“Wonderful Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
New Jersey
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

My boyfriend had planned a 3 day, 2 night Valentine's Day getaway for the both of us. We live in NJ and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the hotel. We were able to check in around 11:30am which made us happy because we could get to the ski slopes faster. We skied at Jack Frost and Big Boulder since we had free tickets. Both ski resorts were about 1/2 an hour away from the hotel. The room was great....spacious and clean. We had dinner Valentine's night at the Italian restaurant and were pleased with the food and service. We had dinner the next night at the Buffet which was not so good. I think they just need a better variety of foods. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that security was checking ID's ALL the time. We couldn't even walk from the elevators to the doors without getting stopped. I'm 26 and look very young and I understand the need to make sure everyone is of age, but this got on my nerves. I had to make sure I always had my ID with me even though my hand was stamped and I wasn't gambling or drinking during the day. I go to AC all the time since I live close by and have never been asked for ID so many times in any casino or hotel I have stayed at. Everything else was a great experience and will probably return for another ski trip before the end of the season.

1 Thank JerseyShore14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Northampton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

My partner and I decided to plan a Valentines night stay at the casino. The hotel staff was great but the casino staff was terrible. My partner slipped and fell because someone spilled their beer. When the security manager came over he grilled us , asking us why we were walking there and how she fell. The 2x he called me a man. Clearly I look like a woman and one of the other security guards came up and apologized for how rude his boss was. I asked the "manager" for his name since he didnt have a name tag on and he ignored me 3 different times. I asked who we could speak with about getting our room refunded since we just wanted to go home. The "manager" asked me what was wrong with the room and I explained how he insulted me by calling me a man. His response "I didnt call you a man I called you sir" I was not only offended but appalled. I was given the number of a "Admin assistant" that I could call to speak with and I have since left her 3 messages and still no call back. I called the casino to get a copy of the incident report and was told to "have my lawyer call" I have never been treated so horribly and will NEVER go back here again.

3 Thank hd79
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

The Hotel was just OK. We stayed here for 2 nights after leaving another resort in the area and were very disappointed. I really wanted to stay here because of the casino. I was really disappointed to see that they had no gaming tables. The rooms are very small with about 8 channels. I know we didn't go to stay in the room but REALLY!!! The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, the view is excellent but thats about it. It was nice but I will not be returning.

new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

In this review I will only focus on the casino side of the resort because we didnt stay overnight plus I guess many readers will be interested in the gaming facilities available and gaming room before making the trip up the mountain.

I will start off with a summary of the overall positives and negatives that we found about the property..

+ Free ample parking close to the casino
+ Nice decor around the casino itself
+ Freindly staff at the players club sign up desk
+ Looked to be a good selection of dining and entertainment options
- Too much smoke / ventilation cant keep up
- Very crowded at the time we were there (Saturday daytime)
- Good selection of machines but difficult to find machine to play at
- Lots of hawkers watching you play

We normally play slots and a few hands of blackjack in Atlantic City but thought we would try Mount Airy for a change as the setting on Mount Airy sounded great and now the resort now features table games even better.

We were very impressed with the scenery on the way to the casino, parking was easy to find a spot and free (unlike most casinos in AC unless you have a players card). The problems for us started going up the escalator - a funny perfumed scent in the air mixed with cigarette smoke didnt smell too great. Signing up for the players card was a fairly long line but quickly moved along. No problems there. Now to get on and have a play - hang on - hardly any free machines to play? The actual casino floor is a giant oval shape which we circled around to find some machines we wanted to play. We saw a good few machines we like playing but.. there were hardly any open machines aside from the 1 and 5 buck ones (oh and a few 25c ones tht didnt look too great). We are used to busy casinos on a Saturday in AC (especially the nightime) but this was insanely busy, there were so many people there - I think there must have been maybe 20 bus loads of people at the resort in from NY and Philly in addition to the car driven people. This meant that most machines on the periphery had crows of onlookers either watching or waiting to play. This meant a lot of people bumping into eachother which didnt create a good vibe. What we also saw was probably 3 out of 4 people were smoking (and all sorts of things - cigars, clove cigarettes etc) - this gave us both headaches (as you can tell we are non smokers). Don't get me wrong I dont expectthe air to be smoke free in a casino, but I would expect the air conditioning to cope if there is a lot of smoke in the air - I felt bad for the dealers and floor staff have to breathe that amount of smoke in while working. Eventually we opted to play the 1 buck machines, not too bad and gave reasonable paybacks, then we tried to take another circle around - again no luck getting on any video slots - quite frustrating.. So we decided to give the cards a go.. again super packed.

After 2 hours of mainly walking around with our headaches we deicded to call it a day and head back home.. not so soon though... we tried to convert our payout voucher but this meant we had to try 3 redemption machines (all out of cash) we found one that was working by the entrance which had about 4 people in front of us.

In hindsight we should have visited the casino on a different day or time and if we come back we would do. If you do come on a Saturday you are more likely to find an open lottery ticket vending mahine than a video slot machine. And since this is the only thing for a few miles there isnt an option (unlike Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun that you can drive between). We may come back someday but we will be sticking to AC for now as we believe it can handle the volumes of people.

Hope this helps you plan your trip if you visit.

4 Thank pcm45
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

i always remembered this hotel from commercials as a child...this place was actually very pretty and super clean, the bathroom was really nice and looked new...free valet, casino was okay i wish they had more roulette tables open but thats okay i still won =)...Italian restaurant and Dinner were really good...about 10 mins from CamelBack Ski Resort...we had a good time, i wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

I am a local doctor that has been getting massages at mount airy since they opened. I was surprised to get a call from Jen, the receptionist, on Saturday to be vaguely accused of destroying their sound system( I take my own iPod and don't use their system.) I contacted the management of the casino who never called me back. In retaliation, Jen called to tell me Donna, the manager of the spa has banned me from the spa. I have been spending $400 at each massage and tipped the therapists $80. Lower than unprofessional. This circus of a management also runs sky top, pocono manor, and laurel springs. Find any other spa.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
22 Thank Poconotom
bellerose
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

Our 3 day getaway was terrible from day one.... The security guards were so annoying with checking ID every 10 minutes even when they stamped my hand.... We gambled over $2000 and received $5 in comps...Not to mention they are in the middle of training new dealers who were screwing up all the payouts.... When we checked out we tried to provide the host with our AAA card and they told us we had to present the card when we checked in not when we paid and they couldnt do anything about it .....it was a disaster and we def will not go back..............................

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jenl132404
MountAiryCasino, Social Media at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Mount Airy Casino Resort strives to create the entertainment experience that we hope sets our guests expectations. While we are passionate about creating an entertainment experience we are also passionate about our patrons safety. We are very sorry for any difficulties you may have experienced with our security and/or or dealers in training; resulting in anything less than an unsurpassed visit. Mount Airy Casino Resort does offer a Player’s Club program to extend great benefits such as 5x cash back, exclusive programs, and discounts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,087 reviews

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!