“We booked for 2 days but only lasted 1 day!!!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I went here and stayed in the champagne room for our 1 year anniversary. I initially booked it for 2 days over the phone because the salesperson made this place sound like a 5 star resort in the mountains of the poconos.
We arrived , checked in , opened the door to our room and immediately felt like we teleported to the 80's or early 90's!!! The decor was sooooo outdated!!!! We laughed and made fun of the room. We took a walk around the property and decided there is no way we can stay 2 days here. Thank goodness the front desk was able to reimburse me 1 day back .
The dinner was a buffet, good food, and the comedy show was funny. Other than that pleaseeee don't waste your money . Pay the extra cash and fly to a nice island.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Vizio91
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Happy anniversary Vizio91! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Diana Oasis room. We loved our visit there and will return again some other time. I was very scared to go after reading all the negative reviews but we were definitly please with everything. We didn't do much of the activities so i cannot comment on that. We stayed in our room and enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi most of the time. It was very clean.

We also had breakfast in bed for the days we were there. Breakfast was great. Dinner was also great. I had the chicken which was very tasty. I do recommended. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Parking was right in front of our suite so we didn't have to walk far with our luggage. The room also have a DVD and VHS player and a radio which is a great thing. You can bring your own movies to watch. I do recommend taking your own candles to make it a little more romantic.

Overall Paradise Stream is a very nice, clean and romantic place to go if you want to getaway with your other half.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shabanaluis

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Booked Dianas Oasis, thought of all the room photos, that looked the best. Upon check in, we were immediately offered an upgrade, and was actually pushy in doing so.
Asked to see the rooms we were being selected, and the other rooms although some bigger, looked very very dated. The lakeside villas looked motel-ish, with a stinch, the Eden room had electrical problems, and the Champagne tower, though they offered to clean it, was dirty.
Breakfast in bed came in a box. The dinner in the lounge, was of diner consistency. The lounge itself could use a major upgrade.
Entertainment in all was okay, and the grouds were nice. The Pocono mountains were beautiful, but for the cost, I will not return to this resort.

2  Thank jawilson74
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

I’d love the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

After reading a lot of reviews I didn't know what to expect. My husband and I were very impressed. Don't let the bad reviews keep you away from this place, it was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a Lakeside Villa, the room was very clean and very romantic. Every Staff Member that we were in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The only partially negative thing I can say is about the food, it was good but I think could have been a little better. I didn't think the food was hot enough and at breakfast the coffee was only luke warm. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie801
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Debbie. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The service was very good My husband and I enjoyed our self .he rested while I went out looking around..The room we had was the Graden of Eden, i Love the pool in the room and the heart shape tub was so romantic. this was my first time at your resort and i will come back next year and i would love to have the same room i had this time. And the food was so good. The only thing was would suggest is that you guys need to get ipods docks for every room and add cable t.v. My husband is a t.v. man a little t.v. will not hurt. at night when the wifes are asleep. thank You Very Much Thelma150@comcast.net

Room Tip: It is a good place for older couples .
1  Thank thelmapowell

Thank you so much for the excellent review Thelma! We’d loved having you hear and we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed over Memorial weekend for our anniversary, and we really had a fantastic time. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but they were very clean. We had a Garden of Eden room - got an upgrade. Honestly, the room really made it. We swam in the pool every day. I would highly suggest the pool in the room. We also bought a $6 cord at Radio Shack so we could hook up our iphones to the stereo, which played in all the rooms, including the pool. The rooms are totally sound proof, so we played music a lot.

The food: the nights that didn't have a buffet were fine. I didn't enjoy the Friday night buffet , but I don't typically eat a lot of pasta and I'm not a fan of buffets. Breakfast was OK. They had a buffet but would cook you eggs, omelets (egg whites if you want), or pancakes to order. They had lots of fresh fruit, as well as yogurt and other lighter options. Lunch was not included, and we went off site Saturday. Sunday they had a Memorial day BBQ.

Service was great - no complaints or anything to improve. Although gratuity is included on the bill for the dining room & housekeeping staff, we gave our waitress an extra tip on Saturday because she was so friendly and good. Drinks were reasonable. Wine selection was not good, so bring good bottles to drink in your room if you like better wine.

Entertainment was varied. Friday night, there were comedians and a DJ. Comedians were OK. DJ was horribly cheesy bad. Saturday night was a very good band, and we danced and had a really great time. Sunday night was another band. We didn't stay long as we were tired from the weekend festivities... As for the activities, the pool is decent. We didn't do any group things, but we did do paddle boats (not as fun as I remember from being a kid) and played mini golf.

As others suggested, bring wine/beer/alcohol for your room. It's a nice room to hang out in. Also, bring bottles of water and sodas if you drink them. I would suggest a few plastic cups as well as they only give you the two small bathroom cups. I also brought some snacks which came in handy on Friday night when I didn't enjoy my dinner.

Overall, it's a really fun time, and I will definitely go back. Yes, some of the things are a little outdated and cheesy, but it's fun to laugh together at those things. It's a great place to enjoy time with your significant other.

3  Thank MurphySNJ
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband & I recently stayed here in the Champagne Towers. It was very nice & fairly romantic. We had received a free upgrade to this room which had us immediately impressed with the resort. The room was smaller than the brochure makes it look. It was wonderful to have both a huge whirlpool & a private pool in our room. The rooms are a little outdated & do need some improvement, but they are still nice. The only thing we found strange was that the fridge was in the vanity/bathroom area when there was more than enough room for it in the living room. I was a little afraid to stay because I read a lot of complaints about the food. The food was good. The only complaint we had was that we were told when we made the reservation that there would be a buffet dinner on that particular night instead of a choice of 4 different meals. That was a major reason we chose that night to stay. We figured there would be something we would like if it was a buffet. We also wanted to sit at a table for the two of us instead of sitting with a few other couples. They did seat us separately, but the tables for 2 are VERY close together & you don't feel like you are sitting alone anyway. You can hear the conversations from the couples on both sides of you & I'm sure they can hear yours as well. We were pleased with the food though and you definitely get enough.

We would consider staying there again but only if we received a free upgrade again. Otherwise I didn't feel like it was worth the price they charge. For that kind of money I expect the place to be flawless.

3  Thank angel4546
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Thank you for your review. We do hope you return. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com when you’re planning your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!