“Honeymoon”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I went to this resort for our honeymoon and out was absolutely amazing.We were upgraded to the champagne tower suite for free (which most people had negative reviews over the outdated look of the room..but honestly I didn't care I liked it). The maid staff were absolutely on top of their services (even though we didn't need them), the food was phenomenal and the dining hall was in my opinion 4 stars..we're young and we still found the activities top be fun and enjoyable..we couldn't stop laughing :)... everyone was friendly and attentive and we had an amazing time..I realize there are negative reviews and everyone it's entitled to their own opinion but if you keep an open mind and don't take too much stock in what a wall might look like then you'll have an amazing time.:)

2  Thank 805ambers
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We love honeymooners! Thank you for sharing this very special occasion with us! And thank you for this wonderful review. <3

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We decided to stay at Paradise Stream for 2 nights for our first anniversary. We were very excited based on the pictures that we saw on the site. After reading a number of reviews I got a little nervous and decided to call ahead to ensure that the room was clean and that everything was in order. We stayed in the Champagne Tower RM#424. The following outlines my experience:

Location:-
The resort is located in a quiet neighborhood with lots of trees and a stream running around and the property. Very calm and relaxing.

Room:-
The room was a little smaller than how it appears in the pictures, but very nice. I don't think it needs to be bigger. The pool was clean and the filter was working properly. The sauna was very easy to use and had a timer on it. Although the suite seemed clean, I used Lysol to clean the entire room, Jacuzzi and bathroom and only saw a very little dirt. So I give them a thumbs up for cleanliness. The Champagne Tower Jacuzzi was an excellent touch to our experience. Very specious for the both of us. There are two A/C units in the room. The one in the bedroom works very good, however the one in the sitting area didn't blow as cold, however it wasn't a big deal.

Breakfast:-
This was average. They had a buffet however they made accommodations for omelettes and pancakes from the kitchen, if you did not like what was on the buffet line.

Dinner:-
Dinner was horrible. Food had no taste and the menu was, limited. The meat was over cooked and the steamed vegetables were overcooked and saggy. They need to get another chef. This Chef has no idea about cooking. I could have done a better job in the kitchen. I could not eat the food. Its a good thing we were only there for 2 nights. We ate the rolls provided, salad and soup and drank plenty juice. Don't order the apple juice or fruit punch. when we saw it, we could not bring our selves to taste them, the fruit punch looked like cool aide.

Activities:-
The activities seemed ok for an older crowd. We were one of the youngest couples there and we are in out 30s. I think for the location and property they can build on having some more activities that is more appealing to a younger more diverse crowd.

Overall it was a good experience. The place was a little boring so we stayed in most of the time. The room was more fun than the property. For now, I don't think we would go back anytime soon. If we were to go back, we would not do the all inclusive back, just the room only and walk with food.

Room Tip: If possible, do not dine there. Take your own food or dine out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy anniversary, newlyweds! Thank you for sharing your experience. I will be sharing your review with our chef.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a midweek trip celebrating our 5 year anniversary! We went into the trip with an open mind, after reading some of the negative reviews. To us, we just wanted to connect and be together, with the romantic ambiance a perk. This stay went WELL beyond our expectations. The dinner on one of the nights was not impressive at all, a lobster cream sauce pasta-very thick and creamy, didn't find any lobster, tasted like glorified mac and cheese, and my husband's prime rib was fatty, and something I was glad I didn't order. The following night the dinner was DELICIOUS, breaded chicken, I got the sauce on the side, my husband got the salmon, when we complimented the waitress, she said they were all saying that, even the presentation was pretty with an edible flower on out plates that WAS NOT wilted. She also said the head chef was cooking that night, and it was apparent. Too bad he didn't cook every night. The third night, we drove to Pocono Palace, the sister resort for dinner, and it was very delicious. We both had the flank steak that was a large portion, very tasty, very gourmet. We were so happy with the meal. Even the potatoes were crispy and seasoned. I was raised by an excellent cook, my mother, so it has made me somewhat of a foodie. My husband had ice cream, which was hand dipped, compared to the frozen machine stuff at the Paradise Stream, (PS), and I had a chocolate cake with fruit in it, was so decadent and delicious. The green beans were perfectly crisp.. mmmmm.. the meal made up for the half hour wait to be seated, we arrived on a Thursday night at about 7:15. Walking into PS we got seated right away all the time. I enjoyed the yogurt bar, with strawberries when they had them at PS and I found the potatoes and eggs very good in the morning.
Now, on to the entertainment. The first night we didn't know what to expect, there was a man playing songs, who had a decent voice with his guitar, not many people in there at all. We missed the magician, as we had a late dinner the first night. The second night we played a form of the newlywed game with Aaron, and he was an AWESOME CXO. He made the game SOOO fun. We also had a fun loving crowd, and it was very enjoyable. I would go back to PS for the entertainment by him! The last night, we didn't stay long there was a woman doing some singing, and it looked fun, but not many people again. We were at Pocono Palace a little longer than expected that night, we did a room tour of the Roman Towers, and the Fantasy apple rooms. What I will say is that EVERY person employed by this place is super nice, accommodating, fun, informative, and truly seem to enjoy their jobs. They all deserve a raise! We debated between this and an all inclusive in Mexico. We are so happy we went with this. NO worry about getting sick from the food or water, no language barrier.
We didn't understand if maid service was included, so we had to make our own bed and use old towels on our anniversary, which was a little disappointing. We asked the next day at the front desk how that worked, and she apologized, and said it should have been done. Personally, I felt that she should have right away offered some kind of perk, free drink in lounge, something.. I had to ask for it, and then she did hand us the coupons for free champagne, bubble bath, photo album, fire log. We appreciated that. I noticed a little dust/dirt in corner of bathroom and in the pool area, glass could have used cleaning. But it was nothing that was super gross or disgusting. The rooms seemed quiet. We didn't hear anything, and actually we were a little nervous that people may have heard us.. but we didn't get any knocks on the door or wall, so all was good!
We found the outdoor activities to be fun, and low key. We played a round of mini golf, the course needs updated, but we loved that tackiness of it. Aren't all mini golf courses tacky?? The archery was challenging, swimming pool relaxing and pretty under the trees with birds chirping. The indoor hot tub swimming pools are dated, but we again loved the atmosphere and waterfall. The water is very warm and relaxing.
Our room, was very exciting. What fun can be had with mirrors all the way around, twinkle lights on the ceiling like stars, (I left mine on all night), a private swimming pool, (Yes, there is a first for everything), a fireplace that can be enjoyed in the pool or from your bed, if you move the chair. The shower is large and has a double head.
There are very nice walking paths that go along streams, and small waterfalls. My husband was jogging one morning and saw a momma deer with her fawns.
There is an outlet mall not far away, we went for a little while. We didn't want to spend time shopping, and be away from the resort for too long. We also stopped at Cherry Creek winery our first day there. The bartender was very nice and fun.
While the property might be viewed as dated, or tacky, it was those things that made it fun for us. The heart signs when walking in, and innuendo found all around, really help to create a mood of romance and fun. If you are coming here expecting the Ritz Carlton, you will not get that. However, if you want to add some spice, connect with your lover, relax and get away from it all while having good old fashioned fun, this is the place. We can't wait to return, and plan on doing it as soon as we can!

