“What a Fabulous and Most Enjoyable Place to have some FUN!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
nj
“What a Fabulous and Most Enjoyable Place to have some FUN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I met a friend there for some appeitizers and cocktails.......not a dinner moment BUT when i walked out of the very clean, quaint ladies powder room, the smell of the dinners served, made me want to grab a fork and sit down with some strangers. they said their food was wonderful so i made a plan to go back with my better half...

the piano bar was swingin/ and we were abled to sing along! what a great new venue to happen on to. the poconos need something fresh. thanx guys!

• Visited January 2012

Solana Beach, California
“Under New Management :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I previously wrote a very positive review of this restaurant which echoed the sentiments of other reviewers. This restaurant provided one of the best dining experiences I have ever had with a creative, very tasty menu and friendly service. I was VERY excited to go back. Upon seating we were told the restaurant had changed management two months ago but, not to worry, the food was still very good and high quality. We should have left then. The menu itself was somewhat disappointing. It had a variety of options but really just standard fare with nothing that enticing or creative - shrimp scampi, steaks, one chicken dish, etc. Also, the prices easily doubled - average entree in the mid to high $30s with more than a few in the $40-$50 range. I was a little put off by that but decided to keep an open mind and stick with it - if it was going to be as good as last time, the price would be worth it. I got the portobella mushroom with crab meat appetizer which was ok but not worth $10 (maybe $6). My husband got the $9 shrimp bisque which was terrible. Not one piece of shrimp and it has the consistency of chicken broth - very watery and not bisque at all. Also, my glass of house wine was nearly $8 - little excessive for the Pocono Mountain area. For an entree, I got the chilean sea bass and my husband got the filet. My $36 fish was undercooked and served room temperature at best and the vegetables were completely cold. The accompanying crab meat tasted very canned. The server offered to take it back but no chef in the world could have saved that dish. My husband's filet was a decent size but was literally just a piece of meat on a big plate. It was flavorless with no seasoning or marinade. He loves all steak and wasn't able to even finish this one.
Our bill, with tip, was $100 - even with a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate. I felt like I had been robbed. More importantly, I was so utterly disappointed that this restaurant changed hands. It went from one of the best dining experiences to easily one of the worst. I guess it's possible they need more time to get rolling but I won't be back to find out. Please come back Chef Rocco!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blr0408
The Poconos
“Looove this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Have eaten here several times. Come hungry. Leave wishing you could fit more. I agree with everyone mentioning the bread service. Addictive is the simplest way of describing it. I could've almost skipped the meal and only'd eaten that! Our apps have only ever been beyond. Our meals were generous and more than filling - physically as well as spiritually. Hana and Rocco are pretty much poetry together. If I don't want dessert when done with my meal; I know I've been satisfied. The service is keyed to your needs. You will never be rushed. And yet they're always there when you want them. From black tie to summer heat - wear; all receive the same treatment. I've seen families and couples. And everyone's always happy.

“Dingy dark dirty...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

After reading some of the reviews decided to stop here after a two hour drive from upstate new York.
The dining experience was ok, but the Hotel stay was outrageous to say the least. We where here about two months ago and it was honestly a scary experience. The people
That come and go from the place
Was very worrisome. Our plan was to stay two nights, but we got out of there the very next morning. Called manager mrs danko, and she did not do anything for the inconvenience and messiness we had to stay in. Never would recommend this place.

2 Thank Sumsteckel
Freehold, New Jersey
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I saw the wonderful reviews, and I have to say that I never got to eat here. We called up in the afternoon on Oct. 2nd, and got a reservation at 8 pm. We were shocked to see that the place was closed when we arrived. There was no note on the door. The place was pitch black, and the road sign was turned off. We almost couldn't find the place. We called the number for the restaurant, and all the message said was to call during regular business hours. Very Bad customer service.

Visited October 2011