“One would think a room with a jacuzzi would include hot water for that jacuzzi or at least fix the problem.”

Paradise Stream Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we went for honeymoon, we had been there before and we knew what to expect, outdated rooms, bose stereo system that doesn't really work and so so food...
but the decor & food is not what we go for, we go to enjoy each others company, the personal pool and a champagne jacuzzi tub... initially the first night the pool room & water was cold and the jacuzzi water was cold halfway filling it up. the second night the pool room warmed up and was much better but the jacuzzi water never got hot, it was stayed cold & it really sucked... when we finally did make the call to the front desk the reply was, "i'll find Tom and then we never heard from them again." what a disappointment.
we really missed having the breakfast in bed but the food was definitely decent this time...
after we returned home I contacted them and the manager went above and beyond to help make the situation easier to handle... so even though the initial stay wasn't great, and you can't really redo honeymoon- we certainly are going to try!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank psycho67
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you so much for spending this very special occasion with us. We are so sorry it was less than perfect. We can't wait until you return to experience Pocono Palace the way it should be experienced. Great photo!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We just came home from a great weekend at Paradise Stream. Great room with Jacuzzi, fireplace and a pool. Loved it.
Want to send out kudos to our dinner server on Saturday night Meena and to the chef. My fiance didn't really like anything on the menu...we asked if there was possibly something else the chef could make. Meena went asked the chef if he would do that and he said yes. My fiance got 2grilled chicken breast with rice and green beans. That was very cool of him to do that.
The only complaint is this..the extremely low toilets. Seriously wondered if they were only for people 4'2" and under. Me being 5'9" u could understand my dilemma. My knees were up to my chest when sitting down. Try to get up from being that close to the floor without any leverage, lets just say not very easy.
Other than that we had a great time the staff was awesome and we will definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the kudos, kimg713! We'll be sure to share your review with our Team Members. See you next time! <3

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We have been going to PS for years we tried Cove Haven but liked the staff friendliness better
At PS until this visit. The CXO's in the past were very friendly, Merle was the best. He treated everyone like family didn't matter if it was your 50th time or your first. Wow what a change now! We have never ever been told to that we had to move, but We had been sitting at a table listening to the band when they took a break Aaron asked my husband if he was playing he said no we were just going to watch. Aaron then proceeded to invite the guys to our table and told my husband to move.. Seriously !!! This could have been handled much differently by at the beginning of the night before anything started and he was standing next to us telling a guess that even if he is in a bad mood he has to put on a smile to get through. Aaron could have said we will be playing a game later would you mind moving if you are not going to play until the game is over then you can come back for the band. But no he just said you have to move . We have sat there previously when games were played and they just used the next table where somebody was playing. The next day he was talking to CXO Rachel about it and said I miss Merle so Rachel told him if he missed his buddy that bad then go to another resort where he is. Wow!! Telling a Guest to go somewhere else. Because of the rudeness of these two we did not go to the night club nor did we participate in any activities for our entire stay.We checked out the suites at the Casino because since we don't want to put up with the treatment we got from these two CXO's and now that anyone could pay $25 to use the facilities if we wanted to use the
pool we could just pay the fee.
It is really a shame that these two ruined our stay it had been a very tough year and we needed this vacation.thank goodness for the Casino. Don't get me wrong you have some really great people who could probably do a much better job then Aaron and Rachel because they have been there for awhile and remember that guest service is the most important thing to bring guest back . ( The Disney institute has a training class for companies and it is really worth the money. ) I want people to know that this review is based on the two CXO's and not the rest of the staff. However there are still many other things that have changed that need to changed back but this review is long enough. I doubt that we will be back.. I want a resort for couples.. With anyone being allowed by paying a fee or allowing groups giving it a convention type feel . If I want a hotel and not a resort I will stay at a hotel. Last year we stayed 9 days this year I wanted to leave the 2nd night. We made sure to let those that gave us excellent service know how much we appreciated their kindness and I would name them but I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. The food also needs to be addressed it wouldn't be so bad if you went to diner and didn't see anything you liked you used to be able to get something from the cafe but now they close during the week at 7 and there is no room service afterwards. Don't know about anyone else but I sometimes like a late night snack when I do get to go to the nightclub. I usually do not write bad reviews but I was so floored by our treatment from Aaron and Rachel I just couldn't let it go.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank 7,301

