“you get what you pay for”
Review of Econostay Motel

Econostay Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I needed a place that would accept pets. so, I ended up here. at check in, I was greeted by friendly staff. my room was just ok. what I expected for the price. my overall experience was good. mount airy casino is 5 minutes away and my dog was very comfortable. remember, this is a motel not a hotel and I would recommend this to people traveling with pets. one last thing, if youre using a GPS.....you won't find it. the location is wrong. once I got into town I had to call for further directions. once again, staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank ncsl33py

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I was lost in the shuffle and ended up without a hotel or even a decent motel to stay in over Tough Mudder PA #1 April 28th & 29th. I called Econostay and was met with a pleasant voice telling me that they had room and were even helpful with directions from my location at Pocono Manor. I had just worked a 12hr shift and was dead to the world tired. It's literally under 4 miles from the Manor. I didn't have much clothing packed and the clothes I'd worn that day were filthy from the mud and water. They had a washer and dryer and even had detergent for me to use. I've stayed in the more expensive hotels that surround the Manor and I can promise you, not only do you get quality, you get great service from the most accommodating people I've ever met. I am actually staying in the same room for the same great rate for Tough Mudder PA #2!!

Room Tip: Their single rooms (ie 101 - 107) are bar none the best. Hands down. A quiet area, with spacious roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank TattdPocahontas
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We rung ahead while driving with 2 toddlers and were told that someone would wait up or leave a number to call, which was very generous given we didn't plan to arrive until after 130am. They were very friendly on arrival but the first 'non smoking' room smelt disgusting- full of smoke, fresh ash on the toilet seat and bathroom floor. I refused to take that room, host blamed new cleaner for smoking in there...
Next room just as bad, as were all the others in that block. As we prepared to give up and go somewhere else the host finally offered us a 'suite' in the renovated section. Horrible very loud old heating units, but at least the room was cleaner and didn't smell like smoke. I wasn't expecting the ritz for this price but I found the whole experience fairly traumatic and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone except those on a very tight budget...

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank lrc_nz
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Last month I came here to get away from my every day life. Much better than it looks online. Fantastic! I was able to do so much. For example i went to the antique store to get something for my wife. She loved it! Also the manager chris was busy but very helpful. He told me everything i needed to know. overall amazing!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Pat P
Ft washington pa
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My family and I came to the econo stay last week. First off the staff was fantastic! Also they made sure that my room was clean and they made sure that we had everything we needed.
It was very convenient to all the attractions that I was interested in. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank brian m
Bayside, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2011

it was so quiet and cozy i loved the staff chris was very helpful even tho he was always busy and very happy tacobell was right down the road. horseback riding for the kids was walking distance and for the price you wouldnt find anything even close. will deff come back everytime i visit pa.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jewelryguy101
Belpre, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We had reservations for a very long time for 2 rooms and when we got there after driving 10 hours they did not have rooms reserved for us. They did get us two rooms for Sat. night but informed us we had no rooms for Sun. night. Our grandson and family had reservations for Sat. night and their room had dirty wrinkled sheets and dead bug. They gave them clean linens but did not offer to make the beds. There was a lot of hair in the showers. When you enter the office and the door glass is dirty,that is a definite clue. The TV and microwave had finger prints. Pillows flat and hard. I would not stay there again and think it should be reported to health dept.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Econostay Motel? Share your experiences!