“Nice Getaway for Couples”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Before arriving at the Paradise Stream, I was uneasy as I had read many negative reviews. What I can say is a lot of the reviews are overly dramatic and not that bad. I will go into as much detail about the resort as I can and hope that you find this review useful. I stayed 3 days, 2 nights in the Champagne Tower Suites.

GROUNDS/LOBBY
It's a very beautiful area, it's well kept up and spacious. The only issue is that for majority of the rooms you will need to drive back and forth as it's a pretty long walk. If the weather is nice (not raining, not too hot) you can walk but otherwise you're going to be using your car to go back and forth. The lobby is nice and the staff are welcoming. The dining rooms are nice (be sure to read my food review below), and the nightclub/bar is nice, big, but needs to be renovated (For god-sake, the carpet says ART DECO).

ACTIVITIES
There is actually a lot to do in here, if what you have in your room doesn't keep you busy (pool & jacuzzi) then they do run activities throughout the day which are actually fun and gets you socializing with people. Unfortunately many guests don't do these which is a shame. Besides the games run by the resort during the day you can partake in archery, basketball, fishing, paddle boats, tennis, nature walks, bocce, shuffleboard, and a full game room with ping pong, air hockey, and arcade games. A few things are dated, some of the arcade games will eat your tokens and need some maintenance, the archery needs to be adjusted as someone can get hurt as they basically give you arrows and a bow and let you on your merry way. At night they have performances and couples (sometimes R-Rated) game show type games that are absolutely awesome to watch and participate in. I found that a lot of the couples at the resort didn't go to these and missed out because it's a really underrated experience. For the activities I really commend CXO Aaron who does a great job with all this.

ENTERTAINMENT
At night the club either has a magician, band, or comedian to entertain the guests. Sometimes they are good but sometimes they aren't as enjoyable. Some of bands are aimed towards the older guests so you'll have a band playing hits from Mo-Town while you have couples who are under 40 years old in the room. Still, I recommend seeing the show because you don't know if it’s good or bad unless you watch it and since the show is free you don't really have anything to lose. If it's bad either enjoy yourself in your room or take a quick trip to the casino. The resort will even drive you there! (Last shuttle stops at 11:30pm though).

ROOMS
Although pretty dated (some rooms are getting updated, so I believe there may be a process going on) the rooms are clean and overall pretty well maintained. When people read the reviews about dated rooms they'll assume they're dirty but I assure you it's pretty nice, and I'm a very particular hotel guest. The only issues with the room I have is the amount of light switches, there may have been 10-20 light switches in the room, it takes a few times to get the jig of all the switches. Also the shower is made for someone under 5'8" and who is ridiculously skinny. The shower is "made for 2" but unless you're a midget, you're going to be showering alone. (I saw an updated room, and the shower is bigger so this only pertains to the room I was in).

FOOD
Now if I had to base my review solely on food, not sure if there is an actual scale this could be graded on. I read previous reviews about the food being bad but honestly thought maybe people expected too much. I had dinner the first night and almost went into a coma because of how much salt was in my dinner. It honestly tasted and looked like dog food. Rather than having simple but good items on the menu they go with a small menu with over complicated dishes that I believe there chef isn't at the level to execute. The breakfast buffet is decent as it's very difficult to mess up breakfast items. On our second morning there was an obviously molded strawberry in the buffet which means they are not paying attention to detail when setting up the buffet. Since lunch is not included you can go to the "Spooners Cafe" which is next to the game room for some pizza, burgers, mozzarella sticks, etc... , the food is not that much better there. There's only 1 lady working and she takes an order and cooks it so you wait for it. I ordered a plain cheese pizza and this thing was atrocious, I didn't even finish it. The mozzarella sticks were good because they were pre-packaged and fried to order (hard to mess up). Honestly I stopped eating at the resort and went to Mount Airy Casino for dinner (1 mile away and 1 stoplight away) where the options are a lot better and better tasting.

DRINKS
Alcoholic drinks are pretty expensive at the resort for the area. They are well made but just expensive. We went to a local bar and paid $4 for a drink that cost $10 at the resort. The resort should give guests the option to purchase an alcoholic package that allows them to drink for free for their stay. As this is an all-inclusive resort, they should implement this.

OVERALL
I will 100% be revisiting the Paradise Stream, I had a great time and met some great people. Besides the food I really did enjoy myself. I actually spent more time outside of my room than in it and that was a complete surprise. I highly suggest you take everything this resort has to offer when you stay here, because you will miss out on a lot.

Besides commendations for Aaron above, I'd also like to point out other Paradise Stream employees whos work stuck out positively for me. Jamelda (front desk) and Bill (driver).

