“Weekend honeymoon getaway- Loved it”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Magnolia, New Jersey
“Weekend honeymoon getaway- Loved it”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I went this past weekend and stayed two nights in a Diana Oasis room. We had some trouble initially finding the resort, but after a quick phone call they guided us easily to the location. Upon checking in we showed proof of the wedding and they had chocolates delivered to the room and gave us a discount card we could use for the cafe and gift shop. Our room was clean and we were so excited to see the size of the pool in the room. How can you not like your very own personal pool?! We enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners that were included, especially the steak night, and couldn't have asked for nicer or more thoughtful servers... thank you to Kamal, Jule, Katie, and Kaitlyn. There are so many things to do on the grounds and we enjoyed almost every single one of them. Archery, paddle boats, hiking, basketball, tennis, miniature golf and more kept us busy for the majority of the day. It was pretty quiet and not many of the activities were crowded which we really enjoyed. After reading the other reviews on here we were kind of worried about what we would find there. I think a lot of it is a matter of personal tastes. The bed was too hard for us, but that was our own personal preference. I didn't think the resort was out dated at all. Our room may have been one of the remodeled ones but even the public areas were ok. Maybe things aren't ultra modern but I wouldn't have gotten the impression it was from their website anyway. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely look into returning for another special occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mommy2bjej
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this special occasion with us! And thank you for the excellent rating. We hope you do decide to return to the Land of Love!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I was slightly nervous booking this trip to this particular resort after reading some of the reviews, but there was a great deal on groupon and my fiancé and I wanted to go away for our anniversary, but didn't feel like filing, we wanted somewhere we could drive to. We stayed in the Diana Oasis Suite.
With that being said we arrived and Donna, who checked us in was really great. She was nice, friendly, explained everything to us including nearby things to do and all the amenities of the resort. She really made us feel welcomed. We went to our room to get everything situated and unpacked before dinner, we arrived around 2:30pm and wanted to sit and relax a little before dinner started at 6pm.
The Room: it definitely had an odor to it. Not sure if someone before had been smoking in it, but it was an odor between smoking and some body odor. We were tired from traveling and decided to just pick up a bottle of air freshner and sprayed the room several times during our stay.
It was a little outdated and could have used a much better cleaning than what was done. It wasn't unbearable, but could use work. The bed is not very comfortable in the slightest. I know the round bed probably seems really cute and different, but for good reason you don't see round beds. The AC was a huge problem. The days we went it was ranging 80 degrees most days and it was quite warm in the room. The AC was located directly next to the front door and stayed in that exact spot. You could not feel the AC passed the front door. Which was unbearable in my opinion especially to sleep. I ended up calling maintenance and they said "that's as good as they blow." This was very disappointing to me, but the guy was nice and he did bring is a fan, however the resort definitely needs to work on replacing the AC units.
The Food: I read lots of reviews regarding bad food. We are breakfast and dinner every day at the restaurant and got lunch room service once. If you are expecting 5 star quality food, you are not going to get it here, however the food is definitely not bad. Could it use some improvement, sure but it was good and the wait staff are great. Everyday they had different options and if you don't like something they will get you something different. Some of our meals were, penne pasta w/ lump crab Alfredo, chicken asiago pasta, pork tenderloin with a red Erin Demi glaze, prime rib. The food I would say would be a 3 start quality. Nothing was terrible. Room service, the food was decent, we got a grilled chicken pesto sandwich and a turkey club. The sandwiches were good however it took almost an hour and a half for us to receive them. Which was disappointing.
During our stay some areas were under construction so we were unable to utilize all parts of the resort, but we do go to the game room which had pool tables(free), arcade games, small gym(free), basketball net(free), racquet ball court(free). However I don't know if the resort has issues with all of their AC, but we we're in the game room with two other couples sitting in the couches, chit chatting and we were all sweating. We asked a janitor about it and he said he "would call maintenance, but that could be a joke", and needless to say we didn't stay long because it was honestly cooler outside at 78 degrees.
We participated in the nightly entertainment at the night club. Which including wine tasting, and some couples related games. It was a fun time and the bartender was great.
Overall we enjoyed ourselves, however not sure whether we would return or not. Possibly if some updates were made to the rooms/resort and definitely not during warm months until they get the AC under control. It was slightly disappointing because they have a program that gives you incentives for multiple stays and we go away usually 2-4 times a year and thought this could be our new spot, but I don't believe so.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katelyn516
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for spending your anniversary with us. We'd love to talk to you about how the Land of Love could be your 'new spot!' Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I purchased a Groupon for this resort to use to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We had a refreshing, enjoyable time away and enjoyed our champagne tower suite very much. Yes, it is an older property that needs updating here and there, but I can see there have been some upgrades made (flat screen TVs on the walls, WiFi was installed in January). All of the staff, from the CXOs to the waiters/waitresses to the front desk, were kind and helpful. They really seem to enjoy working at the resort and that reflects in the service they provide. The food was okay – I was not wowed but it wasn't the worst meal of my life. The breakfast buffet was great and kept us filled all day until appetizers and dinner. The entertainment – 80s band called Weird Science and a comedian – was fantastic. There's a nice mix of indoor and outdoor activities to keep busy. I do think it's a bit pricy for what you get (if you opt for extras here and there it can really add up), and feel for the price of the room they could at least give you a Duraflame log for the fireplace. I'm happy we stayed though, as it was the perfect special occasion getaway for us.

