“"Surprised 10th Wedding Anniversary from my Husband"”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a surprise anniversary from my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary! We did not know what to expect, except what we have read on TripAdvisor. We thought we would give it a shot and when we got there, we were greeted by Julie and Eunice. They were so warm and welcoming when we registered in! They explained where everything was and explained how many different activities there were to do! We even received a map of the resort and where everything was located!We could not believe how many things their were to do! Julie and Eunice stated to us, that if there was anything else they could do to make our stay pleasant, not to hesitate and ask and they would do whatever they could, in reason or answer any questions. Everyday when you went to breakfast, there would be a pamphlet called "Hot Spot Daily Dose of Fun" on your table for breakfast or you could pick it up on the Front Desk. This would tell you what was going on during the day: activities with your CXO (Chief Excitement Officer), what is that nights drink that were featured, upcoming events and entertainment that night, plus late night snack and where it would be. Also it would list times that you could have photos taking with the resort photographers, Liz or Flash. Our photographer was Flash! We had a good time with him and he took amazing pictures of us together! We had our pictures taken before dinner one night. Flash made you feel good about yourself when he took the pictures. Some of us, like me, do not like taking pictures of my self even with other people. Flash was great, he made our photos look fabulous! Even i like them and that is something say for a person who does not like being in pictures! Our room that we got was the Champagne Towers. The heated pool was rejuvenating and one of my husband's favorite things about our suite! The suite was very big and spacious! There were multiple floors and we enjoyed our suite! Jacuzzi Champagne tub was awesome! How many people can say that they were in a Jacuzzi Champagne Glass tub? Not many, but i can!!! The suite was nice, but of course it needed updating, but we were not there for the decor! We were there to have a fantastic anniversary! Which we did!

Everybody we met were so nice and accommodating! We participated in different activities, went to shows and listened to good music! Even went horse back riding! the stables were right on the property! We had such a good time there and we even were giving by Julie at the front desk, a listing of outside activities! They gave a listing, phone numbers and directions on how to get there! It seems everywhere we would go around the resort, we would run into Aaron! He happened to be our CXO in the different activities! He was fun, very entertaining and gave you a good time! We could not ask for a better CXO! We did see Rachel, but we would see her around dinner time, when she would announce the activities in the evening. She was great too!

At breakfast and dinner, we would have a different server. We had Tina, Terysa(sorry if spelled wrong), and 2 more, but I forgot, sorry. We even had Matt, who was being trained by Tina, and he did a good job because he was trained under Tina. We wish him the best! Overall the breakfast and 4 course dinner was very good, better than buffet food. My husband stated that his favorite dinner was on the first day we got there. He had the salmon and he stated that it was cooked to perfection with that dill sauce! OMG! The service was impeccable! We rarely had to ask for anything, the servers would come over and ask if you needed anything and they even ask if were ready for your next course for dinner. Sometimes I would be done before my husband and sometimes he would be done before me. How considerate! Keep up the good work!

This was a trip for 5 days and 4 nights. We enjoyed ourselves so much, that my husband surprised me and we stayed for one more day! Unbelievable what a great husband I have!

I really do not have anything bad to say! You need to make up your own mind if you like it or not. Try it, we did and enjoyed it! For my husband and I, we all ready made reservation for next year to come back! For this wife, I would say that this was the best trip we have taking together and how relaxed and how rejuvenating this trip was for us! In my opinion, this is a resort that can bring couples together or make their relationship stronger!

Thank you to everybody there for making our anniversary special and memorable!!!! See you next year! Can not wait to see Julie, Eunice, Tina, Terysa, Matt, Aaron, Rachel, Bill, Liz, Flash and all the others that we have met!!!!

3  Thank Aimee N
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Happy 10th anniversary Aimee N! I love this line, 'this is a resort that can bring couples together or make their relationship stronger!' Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I will be sure to share it with the Team. See you next year.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Me and my husband decided to give each other one surprise vacation this year where one has to plan everything..events, food and entertainment. So my smart husband went ahead and booked this all inclusive couples only resort for 3 nights where the breakfast buffets were delicious, four course dinners were fantastic and live band was too much fun. We didn't had to go anywhere else..everything was planned by the resort. After dinner live band and stand up comedy stage shows were just fantastic... tooo much fun!!!. Aaron and Rachel made every event planned in the resort more enjoyable be it playing game of bingo or 8 ball pool with the other couples. It was a dream come true vacation in beautiful champagne tower suites with heart shaped pool and champagne glass shaped tall jacuzzi in the living room... I could have never imagined something like this existed in the world !!! This place was just beautiful and made every moment of my vacation unforgettable. Keep up the good work guys .. You were all very amazing!!

2  Thank Neelima G
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you so much Neelima G!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Okay, so hubby and I just got back from a 2 night stay at Paradise Stream and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! I have traveled internationally and have stayed at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos as well as the Four Season's in Philadelphia. I am a normal mom with 3 kids who range in ages 7- 12 and my husband and I needed a place that wasn't too far from home. We really agonized about whether or not to book a room here. I read all the reviews and was having a tough time deciding whether I would be completely grossed out or if it could be the perfect get away. Ultimately, we went in with the YOLO idea and figured if it was horrible, we would cancel the second night. Well, I wish we had been able to stay longer because 2 nights wasn't enough. We booked the Diana suite and it was clean and comfortable. It seemed to have been updated fairly recently. The in room pool and fireplace was our favorite part. We got in as soon as we could and instantly felt relaxed. I felt like World War 3 could be happening outside our room and we wouldn't know it! The staff was super friendly as were the other couples (all seemed within the normal range). I also wasn't sure if it would just be older couples, but it wasn't! There was a range between mid 20's to late 60's I would say. The dinner was also a pleasant surprise. I expected banquet type quality but it was very tasty and was better than a lot of wedding food I have had. The comedian and band were great! If I had to give poor marks it would be on the lack of towel bars in the room. I think a few extra towel bars and perhaps some nice robes would be a good addition. I also thought the Spooners Cafe/ lounge could use some updating. So the bottom line, the place is pretty cheesy but if you go in with an open mind, you'll have a blast. We couldn't believe how quickly we were able to relax because it really is secluded and private. We can't wait to go back:)

