“Honeymoon”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
New York City, New York
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Spent honeymoon here in November 2013. Gorgeous rooms, great food and excellent staff but dirty worn carpet and sofa. I alternated between loving the room with the private pool, champagne tower, fireplace sauna etc and being disgusted by the carpet. I am not really a neat freak but this really took away from my total enjoyment. Would love to go back after they have done some cosmetic renovation and get rid of that disgusting carpet.

1 Thank Gloria A
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your very special occasion with us, Gloria A! We appreciate your feedback. I have shared it with our Manager and Maintenance Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I always heard about this romantic getaway in the pocanos that had giant champagne jacuzzi glasses and knew that I must try it one day. I finally did book a last minute romantic getaway for our 11th anniversary and we very much enjoyed it. The rooms were very accommodating and we were very impressed with the heated pool and sauna. The champagne glasses are a must with with the passion package which include a fire log, chilled champagne and bubbles for your 7 ft. steamy polycarbonate glass for two, complete with mirrors, star light ceiling and red mood lamps. The only thing missing were the disco lights.
We booked our stay midweek but were surprised to have such great entertainment as would be expected on a weekend. The live band and beer tasting was top notch and I say this as a well rounded traveler that has lived in several countries over the years and have stayed at 5 star to no star hotels. This was the 2nd beer tasting we have ever been to and I liked it very much as our host was very knowledgeable and I have since reconsidered my favorite beer.
We do plan a return visit again in the future,
Darren and Hang

Room Tip: We found this on cyber Monday and got a 50% discount on the cleopatras' champagne tower room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darren R
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Happy 11th anniversary Darren and Hang! Thank you for sharing it with us and thank you for your wonderful review.
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have been to all 3 resorts over the last 10 years, It used to be a great place to come. They should put some of the money they charge back in the rooms. The happy hour was so bad the server kept appologizing to us, it was buttered pretzel balls and some dried out crunchy peperoni pieces, just spit it out, it was disgraceful. It is true, the decor is old stained dirty, afraid I was going to come home with some type of disease or bed bugs. The pool area in our room used to be heated now it is the same temp as the room, most of our cd's did not work in the cd player. At the show at night there were 12 of us in the entire place. Being a forever club member is a joke, I was told they do not offer any special for that, if fact one rep told me I actually pay more. If you call 3 times you will get 3 different prices from different people. They need to shut down and gut the place and reopen when it is decent.

5 Thank Greg N
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We are very sorry to hear you feel this sway Greg N. We love our Forever Lovers and do everything we can to ensure a fun, romantic and relaxing stay. I have shared your concerns with our resort manager and chef. We do have some exciting new amenities planned for 2014. We hope you return to see them.

Travellers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Maywood, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a good time. But no WIFI in the rooms. Cell service no good. Landline bad. Need to have some kind of service to reach our family. What hotel in 2013 haves no wifi in the rooms. Other than that great time.