Room Tip: The champagne tower suites are worth the splurge! They are set back further so it's pretty quiet...
2 Thank Kim W
Happy 5th anniversary, Kim W! Thank you for spending it with us. And thank you for your feedback.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wanted to get away for my birthday and I chose this place amongst many others. I loved the way our room was set up. It had everything we needed and more. It was private and very peaceful. We stayed in the Villa facing the lake and it was wonderful. The only negative thing I have to say is that the room was very dated and very dusty other than that my boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you're looking to have a good time and have some privacy with your partner or family then I s...
1 Thank Yiya07
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Happy birthday, Yiya07! Thank you for spending it with us.
Colonia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been going on and off for the past 25 years to Paradise Stream. I still enjoy going there, but the rooms could use an update .It still looks the same as the first time we went over 20 years ago! We stay in the Champagne Towers which I feel is the best, especially because of the pool in the room. Everything was clean and neat, except the Champagne glass was very worn on the bottom.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Dinner staff were very nice, but unfortunately food wasn't that good.

I'm sure we will be back at some point, but I hope that things are updated before then.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LMK27, thank you for your feedback. Please know that we are continually making updates and improvements. We hope you return to see them.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'm going to preface this review as usual... I worked in hospitality for a very long time... doing everything from desk to serving to entertainment and my partner currently works in the restaurant industry as a manager. We're very picky when we go out and even pickier when we travel... so we try to be open minded. We booked a 1 night stay at Paradise Stream to get away for our long Memorial Day Weekend.

We arrived early on Sunday Morning and were welcomed with a complimentary upgrade to their best suite, the Champagne Towers. We had originally booked the Diana's Oasis because it looked nice, had a jacuzzi tub and a small pool in the room, but we were told the towers were much better. Our room wasn't going to be ready for awhile, so they offered us breakfast (which I didn't know would be included because it was prior to the check-in time listed). We had a fantastic buffet breakfast with fresh fruit, breakfast meat, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, and if you want, you can order omelets and pancakes. My only gripe about the breakfast buffet (and the bar department in general) were the prices for well drinks. There was a pleasant young drink attendant adjacent to the buffet offering mimosas and Bloody Maries for an additional fee ($5). Now I appreciate the offer, but I can afford better than a $5 dollar hangover drink poured from a handle of bottom-shelf booze that sells for $11.69 down the road. After breakfast, we walked the property to get our bearings and then we played pool in the game room. There was a great barbecue outside for memorial day that was included, so we grabbed some food there for lunch before venturing off to the beautiful indoor pool with two very large hot tubs.