Room Tip: We loved the Diana suite but the lake view rooms looked nice too
5  Thank Dietitianmom
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We can't wait to have you back Dietitianmom! Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your suggestions. Great photos too.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went for our 16th anniv. and since it was a spur of the moment trip I had forgotten to call and tell them I was allergic to garlic. When we got to dinner I found out that almost all the dishes on the buffet were made with garlic. Juan who was slicing the meat went out of his way to have the kitchen make me a special meal and then met with me the next afternoon to go over the choices for dinner. All the staff was very friendly and helpful but he went over and above. the only down side was no coffee pots in the room and since I get up at 5:30am I had to wait till 7AM and so it was a long hour and a half. The other people who were down there in line for the ultra slow single cup coffee maker felt the same.

3  Thank Terry D
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Happy 16th anniversary Terry D! I'll be sure to share your review with Juan and our Resort Manager. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My Husband and I were married at Parardise Stream on Oct 12, 2013 and it was more than amazing. Camber was very attentive in every details of helping us plan the wedidng and making sure all of my request were meet to have a beautiful day. We arrived 2 days prior to the wedding as we booked an 8 days/7night stay. All we both can say is that not only did we love every moment but so did our guest. The dining room looked amazing, the tables were beautiful decorated, the only thing I provided was the linens of my choice and flowers. The food was great. It was a 3 hour luncheon that included a menu of two salads, cream of broccoli soup, mini crab crabs, bacon wrapped scallops, and coconut shrimp, along with 3 different types of sandwiches, along with a dessert table. The resort had an amazing package which included a dj, and we opted for an hour open bar. On the day of the wedding the resort even provided a horse drawn carriage. We wanted a small intimate wedding and did not have a ton of money to spend. The package also include a photo album and 8 pictures taken but the resort photographer Lizzie, who, I don't normally take great pictures but knocked it out of the ball park. Our weddding was everything we wanted and more. I hightly recommmend couples who are looking for an economical alternative while still having a beautiful wedding consider Paradise Stream and talk to Camber or you can even contact me as well. We stayed in the Champagne towers and it was immaculate, not sure what some of the complaints are about. Our room was alwasy clean, the pool was beautiful, yes there was a little wear and tear but nothing you wouldn't find after years in a private residence. Our air conditioner had even broken a few nigths in, we called the front desk and in less than 5 minutes someone was there and replaced it with a new unit before we came back from dinner. Meals were great, breakfast as always was a nice choice, Dinners were great, strip night is always a favorite, and they had this Tai chicken that I even order a second serving of. No one should leave hungry and if you do it is your own fault. We had some lunches in the cafe which the chicken cheesesteak was out of this world. While we were eating in the cafe and watching the Eagles came we saw a black bear come strolling across. The bands and entertainment were excellent. Valerie Borman is great, if you ever get t a chance to go see her do it. While we were there they had a hayride through the woods, and a wonderful lunch basket picnic, we were even given blankets. All in all I could go on and on about how great everything was. Liz at the front desk was amazing. The last day of our stay we asked what time check out was and we were given the opprotunity to stay in the room until 5pm and have a wonderful dinner again and enjoy that nights entertainment as well, which we did and will never forget. We are so happy to be in the forever lovers club and we will be returning in March before our little bundle of joy arrives. Everyone from the housekeeping staff, front desk, photgraphers, bartenders, servers were just amazing, friendly, and accomidating. A big thank you again to all the wonderful staff for making our wedding an honeymoon have wonderful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Don't listen to these negative nelllies, they must all be dining and staying at 5 star resorts all the time. We love it, we recommend it and here are some pics.

2  Thank Lisa W
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Congratulations Lisa W! Thank you for sharing your special day with us. We loved having you here!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This resort is so outdated, I thought I was in a Scarface movie while I spent the weekend there with my Fiance for his birthday. The resort looks 30 years old. The in-room pool was moldy and dirty, the rugs look like they haven't been cleaned in 3 decades, the food is so cheap!! I felt like I was eating in a cafeteria. My Fiance and I were looking forward to a relaxing and romantic weekend, and we were just totally disappointed by the appearance of this resort and our room. Take your money and business Somewhere else! Not Worth the Money At All!!!!!

Room Tip: If you do stay there, the most up to date rooms are Diana's Oasis or Lakeside Villa. We stood i...
5  Thank Vivian G
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

We are disappointed to have received this review. Vivian G, please consider emailing us a PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of you stay so we can have our Housekeeping Team check out your suite.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having already visited the Poconos before(Pocono Palace), I decided to give Paradise Stream a try. Despite average reviews I booked a four day stay for my anniversary. I always try to get the Champagne Towers room if available. Its like your own personal resort( Jacuzzi, pool, sauna etc.) Once again I was not disappointed .The Poconos Resorts are the perfect getaway.The casino is a short drive away. The game room and the bike rides along with daily activities give you plenty to do outside the room. Service was great. Food was good. Sitting alone with my wife for breakfast and dinner and not having to share the table with strangers was great. Room was perfect. Like a said the perfect getaway. I will return again.

2  Thank Robert B

Happy anniversary! Thank you for spending it in the Land of Love! See you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!