“No fate but what we make!!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Hopewell, New York
“No fate but what we make!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at Pocono Palace many times but this was my first trip to paradise stream.
As with all the Pocono resorts, this property shows it's age. That's not a bad thing as long as all is functional. Our whirlpool tub, pool, fireplace, televisions, Bose speaker system, and sauna all worked well and I have no complaints about the functionality of the room. The resort game room and indoor pool/hot tub area is very nice, clean and well lit.
We did not attend any of the evening's entertainment so I can't comment there.
I do have to say that the food at dinner and at breakfast was not very good. I don't expect gourmet meals here but I have had better experiences with the food at these resorts than I did here.
The staff were all friendly and helpful during our visit.
These resorts are very pricey so one can struggle with the price/value calculation but I do feel that our fate is what we make and we had an wonderful time, used every amenity in our suite and made the most of it for a very fun weekend.
I did hear some folks complaining but not us, we decided to have fun and leave the nitpicking to the people that are happiest doing that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Great headline. Very happy to hear you liked your suite and had a wonderful time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I was definitely hesitant to book here with some of the mixed reviews because it was pricey and I was afraid I'd be disappointed. We had a nice time, but I will be extremely candid......if you are the type of person that nit picks over every detail this place may not be for you. The garden of Eden apple room was nice but definitely outdated in decor. It has a 70's feel. Although we enjoyed our room you'd think they make some updates from what they are pulling in for a night $$ wise. For instance our $79 a night hotel room the night before had a flat screen TV and this place still had an old school tube TV......didn't bother me as we could still watch it but just principle on how outdated the room is for the price.

Pros: nice staff, dinner and breakfast was enjoyable, nice amenities and activities on site and nearby for nominal fees, clean room, very comfy mattress

Cons: outdated room decor, deceiving "all-inclusive" as many things were not included such as drinks and some activities on site, shape of bed nice aesthetically but awkward shape for taller people (you're feet hang off)

We'd probably return but one night isn't enough time; however, with the high price of the nicer rooms I'm not sure we'd spend that kind of money when we can get a true all inclusive trip somewhere warm on groupon for the same price range.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We appreciate your feedback and hope you do return to the Land of Love, lauranpete.
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

A wonderful place to get away from life's stress.
My wife and I loved every minute of our time there.
The meals were more than enough, and the quality surpassed the quantity. If you want to get away with a loved one this is the place. We stayed at the champagne suite which made it that much better. You pay a little more but it's worth every cent.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and rating, Benji197! We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise Stream.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I purchased this with a Living Social Coupon....after taxes 2 nights cost almost a grand. I got this package for 2 nights almost $1,000.00....It was nice but NOT worth the money. The rooms outdated and the paint in the pool was chipped and pieces floating in the water. For the price they could have thrown in a couple of duraflame logs. The entertainment was good...comedy shows and good dancing band. The carriage ride was an extra 20 bucks and they took us around the parking lot. (disappointing) Nice lady but what do you expect for 20 bucks. The service in the Restaurant was very bad. Our orders were not correct and when we asked for cream for our coffee she did not bring it for 20 minutes when we asked for a new cup of coffee because the one we got was now cold she touched the side of the cup and said “it’s still warm”…we repeated that we wanted another cup and she said she will put this one in the microwave….Ordered steak with onions and it came with a scoop of garlic butter on in instead….when we said there was a mistake she brought us onions in a separate bowl. Morning breakfast on the buffet had burnt bacon, burnt French toast and burnt sausages….someone must have fallen asleep in the kitchen that day.
All in all not a terrible experience but worth only half the price I paid. Suggestions for others are to not go to the dining room….go off grounds instead… Overall I found the staff very disorganized and the rooms straight out of the 70’s.