Room Tip: The Champagne Tower is completely worth it. The water pressure to fill up the Jacuzzi is a bit poor...
3  Thank RGD86
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

So happy to hear you be back, RGD86! We appreciate your detailed review and will be sharing it with our Team. Please note that PA state law doesn't allow for us to include alcohol in our packages. If this changes, we will visit the possibilities. Thanks again and see you next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We are enjoying our stay at this resort. Our room have a private pool and jacuzzi, a round bed, fireplace, living room 2 tvs, sound system and ac.
Theys have lots of activities here on location. Plus you are less than 5 minutes from Mt. Airy Casino.
I recommend this for a couples getaway.
Every room here is totally private. I only see people around when you go to the clubhouse or an activity. So guess what everyone is doing......
Go therr you'll have a great time with your partner or spouse.
Recommended 5 stars

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Happy 24th anniversary, jfutcher! Thank you for the recommendation and the excellent rating! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Everything was great! From the activities, cleanliness, food, customer service, and the rooms omg!! Very gay friendly, which I was worried about. It is my second time staying here and I can't wait to book again. Our first stay I wasn't sure what to expect since it was mid winter. I usually think of the tropics for a vacation., but we took the risk and booked for three days. We stood in the Diane's room and it was amazing, your own room pool with a fire place and a jacuzzi, it was 0 degree out, it was perfect! We went snowmobiling, and hiking which was free! The resort has daily couples activities which keeps you busy and entertained! There is car service that can take you to local places like the CASINO that's also free! The food is also included, you get breakfast and dinner, it was delicious. I did not want to go back home. We ended up staying for three more days! It was so good we booked for a second time. This time in July for our 2nd year anniversary for three days and picked the champagne room. The word WOW just isn't enough! The room was amazing! From the champagne tower jacuzzi, to our own heart shaped pool, to the bed! The cleanliness was amazing. The staff remembered us and treated us like family. The couples activities were lots of fun in which we found the missing turtle! The outdoor pool, indoor pool, hot tub, volley ball, archery, row boat, bike riding and I can keep on and on! We ended up staying for four more days this time! We can't thank paradise stream enough for this experience! I sure recommend this place to any couple! We will be back paradise stream!!

Room Tip: The champagne rooms are to die for!
1  Thank Jo053184
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Happy 2nd anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us! And thank you for the awesome review. See you next time.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Love this hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the indoor/outdoor pools were clean and relaxing, the staff was super friendly/fun/helpful, the food was delicious and the rooms were clean and tidy. A Definate MUST STAY!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty good. We've stayed in the Champagne Tower room and the Fantasy Apple S...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JessicaPolli

Thank you, JessicaPolli!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

me and my boyfriend came here to the paradise stream resort for his bday!! we think it was great and only stayed for 2 days we didn't want to leave. everyone was very professional and very nice and polite. our room was amazing we had a lot of fun. also in the night club the band was very nice and talented. we did a few activities that were also very nice. Also before I forget the food was very good too :) despite of what other people think and say about this resort I think they are just haters. to me and my boyfriend the place was great :) !!!!!!..

Room Tip: garden of eden apple great room!
5  Thank jady r
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

This is what we love to hear, jady r! Thank you!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in mid-June and found everything to be as promised in the promotional advertisements. Upgraded to Apple room and were totally pleased with the immaculate cleanliness of everything. In room pool was perfect temp, cleanliness and somewhat spacious. The in room hot tub was as powerful and refreshing as any we had ever experienced. The public hot tubs area has to be seen to be believed, a totally great experience. Meals were of high quality. Would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: If your room style is not ready for early check in, ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stanley W
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Love your headline, Stanley W! Thank you for the amazing review. See you next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I don't know how anyone gave this place a decent review. We had to wait until 6:30 and I asked for a manager until we got our room. The room stunk heavily of cigarette smoke, no one ever mentioned it was a smoking room at any point- and I have asthma. The room was also filthy. Couldn't even use the "lake view" balcony because it was covered in cigarette butts and debris and so buggy you would be eaten alive. The shower was so gross I had to wear flip flops in it. The sheets were stained. The dinner buffet was so bad that we couldn't even eat there the second night though we paid for it with the room. We instead drove to the casino for food, and also spent most of the day there since all the "activities" at the resort involved broken down and cheap equipment. Then, before we left, we found out our credit card had been charged an additional $181 that no one told us about. The girl at the desk had even handed us a sheet of paper that stated $0.00 balance due at check in when we got there. We had been tipping everyone because we didn't know we had payed a blanket 18% gratuity ahead of time. That's just deceitful. Safe to say that this was the worst place I have ever stayed. I don't know how they are open or why anyone would go here. I'm so depressed I wasted my money and my weekend. If you have any standards, do not go here.

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank CandiceSNY
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We are very sorry you feel this way, CandiceSNY. We would be happy to discuss your stay with you. We'd also like to check out the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!