I am so sorry to hear this about our CXOs. They genuinely love what they do and they love entertaining our guests. Please know that I will be speaking to them as this is not the way they have been trained. We would love the opportunity to speak to you about this. Please email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good time and number to reach you.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay for my fiancés birthday. We checked in and staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept. The lounge, game room and rooms look as if they were last updated in the 80's but it was nice. When we first arrived in the room we were impressed. You never had to leave the room with a heated pool and jacuzzi right there. We went straight to the heated pool and started to relax. We noticed a white film in the pool tiles and when we leaned on the pool tiles, white slime came off and started floating in the pool. There were clumps of it around the whole pool. We quickly jumped out and showered off. When in the shower there was mold and mildew in the tiles. The shower heads had brown film and looked as if they haven't been cleaned in months. The bathroom vent was caked with dust. We went to dinner and we were disappointed with the food. The chicken was dry and the soup was cold. No biggie. We still tried to make the best of it. We headed to the casino and had a great time. When we came back we filled up the jacuzzi tub and relaxed. Once it drained we noticed mold/mildew in the jets. We were so disappointed. We paid a lot if money and expected at least a clean room, if nothing else. We made staff aware and they offered us champagne. We declined. This uncleanliness is expected in a $59 a night room. Not a $300 a night room.

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Mazzio78

I am very disappointed to read this review and our Housekeeping Manager has already spoken to her team about this. This is not how we trained out team and not the standard that's expected. We are very sorry and would like to speak to you about your stay. Please email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

First, this is a romantic gateway spot for couples only, the room provides all the luxury for you to enjoy your time with a significant other.

Second, the hotel provides all the amenities of a large resort, but it is still a tiny place with limitations.

Third, it is not a luxurious place but it provides a nice spot for one or two nights to get out of town and ignite the love with your partner.

Now, the hotel is attempting to provide an inclusive approach to Poconos gateway. What they are lacking are number of people that visit. We visited on a weekday and my estimate is that there were 24 to 28 couples staying at the entire resort. Weekend may be much more busy.

The hotel provides a free transportation (on call service - which is great) to a nearby, Mount Airy casino which is literally only 5 minute drive. The hotel provides you a phone number to call, and they never miss a beat - pick up at the first or two rings, and the driver is outside within 5 to 10 minutes (may be it was a weekday). We did not try their food only because of not positive reviews.

I do want to mention their amenities. We have stayed at 5 start resorts like (Greenbrier) or 4 star resorts like (Homestead in Hot Springs, VA). They all charge extra for activities. However, Paradise Stream provides you all outside activities (except horse riding) free of cost. We did rowing and archery. They have very nice equipment and it works. However, I do want to mention - that row and paddle boats are in POND not a lake. They can call it whatever they like ocean, bay, water-front, or a lake. But it is a pond. I suggested to the general manager to change the wording of "lake" on the website to a something else. But do not create unexpected expectations.

Now, if you are thinking about using their bikes - forget it. No one does! because they want you to ride in a small parking lot. Really!

They do have a nice spa and a very nice gift shop. They also have a restaurant, night club, theater, comedy club, a bar, and in-door/out-door pool. Nightly entertainment is held there. We enjoyed the comedy show - it was nice. The resort also has a "entertainment host" who does activities and we participated in one the trivia. It was fun. During one of the activities they had snacks and the party held by the resort (which I think is every night).

LASTLY, the hotel is really trying hard to make sure everyone leaves happy. In the lobby they have a nice coffee machine, free popcorn in the game room (where indoor pool is located).

Rooms: We stayed a Diana Suites. The room needs NO improvement. This is their second best suite. I also saw their Champagne Suites. It is old but very nice and extremely large with a sauna. Champagne room also has a heart shape indoor pool. The only problem with the Diana Suite is that there is no seating inside the pool. It has a fireplace which is probably amazing in the winter time. However, we only used the pool for 10 minutes because of this seating problem (how long can you stand), but the jacuzzi (hot tub) is right across from your bed, which is perfect. In a champagne room, the swimming pool is on the main floor (but it has seating unlike Diana Suite room). I like Diana Suite better - my wife like the Champagne room better. Champagne room also has a massage table.

Worse part about the resort - T.V channels (you can order a movie just like any other hotel) but the free channels are very limited they should include HBO or other movie channels free of cost.

Bed was amazing. Staff was great. Entertainment was good. We were there for our 10th anniversary. We will go back there for our 11th. Patty is the general manager and very receptive to concerns.

Room Tip: Ask my wife: Champagne room Ask me: Diana Suite
2  Thank mwchass
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Happy 10th anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us. See you for the 11th.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me n my girlfriend spend 3 days at Paradise Stream! Place is great for relaxing. Front desk ppl are very Nice. Especially lady who served at our dinner, her name was Tory( Victoria) , she did really great job for surprising my Girl friend's B'day cake, and always has great smile! We Thank You Tory again! Overall, it's great place for weekend getaway. We Hoped to see you guys again!

Room Tip: Diana Suite
1  Thank luugyi l
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We hope to see you again too, luugyi!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from the PS Resort, We arrived early so of course our room wasn't ready so we went to the dining room where there is an all u can eat breakfast buffet. food was delicious and if you don't see it on the buffet , ask your server and they will be happy to cook it for you . Since we don't eat pork , they prepared Turkey bacon and sausage and Egg Cheese Omelette for us.The Staff is Fantastic , very Friendly and will go beyond with no hesitation. Now we are off to our room...By the way, I asked if they had anything special for a us and guess what? we got it ! We booked the Jacuzzi suite and they gave us a Free upgrade to the Diana Oasis (Its no harm in asking ) This room was very nice with a private pool area and sauna in the bedroom with a round bed. Mattress was very comfortable , however,The furniture needs to be updated. Stains on the chairs and stains on the carpet that did'nt look suitable, we couldn't look out the window to catch a view of the outdoors because there was a noisy A/C unit sitting in the window. I figured it was free so I shouldn't complain, But they should get chairs with waterproof fabric due to the rooms having pools. And for those who travel with expensive valuables , there is no safe in the rooms. " The Resort is Not responsible for your valuables, and because of this , we didn't want any cleaning, we just asked for towels to be delivered , The bathrooms is nice and spacious with shower and seating. Now off to dinner ...It was delicious , the steak with mushrooms and potatoes OMG and dessert ..I have no complaints and if you want more, don't be shame, I wasn't . Again marvelous Staff . Serving was excellent .Thank you All...now the entertainment . Magician was more funny than magic but hey, laughing is good for the soul , The bands were nice . The only thing about this resort is by 10:30 it seems that everything and everyone is shutting down, even during the entertainment people were leaving . If you like hanging out and dancing, Beware , they turn in early at this place, to me its kind of laid back and quiet . we didn't use the outdoor pool , but its very small The gym lights are controlled by a sensor. I was on the treadmill and the lights went out . So whomever came up with this idea , I don't think was wise. I was in alone and It was not comfortable doing my daily workout in a dark gym . Hope this review helps those of you who are considering going to the Poconos , we didn't visit the other resorts because its 45 min. away but I must say we did have a nice time ...Thank you PPS

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy anniversary! We appreciate your feedback and will be checking out the gym. Happy to hear you had a nice time and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!