“What a small, but nice gem!”

Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Munhall
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It is a very new hotel, and everything in it is nice! The staff was friendly and the rooms (although small for what I expect from a new hotel) were nice! The bathrooms are bright and clean. The beds and pillows were extra comfy. I did get woken up from noise from the hallway in the morning though, no one was extra loud, just loud enough. Breakfast was yummy and set my day off on the correct path. It's location is amazing BTW! Shopping, good restaurants and Dave and Busters right down the road!

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

That is so nice. We greatly appreciate your kind words. We hope you will come see us in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Samantha at the front desk should be commended for her diligent efforts to help us in a special situation. We travel to Pittsburgh often and stay at this hotel which is convenient to not only PITT, but adjacent to many restaurants (Rock Bottom, Bravo, PF Changs), and anything else you may need (Macy's, Target, Giant Eagle Food, Best Buy, Lowes, etc). This trip was different since our daughter was admitted to the hospital. After checking in and spending a night, we found out that our daughter would need to stay in the hospital for several days. However, all the hotels in the area were booked. Samantha was able to get us a room after a cancellation so we could be closer to the hospital and not have to travel to a remote hotel. She gave us platinum service (not even knowing that I am Platinum Elite at IHG Rewards Club). Rooms at this new hotel are quiet, beds are comfortable, and location is very convenient. Top notch, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Walt705
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review. I have tried to hire the best of the best for this hotel and Samantha is an example. We work to be a step above the rest. I hope your daughter is feeling better...give her our best. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We chose this hotel based on location. But I would definitely return. The staff was incredibly helpful, kind and very professional. We were always greeted with a smile and if we needed help...it was crazy with family events, in and out..quick changes etc..but everyone was most kind. Breakfast was fresh..much more than I expected. Fruit, eggs, pancakes, to go bags when we had to run kids to college. The room was spotless. The housekeeping staff friendly and hard working. The Hotel is near a great walking /running trail. We used it every morning, right along the river. We had good weather but they did have a small exercise room. I hated to leave, the front desk sets up a movie night with snacks..managers reception on different nights. Super place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle A
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words! Hope you come back to visit your college students and stay with us. Hope all is well.

Thanks

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I'm not sure why there are a few negative reviews about this hotel. Me and my friend stayed here and found the service, rooms and the morning free breakfast very nice! Every time I walked by the front desk I was always greeted with a friendly smile. Checkin was very easy.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the past negative reviews here are unjustified, but I would say if they have had any changes in management recently (which I believe they have) this is currently a great place to stay.
I was impressed with the large bathrooms and felt the room was very functional. If something wasn't right I'm sure they would try their best to fix it. My only complaint was the drapes in the room did not fully block out the outside light. You may want to bring a sleep mask if u like your room dark like I do. No biggie I still got through it and slept well.
I enjoyed the breakfast. First morning they had sausage with scrambled eggs and the next morning they had ham and cheese omelets. Selections were good and well made. On both mornings they had biscuits and gravy, cereals, fruits, muffins and a variety of yogurt and juices. I think they may have had waffles but can't remember since I'm not a waffle person :)
The bottom line is if you are looking for a clean room with good service they definitely give that to you here! If you expect the Ritz Carlton or you are just one of those people who are always looking to complain......Well then stay at home because you'll always be disappointed at almost anyplace you go. After staying at a Motel 6 the month prior this place was a breath of fresh air! I'll definitely stay here again if I visit Kennywood or The Waterfront area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jephsteph

We really appreciate your kind words. It makes my day to see such kind words about my hotel and my staff. We are a big family and try hard at what we do. Thanks so much!

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here with a few of my girlfriends for a girls weekend. I have stayed here before and I got the same great room, great service and left 100% satisfied. Breakfast was hot and always full. Beds were very comfortable. Will continue to make this my number one hotel when I stay in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thanks for the great review! We greatly appreciate your kind words!

Thanks!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

When I booked a room at this hotel, I was aware that it had opened fairly recently and still had a few bumps to smooth out, but I must say the bumps were worse than I expected. We were given a room on the third floor but when when we attempted to get in the lock flashed green but would not open, almost as though it was locked from inside. After waiting a long time for the elvevator, we went back to the front desk where we waited at least five minutes for the clerk to return. She then assigned us a room on the second floor. This time the door handle did turn when we attempted to enter our room, but the privacy lock was on. Some maids were working across the hall and when we told them about our experience on the third floor, they laughed and asked (in unison) "Room 312? " They told us they didn't know why they kept trying to give people that room since it hadn't worked since the hotel opened. (If this was the case, why didn't the hotel do something to make sure that nobody was given that room. A note in the computer, even a sticky note at the desk . . . something?) Next, the maids attempted to force open the privacy lock on our second room, but then a male voice spoke from within the room, indicating it was not available. Back to the front desk we went. The clerk acted disgusted, told us it was her last day working there because there was so much wrong with the hotel, and then assigned us a room on the first floor. She also claimed that we couldn't get into the second floor room because they were changing the bedskirt. The privacy lock was on to change the bedskirt? Very fishy. We finally successfully got into a room on the first floor, which was, as others commented, rather small. It didn't really bother us, but certainly was not what I'd expected after staying at other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Other than that, the room and bed were fine, and the hotel did make an adjustment to our room rate to compensate us for the inconvenience we experienced. All, in all, it would have been worth a few more bucks to stay at the Mariott or Hampton, which are closer to most to the attractions at the Waterfront and probably don't have as many issues.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie J

I'm sorry for any issues you had while staying at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I can resolve any ill feelings you have regarding your stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have never left a hotel early and paid for another room while the one I was at was free on club points..... