“Romantic gateway and the Hotel Staff is simply Great!”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First, this is a romantic gateway spot for couples only, the room provides all the luxury for you to enjoy your time with a significant other.

Second, the hotel provides all the amenities of a large resort, but it is still a tiny place with limitations.

Third, it is not a luxurious place but it provides a nice spot for one or two nights to get out of town and ignite the love with your partner.

Now, the hotel is attempting to provide an inclusive approach to Poconos gateway. What they are lacking are number of people that visit. We visited on a weekday and my estimate is that there were 24 to 28 couples staying at the entire resort. Weekend may be much more busy.

The hotel provides a free transportation (on call service - which is great) to a nearby, Mount Airy casino which is literally only 5 minute drive. The hotel provides you a phone number to call, and they never miss a beat - pick up at the first or two rings, and the driver is outside within 5 to 10 minutes (may be it was a weekday). We did not try their food only because of not positive reviews.

I do want to mention their amenities. We have stayed at 5 start resorts like (Greenbrier) or 4 star resorts like (Homestead in Hot Springs, VA). They all charge extra for activities. However, Paradise Stream provides you all outside activities (except horse riding) free of cost. We did rowing and archery. They have very nice equipment and it works. However, I do want to mention - that row and paddle boats are in POND not a lake. They can call it whatever they like ocean, bay, water-front, or a lake. But it is a pond. I suggested to the general manager to change the wording of "lake" on the website to a something else. But do not create unexpected expectations.

Now, if you are thinking about using their bikes - forget it. No one does! because they want you to ride in a small parking lot. Really!

They do have a nice spa and a very nice gift shop. They also have a restaurant, night club, theater, comedy club, a bar, and in-door/out-door pool. Nightly entertainment is held there. We enjoyed the comedy show - it was nice. The resort also has a "entertainment host" who does activities and we participated in one the trivia. It was fun. During one of the activities they had snacks and the party held by the resort (which I think is every night).

LASTLY, the hotel is really trying hard to make sure everyone leaves happy. In the lobby they have a nice coffee machine, free popcorn in the game room (where indoor pool is located).

Rooms: We stayed a Diana Suites. The room needs NO improvement. This is their second best suite. I also saw their Champagne Suites. It is old but very nice and extremely large with a sauna. Champagne room also has a heart shape indoor pool. The only problem with the Diana Suite is that there is no seating inside the pool. It has a fireplace which is probably amazing in the winter time. However, we only used the pool for 10 minutes because of this seating problem (how long can you stand), but the jacuzzi (hot tub) is right across from your bed, which is perfect. In a champagne room, the swimming pool is on the main floor (but it has seating unlike Diana Suite room). I like Diana Suite better - my wife like the Champagne room better. Champagne room also has a massage table.

Worse part about the resort - T.V channels (you can order a movie just like any other hotel) but the free channels are very limited they should include HBO or other movie channels free of cost.

Bed was amazing. Staff was great. Entertainment was good. We were there for our 10th anniversary. We will go back there for our 11th. Patty is the general manager and very receptive to concerns.

Room Tip: Ask my wife: Champagne room Ask me: Diana Suite
2  Thank mwchass
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Happy 10th anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us. See you for the 11th.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me n my girlfriend spend 3 days at Paradise Stream! Place is great for relaxing. Front desk ppl are very Nice. Especially lady who served at our dinner, her name was Tory( Victoria) , she did really great job for surprising my Girl friend's B'day cake, and always has great smile! We Thank You Tory again! Overall, it's great place for weekend getaway. We Hoped to see you guys again!

Room Tip: Diana Suite
1  Thank luugyi l
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We hope to see you again too, luugyi!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from the PS Resort, We arrived early so of course our room wasn't ready so we went to the dining room where there is an all u can eat breakfast buffet. food was delicious and if you don't see it on the buffet , ask your server and they will be happy to cook it for you . Since we don't eat pork , they prepared Turkey bacon and sausage and Egg Cheese Omelette for us.The Staff is Fantastic , very Friendly and will go beyond with no hesitation. Now we are off to our room...By the way, I asked if they had anything special for a us and guess what? we got it ! We booked the Jacuzzi suite and they gave us a Free upgrade to the Diana Oasis (Its no harm in asking ) This room was very nice with a private pool area and sauna in the bedroom with a round bed. Mattress was very comfortable , however,The furniture needs to be updated. Stains on the chairs and stains on the carpet that did'nt look suitable, we couldn't look out the window to catch a view of the outdoors because there was a noisy A/C unit sitting in the window. I figured it was free so I shouldn't complain, But they should get chairs with waterproof fabric due to the rooms having pools. And for those who travel with expensive valuables , there is no safe in the rooms. " The Resort is Not responsible for your valuables, and because of this , we didn't want any cleaning, we just asked for towels to be delivered , The bathrooms is nice and spacious with shower and seating. Now off to dinner ...It was delicious , the steak with mushrooms and potatoes OMG and dessert ..I have no complaints and if you want more, don't be shame, I wasn't . Again marvelous Staff . Serving was excellent .Thank you All...now the entertainment . Magician was more funny than magic but hey, laughing is good for the soul , The bands were nice . The only thing about this resort is by 10:30 it seems that everything and everyone is shutting down, even during the entertainment people were leaving . If you like hanging out and dancing, Beware , they turn in early at this place, to me its kind of laid back and quiet . we didn't use the outdoor pool , but its very small The gym lights are controlled by a sensor. I was on the treadmill and the lights went out . So whomever came up with this idea , I don't think was wise. I was in alone and It was not comfortable doing my daily workout in a dark gym . Hope this review helps those of you who are considering going to the Poconos , we didn't visit the other resorts because its 45 min. away but I must say we did have a nice time ...Thank you PPS

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy anniversary! We appreciate your feedback and will be checking out the gym. Happy to hear you had a nice time and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I took my boy friend to paradise Stream Resort to check the Pocono Cliche off my bucket list. We are over 60 and I was surprised to see couple of all ages, colors and shapes. Our room had all the kitschy things you could hoe for..your own pool, heart shaped bath tub, round bed, mirrors everywhere..it was classic.
we had a drink at the bar but did nor see the show. There was nice lake with paddle boats that looked like lots of fun. The miniature golf was crude. We also never made it to the gift shop..my boy friend is very conservative and he was very surprised by this hotel! He did rise to the occasion however and it was just great fun.
Every couple shoud really do this at least once!

Room Tip: The Diana Room was classic Poconos but I would have preferred the rooms with the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dianegsff

Great headline! So happy you had fun. We hope you come back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent my Birthday at Paradise stream in garden of Eden apple room. The room was clean but could use some updating. Great to have a pool and sauna. We enjoyed breakfast and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Happy birthday! Thank you for spending it with us. See you soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been to the Pocono Resorts (formerly Ceasars) so many time we are GOLD Forever Lovers. Bigger discounts and many more freebies. We stayed at Paradise Stream June 29 to July 1. We were in the champagne towers. It is a little cheesy but fun. It truly needs updating but there is so much in the rooms. 3 floors, activities like archery, bingo, happy hours, etc. Food is always excellent. Very quiet. The outdoor surroundings are beautiful. You never have to leave resort. Bring your own alcohol. You cannot bring it into bar or restaurant but have it in your room and walk around resort with it. Bar tends to be a bit pricey. Staff is always above average.

Room Tip: Champagne Towers and Garden of Eden Apple have pools in rooms. Diana's Oasis is the most up-dat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We love our Gold Forever Lovers, linjmit. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although things have changed somewhat, Paradise Streams remains the smallest and coziest of the Cove Haven resorts! Always room at the pool! The Lakeside Villas are the least expensive accomodations, yet have a private porch overlooking the lake...we bring food for the ducks and geese! Mid-week stays are reasonably priced!

Room Tip: Centrally located lakeside villas allow for easy access parking...Apples and Champagne towers have a...
2  Thank origtcyn1
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for the excellent rating, origtcyn1. We hope to welcome you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!