Room Tip: We loved our room, Diana's Oasis at Paradise Stream, it had plenty to keep us busy. I would al...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy 5 years!! Love your review headline! Thank you for your feedback. See you next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

1st day here waiter at dinner ignored us and took care of other guests. Hotel puts a 75 dollar hold for incidentals but when I ordered room service the refused to use it and insisted on cash. Called the front desk to complain and they said they would get right back to me but ignored the situation and did nothing. They also advertise unlimited food for breakfast and dinner but was only given 1 rib for Saturday dinner. They don't understand the meaning of service.

6  Thank David S

I am saddened to read your review, David S. We pride ourselves on customer service and I would love the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I went here for our 1 year anniversary, which is actually June 25, but we had to go early due to his sea dates, he’s in the navy, but any who lol. we went June 18th through the 21st. we arrived wed and when we walked in our room, the Diana’s oasis we were so excited, I screamed lol. at the front desk they gave us a pamphlet called a hot spot, which u get every morning at breakfast, and it looked so fun. They pretty much plan out your day, there is always something to do just in case., you don’t have to do everything but it was nice to have a plan starting off the day. We noticed the person hosting most of everything was names Rachel and she was THE BOMB!! So much fun! So awesome. She deserves a raise lol. she works so hard day to night and keeps a happy smile on her face and keeps everyone in a great mood. She is so down to earth. I would totally hang out with her outside of that place lol. the music is great, u can request songs. The breakfast was great, however the potatoes could be a little better lol. and dinner was ok, the first couple nights were pretty good but the buffet the last night was terrible! Lol. sorry guys. I hated everything. Some stuff is just too fancy for me lol. but I love the atmosphere of dining and service. There is a separate person who takes drink orders, we had a guy and idk his name but he was very cool and nice. The beds are kind of hard. The café food is overpriced and fires taste over fried. If the food was better I would probably say 5/5 hands down. Such a fun place. Next time I would love to go to the champagne tower, we put in at least 5 tickets to win it I hope we do!! Or at least get to go once they’re updated. I totally recommend this place! I had the time of my life. If your thinking about going, STOP and just GOOOOO 

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Happy 1 year anniversary!! Thank you for sharing it with us! And thank you for the review.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I took my wife there the weekend of her birthday from june 7-8. The paradise stream resort was great. Staff were very kind and helpful. Our room was like no other ive ever seen before. Food was also excellent. Also was so much to do on site. To top It off theres a mall 10 minutes away, a shooting range 10 minutes away, and mt airy casino like 3 minutes away. It was a very great weekend and i cant wait to do it again. 5 stars and 2 thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank tomrodriguez86
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We love your awesome review, tomrodriguez86. Thanks!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The staff is very helpful and friendly. A good variety of activities are available throughout the day and evening. Entertainment in the evening was very good. Indoor/outdoor pools and jacuzzis available 24 hours a day. Restaurant and lounge decor is very modern. However, the rooms could use a little updating. We stayed in Lakeside Villa. They are situated on The shoreline of Lake Eden and resemble stand alone "Italian cabins". We definitely liked this feature vs a standard hotel of rooms joined together. Dinner and breakfast are included and the food is good, however, cocktails are extra. Champagne is served with dinner which is a limited menu. My wife and I planning on returning for our anniversary and possibly upgrading to the champagne towers or spending a few extra days in the Villa.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review. You would love the Champagne Tower, Dkaz961!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!