THE ROOM

We got a call around 1pm that our room was ready, so we got our keys and went up to our room. We were very surprised to see how dated it was. I knew it would be a little dated, but this was REALLY dated. The outside of the building was run down and bland. When we opened the door, we were deceived at it's size because there are SO MANY MIRRORS everywhere. The "Champagne Tower" isn't really that big, and was dusted with only what I can hope was bits of ceiling tile. The pool was large, but there were several dead bugs around it. The tiles inside the pool are old and falling apart and not only was the chrome coming out of the fully mirrored wall, but there were several handprints on it as well. Upstairs, the bed was comfortable, but the decor was old. The wallpaper peels off the walls and the shower was very small. When we went to use the champagne tub it had the aforementioned bits of ceiling tile and It took FOREVER to fill up. I'm not gonna lie, as a young couple, the decor and condition of the room made it hard to feel the "romantic" vibe that we were looking for considering it had clearly not been updated since before our conceptions. Had we been discussing the release of next month's blockbuster "Ghostbusters" in 1984, the decor would have been cutting edge.

DINNER
Dinner was fantastic. We had a lovely server and I loved the dessert. They had a toppings bar for your ice cream with fresh whipped cream. We thought it was a dressy place for dinner... so we dressed to the 9s and were disappointed to see others strolling along in jeans and t shirts. We must have misunderstood the dress code.

ENTERTAINMENT:
The live entertainment was subpar. Aside from a second-rate Michael Jackson impersonator performing the same few moves for the better part of ten minutes, there was a nearly acceptable cover band playing hits from the 1950s/60s, until it became apparent that not only were they playing to a track, but the mix was terrible! You could barely hear the guitar.

The drinks took FOREVER to get to our table after we ordered...I ordered a frozen mojito and it was half melted by the time it got to me and there was TOO MUCH SIMPLE SYRUP. I had an upset tummy when I finished it! We watched the "newlywed/not so newlywed" game. It was probably the funniest part of our day.

DAY 2:
When we woke up, we decided to pack up and check out right after breakfast but stay on property. Since we were not thrilled with the condition of the room, we weren't planning on coming back to the room to enjoy it's amenities. We had another great breakfast (the coffee is not great though.. there's a machine in the lobby that makes good coffee. Use that!) and then we checked out. After we checked out we played mini-golf (the mini golf course needs some serious updating... but it was still fun!) and then we went paddle boating. We spent some more time in the indoor pool and then laid outside. We weren't happy that the sodas at the outdoor bar weren't included. You'd think that they would be..... we should have just brought our own! They also don't sell any bottled water outside... which I thought was strange as well. For people who don't drink alcohol and don't want soda, you have to walk back to the front desk to get a disposable water bottle instead of just getting water at the outdoor bar.

All in all, we really enjoyed the pools and activities outdoors but the outdated decor and general small details really put a damper in "the mood". We ended up spending the majority of the time outside doing things. If they updated the rooms, cleaned the vents(there was so much dust and dirt in the pool vents on the ceiling in the indoor pool!) and got some new furniture, it might be more suited for young couples in love... but this place is STUCK IN THE 80S! We payed 400 dollars for 1 night... but found out later that there was a groupon for 200 for a night. 200 sounds about right for this resort... but we definitely overpayed with 400 a night.

I think that this resort is supposed to be a bit... "kitschy" and if you like that, this is totally the place for you. I also think that the lovely pool, wonderful indoor pool/hot tubs and beautiful little pond alone are enough to spend a day outside there! I just think that guests would get more out of the experience if the property was updated and better maintained.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room if you're being upgraded. I believe they have room tours, but they didn'...
1 Thank Kim924
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We appreciate your feedback, Kim924. We will be discussing it at our next Managers' meeting.
Drums, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived early Friday morning and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Our room was ready at 11 am. We stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple suite. The room was perfect. The heart shaped tub was awesome! Our private pool was the perfect temperature. I was iffy before we arrived if I would enjoy this but my husband and I used it many times. We did activities with Aaron and he was a great guy. Played Bingo with others and enjoyed a fabulous dinner! Dinner was great both evenings and entertainment was great. I look forward to going back.miss it already!

2 Thank Candice P
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We love your review, Candice P! Great profile picture too! I'll be sure to share your feedback with CXO Aaron and our Chefs! See you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!