“Great unplanned stop for lunch”
Review of Pourhouse

Pourhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Manchester, Michigan, United States
“Great unplanned stop for lunch”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were on our way back from Skytop Adventure Lodge and passed the Pourhouse. It looked promising and we were hungry so we turned around and went back. The place was empty but it was an off time (2pm on Friday afternoon). My youngest son ordered a burger with fries, my older son got a roast beef sandwich with fries, and my husband and I both ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich special that came with chips. Everything was very good and served quickly. The fries were some of the best I have tasted and I was happy our sons had plenty to share. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. My boys liked the mason jar glasses the drinks were served in although I thought the price for fountain drinks, even refillable, was a bit high. The rest of the prices were comparable to other pub restaurants we have visited. If we are in the Poconos area again I think we will make a trip back to the Pourhouse.

• Visited August 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“Keeps getting better”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

As one of the few restaurants in the area, the Pourhouse tends to be a traditional night out during our summer week in the Poconos. This is our third visit, and it was by far the best. We arrived with a party of ten a little after 6:00 PM on a Friday night and were delighted to be seated right away. The craft beer selection is outstanding -- with about one dozen microbrews on tap -- adjusted seasonally, a great variety too. The food was a wonderful surprise. I had the chopped buffalo steak, which was easily one of the best meats I've had in years -- succulent, tender and juicy. I had the baked beans and vegetables as sides and they were perfect complements. Several people in our party had ribs -- which were tender and flavorful, and the steak got top marks as well. The service was great from start to finish.

• Visited August 2013
Reeders, PA
“Glad we stopped”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We had driven by this place several times. Finally stopped in today for lunch. Glad that we did. They have a nice selection of specialty beers that are on tap. The burgers were very good. The waitress was very nice and answered all our questions. We plan to return for dinner soon.

Visited July 2013
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Good Music”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Gary Dillon on guitar made our trip enjoyable. Went for something to do at night and his music was perfect. It was too bad he ended at 10pm. Would have stayed longer if he continued playing.

Visited July 2013
Henryville, PA
“Nice BBQ/Mex food”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went for the first time. The fajitas were very good (could have offered a bit more beef) but the flavors were great. Ribs were excellent as was the BBQ brisket. Thur was wing night. We didn't have wings but we saw others and they looked and smelled great. We will try them next time. They offer a whole variety of great sauces. Our waitress was pleasant and the service was good. Unsweetened iced tea and the lemonade tea was very good. I also had a margarita that was excellent. The atmosphere is nice. I live close by and will be back. If you live near by they have a frequent diners club that offers discounts. If you are visiting it is close to Mt Airy and Great Wolf.

• Visited July 2013