“Quiet, clean, friendly staff”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed just one night. It was great. Bed and shower were excellent. Continental breakfast was good. Very friendly staff. They get that they are in a service industry.

Mountville may seem a little out of the way - but it's less than ten minutes from Lancaster and this room was half to one third less than other hotels. Worth the little extra driving. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We were right by the elevator - rooms are insulated well so it was fine. I'd bet all rooms are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelBeWare
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our
pleasure to exceed your expectations in quality and service.

Thank you most of all for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites, and for
being our guest.

Robin Goodman

Reviewed 1 October 2012

After a bad hotel choice I made (didn't go to trip advisor for reviews), we called Choice Hotels to try to book a different hotel. They came through like heros and we were able to stay at Sleep Inn & Suits Lancaster County, Mountville, Pa. Can't say a bad thing about this hotel.Very pleasant and helpful staff. Clean, I mean realy clean room. Great breakfast. Filled all our needs and then some.

Will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tylman
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here recently. The room was clean and looks like it may have had some work done recently. Our room was ready at 3:00. The ladies at check in were ok. Not friendly, but not rude. The indoor pool area was ok. Pool was a little on the cool side. Breakfast bar did not include a large number of items compared to other hotel chains. At least during our stay it was very quiet. I should mention there is a nice ice cream/sandwich shop and mini golf right on the property.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank NORMARK2
Reviewed 31 August 2012

One, I wished I had booked earlier so I could have had a non-smoking room. I did request that I be moved if one came available but I guess everything was booked when we were there. I thought that all Sleep Inns were non-smoking automatically. Not so, apparently. No big deal ... the air conditioner in the room helped take out some of the smell.

Second, the housekeeping supervisor was in a bad mood or something on the day that we were checking out. Another guest asked her a question about the drawer in which they kept the hard boiled eggs. He was having trouble opening it. She was very gracious when she helped him but as she left, she muttered, "I don't really care if the eggs fall on the floor." She walked by me when she said it. It completely caught me off guard and is the reason that I marked this stay as an average stay. What is she saying about me behind my back?

Breakfast was OK if you like to make your own waffles. I am not a particular fan of them and would have preferred scrambled eggs. Their space constraints may prevent serving them but it would have been a nice change. They had the standard selection of fruit, cereals (hot and cold), juices, coffee/tea, sausage, donuts, and breads. All right in general but I wanted eggs along with my sausage too.

Overall, we'll definitely stay in a Sleep Inn again. Maybe not this particular one.

Room Tip: The third floor is the smoking wing, apparently.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NJ_Bookworm
Reviewed 28 August 2012

While i stayed there just for little under a week the staff was very helpful expecially the housekeeping staff...i really enjoyed myself here but the only downfall was the Wifi...it worked at times but other times it didn't work for hours...which was no big deal for me but just a small downfall... the breakfast there was not bad ... even though i didn't make myself a waffle(which it what they have a do it yourself waffle maker) the rest of the items were not bad, bagels, Donuts, Sausage, some fruit, and hard boiled eggs. But When i'm back in Lancaster, PA. i will stay at the Sleep Inn. Overall i had a great time.

Room Tip: bottom floor has a back door at the end of the hallway to enter and exit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tony_A_23
Reviewed 26 August 2012

First time staying here -- had a free room through Choice Hotels & figured we'd have an overnight stay. Room was clean (had 2 double beds). Very cool shower stall. Lots of towels. Free coffee, hot & iced water replenished in the the lobby area throughout the day. Staff was very friendly. Nice pool & jacuzzi. The two downsides: Way too much chlorine in the pool area -- we stayed about 30 minutes and had to leave. I'm sure this will be taken care of. The breakfast had sausage but no eggs (but for hard-boiled). Kind of slim pickins if you ask me.

But was so pleased, cancelled my Oct. stay at another hotel in the vicinity and booked this hotel again. Now there's a testimony.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Barb676
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Staying here was not our orignal plan but we are very glad we decided to book last minute. Staff were super friendly and very efficient. Grounds, rooms and interior of hotel were very clean and well maintained! If staying at this hotel you should go to Scoops which is next to them, great food and excellent ice cream from Turkey Hill. Mini Golf is next to them as well which is great if you are looking for something to do at the end of the day. We will book here again next summer when in PA.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountville
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County? Share your experiences!