Other than that our stay was great, the free breakfast was helpful and the distance to Camelback was short! This hotel is in a great location, near restaurants, and stores which worked out well! I will definitley stay here again, everytime I choose to ski at Camelback!

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank apinkpivot1
Reviewed 5 February 2006

Stayed at this hotel 3 nights for a wedding. The first night was the night prior to the rehearsal dinner, and my heel for the outfit broke. The front desk staff were great and directed me to the outlet mall. Loved the outlet mall and the hotel is very convenient to that and all of the ski resorts. At first, the place seemed clean and I liked how the bathrooms' large jacuzzi tub opened on both sides to the bedroom. BUT: one HUGE problem. Since we came in late, I just fell into the bed without actually checking my linens out for stains or anything.The first night, I awoke to a funny smell in the bed. I was so tired I just kept falling asleep and waking up, and I was dreaming that the bed was dirty. Well, when I woke up (it was me, my husband and my four year old all in the big King bed), I pulled off the blanket thing (that velour feeling cover) to see that it was filthy. Crusty stains on it, in several places. And it smelled, like I don't want to know what. I was disgusted and appalled. I had the manager come to the room and showed her the spots and demanded a clean one, I asked for new linens FRESH FROM THE DRYER. It was maybe 10 am. She told me she didn't think they had any. I told her I would wait until they did, and she said that they weren't doing laundry that day. Does that make sense? Not to me either. So I went down the road and bought a Bed In A Bag set from Wal Mart and used my own for the next two nights, and told them not to set foot into my room until I checked out! YUCK! No laundry service? How can that be????

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
10  Thank kaylasmygirl
Reviewed 16 January 2006

We just got back from a Ski trip at Camelback and I was so happy that we stayed at this hotel.
We had a room with a king size bed and a bunk bed for the children. The room and the bathroom were very nice and clean. No toothpaste in room but you can ask for it at the front counter. It also had a microwave, fridge and 2 t.v.'s. You can control the temperature in your room.
The hotel has a nice pool and a small jacuzzi
attached to it, and sauna. It also has a Laundry room with 1 washer & 1 dryer which turned out to be extremely convenient for us (party of 5, 3 kids).You can purchase the detergent at the front counter for .50
Ice Machine and vending machines all over the hotel.
Free continental breakfast included with the room from 6 to 10 AM.
The Hotel has a convenient location. 10 miles from Camelback which took us 15-20 minutes driving time. Very Close to Restaurants, Gas Station, Supermarket, The Outlet and even Walmart & Kmart.
Staff is very friendly.
My only problem was that due to a blizzard there was a power outage which in the poconos means no electric no water. Thank God the rooms did not get cold. The staff was not prepared for the emergency. Thank God we had wipes and water bottles in our car.
They were nice though to give all quests a discount for the inconvenience. I DEFINITLY RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL!!!

6  Thank TRIP45
Reviewed 11 April 2005

This hotel is great. It is located close to the outlets and anything else you would like to do is in travelling distance. I would definitely advise you to have a car because the cab service in the poconos is terrible. The hotel staff is very friendly and this is the best spot for a quite, quick, and romantic getaway. I stayed in the 2 room suite with a heart shaped jacuzzi and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great room. Check-in and check-out was extremly quick and easy. I will return again for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2005
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Hotel M, Mount Pocono? Share your experiences!