“Always Great, but...”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed three nights, and noticed a sign that said the jacuzzi was to be cleaned on the 2nd of our three-day stay. Thought nothing much of it. After the cleaning process -- and I have no idea if chlorine is used -- but there was almost a toxic scent of it every time the jets went on. I couldn't stay in there more than 5 minutes on the 2nd day. I did not use the facility the 3rd day.

This is not the first time this has happened at this facility. While I do intend to stay here again -- it is an excellent accommodation, I just ask that the hotel is more careful about the pool area.

Don't get me wrong -- I have stayed here many times, and will continue to return for it's first-rate service, immaculate room-cleaning and its location. You won't be disappointed,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with the exception of the hot tub. We do test the pool and the hot tub twice a day and have an independent service take samples once a week to a lab to check and make sure the chemical levels are not too high or too low. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Due to an ice storm we were without electricity and decided to go to a local motel. We chose Sleep Inn as we knew it was close. We drove up and the reception desk personnel were very friendly and gave us a good price. We took a newspaper and hot cups of coffee to our room. It felt like a warm great oasis at a bad time. Room was very clean. Shower was great. We had a good night sleep and a delicious breakfast with lots of choices. The hotel was booked with mostly local citizens in same shape. The attendant at breakfast was quick in filling everything and helpful in making waffles. We were thankful for this motel and their hospitality and will recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy we could provide a "home away from home" while you waited for your power to come back on.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 days over the weekend of our daughter's wedding. This was a good central location for activities both in Lancaster as well as the wedding at Lauxmont Farms. The rooms were clean and quiet, bedding was especially comfortable for a hotel. The hotel was well maintained and comfortable, and the front desk personnel helpful and pleasant. We will definitely stay here on our next visit!

Stayed: October 2013

It's nice to hear you liked our "Designed to Dream" bedding, clean and quiet rooms. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sleep Inn last week-end. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Very convenient to the interstate and very easy to find. The free breakfast was fresh and good and available even before 7am.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ArlingtonMom_10
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

We're happy you liked our hotel's location,comfortable beds and the Morning Medley Breakfast. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked it true hotwire and it wasnt that cheap to book true them either, but when clicking the button for Lancaster and get this remote hotel my husbond got a bit upset since we wanted to stay nearer the outlet place and nearer the Amish county, but that is the chance You can end up with booking with hotwire , oh well , I thought it looked nice on outside and it said suites so we sort of thought it was something like comfort suites no way think we got the smallest room possible , but the bedding s looked nice , the hallways smelled of smoke even if I saw al the rooms had sign on the outside were it said no smoking room which was a bit odd.
After we checked in I went downstair to talk with the reception people about the room asking if all rooms was that small , she then was rather rude I think telling me that is what You are getting using hotwire, I did how ever tell her that when we had stayed on other places we got much nicer room and bigger once , and for us it has been a blessing with hotwire then we just told what we wanted and got it instead of having to look out for every singel hotel in the area, well upon arraviel i showed her my firstchoicehotel card , but they were not interested in looking at that just said You are not getting any points when booked with hotwire- strange since both at the holiday inn memeber ship You get all the benifits and the same at the Omnis so I am just guessing that i will not stay at any firstchoicehotels again .
Ok standard of room is small -no fridge well that was the first and only one without a fridge in over 21 days stays in the States this year, the breakfast in the morning was ok , it was rather crowded in there , but ok
the swimming pool was empty when we came in a couple of minutes later it was a family meeting in there and think it had more people then allowed in there .
If I passed this hotel alone another time and needed a sleep it could do , but my husbond would never stay here again thats for sure and my sight of the place is coloured a bit about his view of the place .

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room a suite -there wasnt any avaible when we came there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
rgoodman-sleepinn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We're glad you liked our new bedding that's part of the Sleep Inn "Designed to Dream" refresh and the Morning Medley breakfast. I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations in the other aspects you mentioned. For future reference, when you are on Hotwire's site there is a "see on map" area to click on so you can see the hotel's location. Unfortunately, the Hotwire rate is not point eligible for the Choice Privileges Program. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel and take day trips around the county. This worked out well for us. it is convenient to Amish Country, the city of Lancaster, and to Hershey. The property was clean except for the top of the dresser mirror. I left a note for the housekeeper and it was cleaned when I returned to the room. Bed was comfortable and there were 4 very nice pillows on each bed. Free Wi-Fi which I always appreciate. Nice flat screen TV as well. Breakfast was standard Choice Hotels fare, but was kept restocked. There were bananas every morning. Most hotels seem to run out those very quickly. One breakfast attendant (I think her name was Brenna?) was especially efficient and helpful, making sure no one needed anything. Front desk staff friendly and helpful also. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have stayed here the past 2 years while attending the Train Collectors' Assn semi-ann'l train expos at the York County Fairgrounds in York, PA. Since it's located just off Rte. 30 and about halfway between Strasburg and York it's VERY convenient to the steam ride and model train attractions in Strasburg (about 20 min) and the York train show (about 25 min). Place is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in, with some of the most competent and caring front desk staff I've encountered. AM breakfast is varied and well-stocked, and attendants are always stocking the trays with hot sausages, and plenty of pastries, bagels, etc. Waffle iron is well-used as are the two 4-slice toasters. I've never had a room complaint, and I've stayed there at least four times in the past three years. Recommend you get there before dark as the signage is not very visible after you leave Route 30. This place is very deserving of the five star rating!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountville
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
4 mi away
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County? Share your experiences!