“Okay grounds, Dated Rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Stream Resort

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Clementon, New Jersey
“Okay grounds, Dated Rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Booked Dianas Oasis, thought of all the room photos, that looked the best. Upon check in, we were immediately offered an upgrade, and was actually pushy in doing so.
Asked to see the rooms we were being selected, and the other rooms although some bigger, looked very very dated. The lakeside villas looked motel-ish, with a stinch, the Eden room had electrical problems, and the Champagne tower, though they offered to clean it, was dirty.
Breakfast in bed came in a box. The dinner in the lounge, was of diner consistency. The lounge itself could use a major upgrade.
Entertainment in all was okay, and the grouds were nice. The Pocono mountains were beautiful, but for the cost, I will not return to this resort.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jawilson74
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
I’d love the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

After reading a lot of reviews I didn't know what to expect. My husband and I were very impressed. Don't let the bad reviews keep you away from this place, it was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a Lakeside Villa, the room was very clean and very romantic. Every Staff Member that we were in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The only partially negative thing I can say is about the food, it was good but I think could have been a little better. I didn't think the food was hot enough and at breakfast the coffee was only luke warm. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie801
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Debbie. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

The service was very good My husband and I enjoyed our self .he rested while I went out looking around..The room we had was the Graden of Eden, i Love the pool in the room and the heart shape tub was so romantic. this was my first time at your resort and i will come back next year and i would love to have the same room i had this time. And the food was so good. The only thing was would suggest is that you guys need to get ipods docks for every room and add cable t.v. My husband is a t.v. man a little t.v. will not hurt. at night when the wifes are asleep. thank You Very Much Thelma150@comcast.net

Room Tip: It is a good place for older couples .
1 Thank thelmapowell
Thank you so much for the excellent review Thelma! We’d loved having you hear and we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed over Memorial weekend for our anniversary, and we really had a fantastic time. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but they were very clean. We had a Garden of Eden room - got an upgrade. Honestly, the room really made it. We swam in the pool every day. I would highly suggest the pool in the room. We also bought a $6 cord at Radio Shack so we could hook up our iphones to the stereo, which played in all the rooms, including the pool. The rooms are totally sound proof, so we played music a lot.

The food: the nights that didn't have a buffet were fine. I didn't enjoy the Friday night buffet , but I don't typically eat a lot of pasta and I'm not a fan of buffets. Breakfast was OK. They had a buffet but would cook you eggs, omelets (egg whites if you want), or pancakes to order. They had lots of fresh fruit, as well as yogurt and other lighter options. Lunch was not included, and we went off site Saturday. Sunday they had a Memorial day BBQ.

Service was great - no complaints or anything to improve. Although gratuity is included on the bill for the dining room & housekeeping staff, we gave our waitress an extra tip on Saturday because she was so friendly and good. Drinks were reasonable. Wine selection was not good, so bring good bottles to drink in your room if you like better wine.

Entertainment was varied. Friday night, there were comedians and a DJ. Comedians were OK. DJ was horribly cheesy bad. Saturday night was a very good band, and we danced and had a really great time. Sunday night was another band. We didn't stay long as we were tired from the weekend festivities... As for the activities, the pool is decent. We didn't do any group things, but we did do paddle boats (not as fun as I remember from being a kid) and played mini golf.

As others suggested, bring wine/beer/alcohol for your room. It's a nice room to hang out in. Also, bring bottles of water and sodas if you drink them. I would suggest a few plastic cups as well as they only give you the two small bathroom cups. I also brought some snacks which came in handy on Friday night when I didn't enjoy my dinner.

Overall, it's a really fun time, and I will definitely go back. Yes, some of the things are a little outdated and cheesy, but it's fun to laugh together at those things. It's a great place to enjoy time with your significant other.

3 Thank MurphySNJ
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband & I recently stayed here in the Champagne Towers. It was very nice & fairly romantic. We had received a free upgrade to this room which had us immediately impressed with the resort. The room was smaller than the brochure makes it look. It was wonderful to have both a huge whirlpool & a private pool in our room. The rooms are a little outdated & do need some improvement, but they are still nice. The only thing we found strange was that the fridge was in the vanity/bathroom area when there was more than enough room for it in the living room. I was a little afraid to stay because I read a lot of complaints about the food. The food was good. The only complaint we had was that we were told when we made the reservation that there would be a buffet dinner on that particular night instead of a choice of 4 different meals. That was a major reason we chose that night to stay. We figured there would be something we would like if it was a buffet. We also wanted to sit at a table for the two of us instead of sitting with a few other couples. They did seat us separately, but the tables for 2 are VERY close together & you don't feel like you are sitting alone anyway. You can hear the conversations from the couples on both sides of you & I'm sure they can hear yours as well. We were pleased with the food though and you definitely get enough.

We would consider staying there again but only if we received a free upgrade again. Otherwise I didn't feel like it was worth the price they charge. For that kind of money I expect the place to be flawless.

3 Thank angel4546
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Thank you for your review. We do hope you return. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com when you’re planning your next visit.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

We are a younger couple (23 to 24) and we just came back from our stay at Paradise Stream. First all the front desk does not tell you anything about the activies around the area, the activties at the other resorts, or where anything is on the resort. We got mad because they just handed us papers and a map and told us where our room was...boo

The rooms were awesome. We stayed in the garden of edwn which had a heart shaped jazzuci and a pool in the room! Awesome.

Dinners and Breakfast at Paradise Stream were awesome and dining hall seating. You are close to other couples, but its still nice. The food was plenty and they had very nice wait staff.

The entertainment wqas kind of lame. They had a comedy band that played oldies, which was good, but kind of geared to an older crowd. Drinks are strong and not that expensive but we recommend going out to buy liquor or beer yourself.

Activies are cool but they have such little space for them. We went over to Poconos Palace they actually have a lake, which Paradise Stream had a pond to fish on.... :/

This place doesn't even have a time for just dancing, which I though was weird because they have a huge dance floor!

If your looking to just relax and not do much then go to Paradise stream, its beautiful and relaxing, but it doesn't havew much for younger couple and it kind of dry when it comes to entertainment. Everything ends or closes at 10

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank ohtempus
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Thank you for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My boyfriend and I went to celebrate our 4th anniversary and we had a wonderful time! The staff was friendly, helpful, and greeted us everyday. I had some doubts about this place because of the bad reviews but if you are looking for some time away with your partner i would say this is the place to go. It was not far from the NY area and the directions are easy to follow. The rooms were clean, the pools, hot tubs, sauna was clean also. There are tons of activities to do together and the food was Okay, not the greatest part. The only downfall was the outdated Televisions in the rooms and they did not have DVD players nor did they have WiFi.

Room Tip: Upgrade as soon as you checkin for FREE
2 Thank LD0101
Happy anniversary! Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#1 of 1 in Scotrun
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,356 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!