• Stayed December 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Good news Yankees31... in-suite WIFI is coming in 2014. Thank you for the excellent rating and hope to see you again.
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Cove Haven Resorts are a mountain resort all of it's own. It was the best choice to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary/7 years together. We chose Paradise Stream out of the 3 possible resort destinations. We chose to stay at Pocono Palace last year. The room we picked was the Champagne Tower Suite. This is the most beautiful room to stay at on the property. Anyways, what made our trip so great were the individuals that worked there. The first person that stood out from the rest was our waiter Nick. He was a very high class young man with skill and talent that no one else there could compare to. We always requested his services for every meal. He did not disappoint. Very friendly and professional. The second person that stood out from the rest was the guest services representative Julie. She was very friendly and always made us laugh. We connected very well with her and her personality was second to none. She was very helping and understanding with all of our needs and requests. She always had a smile on her face, and she always had no problem placing one on ours. The third and final person that stood out from the rest was our CXO Aaron. We were so lucky to have booked just at the right time when he was the host and event planner and organizer. He gave us our tour of the entire resort, planned fun and entertaining activities, and booked the best live entertainment for this time of the year. He always made everyone laugh, and helped make everyone feel very comfortable and accepting at an adults only resort. If he was not the CXO at the time of our visit, I guarantee you that we would not have had as half the amount of fun as we did with him being there. The best rates to go here are booking in October and booking between October and December. And, whats really great, is if you book and a better rate is offered through email, they will honor that price, and you will save even more. This is a great destination for those of you who are looking to relight your fire in your life with your husband or wife. It is also a great destination for a honeymoon, anniversary, or surprise birthday gift. The food was excellent, the activities were excellent, the room was excellent, and the staff were excellent. The improvements that could be made are the following: First, lunch should be included with the total cost of the stay. Second, non-alcoholic beverages should be available for free throughout the entire stay and be included with the total cost of the stay. Third, the arcade game fees should be included with the total cost of the stay. Other than that, it was a great experience and I expect to be back soon. Our next planned trip is to go to the original resort, Cove Haven.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jake C
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Happy 2 year wedding anniversary Jake C! Thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and suggestions. I have already shared them with our Team. See you next time at Cove Haven.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a mini honeymoon, with plans to take a bigger trip later on. We stayed in the garden of eden apple suite. The decor is really old in all of the buildings and has a major 70s feel to it. There were mysterious stains on the couch and chair to the point that I wouldn't sit on them. The pool, whirlpool bath and sauna were nice to have. We used the whirlpool bath and I had taken my socks off for the first time all day and when I was in the tub, I looked down and saw that the bottoms of my feet were black. I looked at the carpet and saw that it was really quite filthy. The first night dinner was okay, nothing to get excited about. We ate breakfast there the second day and I came down with food poisoning afterwards. We didn't eat there again after that. Because of the weird layout of the room, during one of my multiple trips to the bathroom, I smacked my face off of the doorway and wound up with a fat lip. I would never stay here again.

4 Thank Michelle M
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Michelle M! Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us. I'm very disappointed to hear about the carpet in your suite. This is not usually the case and I'd like to have my housekeeping team check on it. Please consider emailing me with the details of your stay - PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Let me start of my saying this was our tenth trip to Paradise Stream and we have never been disappointed by any of our visits. Until this time...
I made our reservations in September and requested a certain room. Rob, our "vacation specialist" assured me we would have the room requested. We got to Paradise Stream, and no one knew anything about our requested room. Our room was not ready and we were told we would be called when the room was ready. We received a call about 20 minutes later and went to pick up our keys. Wouldn't you know it, the wrong room was ready. After about one hour, the correct room was ready. To compensate, they gave us a passion package that included coupons for a free fire log, bubble bath and champagne. We both remembered the day that Forever Lovers used to get all of that with their rooms anyway.

Onto the room, the furniture was in a sad state. The couch had about a three inch rip on the back and the foam was exposed. The table had a cigarette burn larger than a quarter. The toilet seat had black marks all over it and looked to be really old. The room had only 2 towels by the pool, none by the tub.

Dinner on Friday was an International Buffet. We both enjoyed it more than Fat Paulie's Italian Night and thought it was an improvement. Saturday's meal and entertainment were enjoyable. Sunday the meal was completely inedible. We ordered Steak Oscar and what we got was leather and burnt potatoes that were cold. The other options did not appeal to us so we ended up going to Taco Bell. This was really sad to me. They no longer carry their signature Steak Sauce. They no longer provide Champagne on Saturday morning. The biggest disappointment was that breakfast is only offered in your room on Saturday and Sunday morning. Monday when we left, we could not even get juice brought to our room.

It is sad to see such a great place really going downhill. We still made the best of it and had fun- but I am now looking for better bang for our buck;. Sorry Paradise Stream- you let us down.

Room Tip: We brought our own coffee and coffee pot to the room.
6 Thank cggoodenough
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback cggoodenough. Thank you so much for 10 visits to Paradise Stream and we are sorry to hear this one didn't meet the expectations you've come to know. Your words help us to improve our service. I hope you return to see our improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!