“Loved our stay”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Just returned from a three day getaway. My husband and I were very impressed with the improvements to the Champagne Towers rooms. The downstairs TV has been updated and the room looked clean and inviting. The food was fabulous. Friday night buffet was delicious. Saturday is "Strip Night" with the best steak and potato you can imagine. All in all it was an awesome weekend and I would recommend this spot to anyone who wants to fall in love all over again.

Room Tip: Bring your own snacks, drinks, and candles.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cggoodenough
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Love that you had an awesome weekend and fell in love all over again- that’s what we’re all about. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at Paradise Stream and for the cost, we have no intentions of returning. The staff was very helpful and friendly, but it does not make up for dirty and outdated rooms, or terrible food. The first day we were there we went to breakfast and the food was terrible. The french toast from the buffet tasted stale and cold. I asked the waitress if there were other options and they said "no." However, the waitress next to us was more willing to help her guests by getting them an omelet. I also saw a few people leaving tips on the table. I was confused, and I couldn't find our waitress, so I asked the other girl I saw before about this and she was very professional in her response. I found out this resort is all-inclusive and you weren't expected to leave a tip, but some people do when they feel they have received exceptional service, which is fair in my opinion. She then asked if SHE could get me anything which I was very impressed with! The next day I ordered room service for breakfast which was even worse than the dining room food! It was cold, cold, cold, cold. This part is quite disgusting which made me throw away my entire breakfast and go to MCDONALDS I opened my door and walked up to the man who was delivering breakfast, I told him they forgot my coffee and he apologized. I was APPALLED by the condition of which the food was stored in, in the delivery car! MY FOOD was in FILTH! DUST, FOOD PARTICLES IN THE CAR, DIRTY DISHES, IT MADE ME WANT TO THROW UP! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW YOU PEOPLE DELIVER FOOD IN THESE DISGUSTING CONDITIONS. I WANTED TO CALL THE BOARD OF HEALTH! When my wife's hair turned green from the pool, we LEFT. We had enough! We will never be back.

4  Thank Mustang1556
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

I’m sorry you weren’t 100% satisfied with your getaway to the Land of Love Mustang556. I’d like to hear more about your experience. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I went here and stayed in the champagne room for our 1 year anniversary. I initially booked it for 2 days over the phone because the salesperson made this place sound like a 5 star resort in the mountains of the poconos.
We arrived , checked in , opened the door to our room and immediately felt like we teleported to the 80's or early 90's!!! The decor was sooooo outdated!!!! We laughed and made fun of the room. We took a walk around the property and decided there is no way we can stay 2 days here. Thank goodness the front desk was able to reimburse me 1 day back .
The dinner was a buffet, good food, and the comedy show was funny. Other than that pleaseeee don't waste your money . Pay the extra cash and fly to a nice island.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Vizio91
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Happy anniversary Vizio91! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Diana Oasis room. We loved our visit there and will return again some other time. I was very scared to go after reading all the negative reviews but we were definitly please with everything. We didn't do much of the activities so i cannot comment on that. We stayed in our room and enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi most of the time. It was very clean.

We also had breakfast in bed for the days we were there. Breakfast was great. Dinner was also great. I had the chicken which was very tasty. I do recommended. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Parking was right in front of our suite so we didn't have to walk far with our luggage. The room also have a DVD and VHS player and a radio which is a great thing. You can bring your own movies to watch. I do recommend taking your own candles to make it a little more romantic.

Overall Paradise Stream is a very nice, clean and romantic place to go if you want to getaway with your other half.

1  Thank shabanaluis

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Booked Dianas Oasis, thought of all the room photos, that looked the best. Upon check in, we were immediately offered an upgrade, and was actually pushy in doing so.
Asked to see the rooms we were being selected, and the other rooms although some bigger, looked very very dated. The lakeside villas looked motel-ish, with a stinch, the Eden room had electrical problems, and the Champagne tower, though they offered to clean it, was dirty.
Breakfast in bed came in a box. The dinner in the lounge, was of diner consistency. The lounge itself could use a major upgrade.
Entertainment in all was okay, and the grouds were nice. The Pocono mountains were beautiful, but for the cost, I will not return to this resort.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jawilson74
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

I’d love the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Please email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

After reading a lot of reviews I didn't know what to expect. My husband and I were very impressed. Don't let the bad reviews keep you away from this place, it was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a Lakeside Villa, the room was very clean and very romantic. Every Staff Member that we were in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The only partially negative thing I can say is about the food, it was good but I think could have been a little better. I didn't think the food was hot enough and at breakfast the coffee was only luke warm. We will definitely be back!!!

2  Thank Debbie801
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Debbie. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The service was very good My husband and I enjoyed our self .he rested while I went out looking around..The room we had was the Graden of Eden, i Love the pool in the room and the heart shape tub was so romantic. this was my first time at your resort and i will come back next year and i would love to have the same room i had this time. And the food was so good. The only thing was would suggest is that you guys need to get ipods docks for every room and add cable t.v. My husband is a t.v. man a little t.v. will not hurt. at night when the wifes are asleep. thank You Very Much Thelma150@comcast.net

Room Tip: It is a good place for older couples .
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thelmapowell

Thank you so much for the excellent review Thelma! We’d loved having you hear and we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!