“Very impressed”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was told by my workplace to find a hotel in Lancaster, PA area. Well, I said anything choice hotels because of our corporate policy. This was of the best hotels in the area that was reasonably priced, according to our scheduling department.

Well, having never stayed at a Sleep Inn before, i was a little leery, but up for the challenge. When I arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised. The place looked like it was brand new. The room was great, the bed was comfy, the TVs were big, the shower was delightful (never stayed in a room with a shower like this before), everything just reeked of awesome.

The on-site restaurant is also very good.

An A+ hotel. I recommend it to everyone who is visiting the area!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheRichFather
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Reviewed 11 September 2013

First, I booked this off of Expedia's "Unpublished Rates," meaning you book a hotel for cheaper than it normally would be and then they reveal the hotel name to you. Ok, I've done this before and it's worked out for me...not so much this time though.

I thought from the pictures that this was an "All Suite" Hotel. IT IS NOT! I was booked into a standard room (two double beds, stand up shower). Unless you are traveling alone, this room is very small. If you are with family, upgrade to a Suite. I asked to upgrade to a Suite and told the Front Desk Manager that I thought I had ordered a Suite and she shrugged her shoulders and said "No, you didn't. You're in a standard room - sorry." And that was it!! No checking to see if I could pay the difference or what they had available. The customer service at the front desk from this "manager" left a lot to be desired.

Speaking of a lot left to be desired....let's talk about the free breakfast that you get. The only thing that makes the breakfast decent is that you can make your own belgian waffles and they have yogurt. The microwaved, dehydrated sausage was disgusting and so were the stale danish pastries.

There is a small indoor pool and hot tub, which we used and were pleased with. There is also a small fitness room and a public computer with free wi-fi.

One last thought...our room smelled very musty. If I had to do it over again, I most likely would not stay here. It's not that it's so bad...because it's not. It's that for about the same amount of money, you can stay somewhere nicer.

If you want to be right near the Lancaster Outlets and right across the street from Dutch Wonderland, stay at the County Inn & Suites on Route 30.

PS - If you do stay here, there is a very nice ice cream shoppe and grill right across the parking lot called "Scoops." In addition there is a mini-golf place within walking distance. The location of this hotel is not close to any of the major Lancaster attractions, it's a good 15-20 minute drive to Dutch Wonderland and the Outlets and the Amish Style Restaurants. However, the location is off the beaten path and is quiet.

Room Tip: Book a Suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherilee36
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

should have put signs for directions on/off the highway. i was lost even with a GPS. the location is about 10-15 mins away from the attractions but is very convenient with the highways. employees are friendly. outdoor pool is good. a good place for family stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very Quiet area,easy to find. Very Friendly Staff, Very Clean ,Bed was great,room was very clean.scoops ice cream is next door.nice indoor pool and spa. Belgian waffles and plenty of coffee.this was our second year there.we go the last weekend in aug and stay the first week in sept. even during the holiday season they are full. its always quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DRAGON05702
Reviewed 14 August 2013

As a family of 4 with two teen boys, we chose to spend a little more and get a suite with a sleep sofa. We were so glad we did! There was plenty of space to walk around. The room was very clean and stylish. Beds were comfortable, pillows were great. The toilet and shower (no tub) were behind a slider door so those using the sink and mirror could take care of grooming issues in the room at the same time. There was a fridge and microwave for refreshments.

The breakfast had plenty of choices including the ever-popular Belgian waffle. Our gluten free son enjoyed yogurt, fruit, sausage, and a hard boiled egg. The dining area was crowded but the staff opened up a conference room for overflow.

The pool was small but adequate The hot tub was also nice. Exercise room had 3 things: treadmill, elliptical, and stairmaster. Free WiFi and free parking. There was a great ice cream shop next door that was open later than the pool, so we opted for that way to end our Friday night.
In such a tourist town as Lancaster, I was not happy with the reviews for many hotels. But this one had good reviews, and I'm glad I went with them. They were a little out of town for Lancaster events, but it was nice to leave the crowded city to our quiet hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

In a very quiet area, but close to main roads. Small indoor pool, and hot tub, but lots of chorline made us leave the pool area. Exercise room had one stairclimber and one treadmill. Rooms were very clean. Bathrooms very clean. Beds were very comfortable (soft which I like) and they provided plenty of extra pillows. Free breakfast in the morning which was pretty standard, but good. The woman who worked it was very helpful as well. Hotel was about 30 minutes from Hershey and 15 from Lancaster. Don't eat at the local restaurant Georges like the front desk recommended. Overall a very clean hotel that provides the basics. No frills, but if you're just booking to stay overnight, it's great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Muma24
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Pros: Great service, friendly workers, very clean rooms, outstanding shower, Belgian waffles for breakfast. :) The pool was a nice indoor one with a hot tub.
Cons: Smaller bathroom than I would prefer. Also, extra fee for microwave/ fridge.
Overall: We had a fantastic stay from the time we walked in on a busy Saturday until we checked out on Monday! It is about 20 minutes from Lancaster- but that wasn't a big deal for us...I wanted a CLEAN place to stay, and I found one! :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountville
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#21 of 39 in Lancaster
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County? Share your experiences!