Room Tip: Champagne Towers overpriced and outdated...take the cheaper room. Save the difference you spend in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I'm very sorry and surprised about your Restaurant experience. I will be talking to the Chefs and Servers about this. I would like to check out the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay.
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went there this past Friday, March 14th and stayed at the Champagne Towers. Hubby and I were very pleased. The first thing we saw upon entering the room was the huge champagne glass. The heart shaped pool is amazing and warm! The room has it's private sauna as well and massage table which I did not know before booking. I was surprised with the breakfast buffet. We thought it was going to be kind of cheap, but they had pancakes, omelets, waffles, oatmeal, toast, fresh orange juice, bacon, sausage. The Mt. Airy casino is literally one mile up the road. We will go again soon.

1 Thank Yasmin A
Thanks, Yasmin A! See you soon.
Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We just got back from a 2 night stay in the diana oasis room and it was a wonderful time! I was a little hesitant as to what to expect after reading a lot of negative reviews of paradise stream, but everything definitely exceeded our expectations! The room was amazing, very clean and updated, jacuzzi and fireplace and pool were all amazing! It was the perfect place to re-connect as a couple and have a romantic time!
The food definitely exceeded my expectations - I will admit that some of the dinner options seemed really weird to me but I got the salmon the first night and it was REALLY good, and the short ribs the next night were also delicious. The veggies seemed like they might need to be cooked longer but aside from that everything was great. There was tons of dessert options but we went with the sundae bar both nights and it was sooo good! Breakfasts were great too - you could choose from just about anything imaginable! Lunch is not included but since breakfast is all you can eat we found that if you filled up on breakfast and then have some snacks in your room there really isn't any need to buy lunch anyways.
At 10pm they have a late night snack in the bar, we didn't eat these either night but I noticed the second night we were there the snack was HOT DOGS......to me hot dogs are a kids food and since this is a couples resort I really think they should be able to get some snacks that are a little better than hot dogs......yuck!
Our first day we didn't partake in any of the activities going on and the "entertainment" that night didn't interest us, but the second day we participated in most of the games and Rachel our cXo was great and made things really fun. Thursday night there was a beer tasting which was awesome (and i'm not even a beer drinker), and after that there was a game called "are you smarter than your spouse" which was fun to play. The day we left I noticed the entertainment was going to be a comedian which I was sad to miss out on!
The only part that sucked about this trip was that it was too cold out to do any outdoor activities. There is a horseback riding place right next door and we would have loved to go riding but it was just wayy too cold for that.
There's an outlet mall nearby which we went to and got some amazing deals, we also checked out "the pocono cheesecake factory" and picked up some yummy cheesecake there. We went to "the haunted candle shop" which had some interesting things but the candles seemed very overpriced to me, we took the tour of the basement at the candle shop and it was very over-priced as well. We also went to the casino down the road as well.
Overall I think this place might be more fun in the summer just because we like to do outdoor activities, but we really did have an enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Make sure to book the Diana Oasis room! Bring your own duralogs for the fireplace and bubblebath for...
1 Thank BananaDetective85
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I love this line... "It was the perfect place to re-connect as a couple and have a romantic time!" So happy you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your review with our Chefs and CXOs. We hope to welcome you back when it gets warmer!
East Islip, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I love coming to this place. The accommodations are nice and the food is very good. The staff is also helpful and friendly. I have a few of suggestions: First, please fix the bear at the entrance; he is so sad looking and he is the first thing you notice upon entering the grounds. Second, some of the welcome mats at the suite doors are in DESPERATE need of replacement; since this is one's first impression of their room, and for such a cheap aesthetic fix, they really should be replaced. Third, I went on the room tour and the first thing I noticed was the very worn outdoor carpeting upon entering the suites by the lake, and, one of the outside columns was in desperate need of repair. Fourth, also on the room tour, the second set of rooms I was brought to had a walkway that is in desperate need of paint.

I will definitely be back to your resort in the near future; as I've stated, I love it, but PLEASE take notice of the few things that your guests notice and repair them. It gives a sense to the gust, especially someone's first visit, that the place might be "going under" because these "easy fixes" are not being tended to.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your loyalty and your feedback. I have already discussed your suggestions with our Maintenance Manager and we will be reviewing it at our next Manager meeting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!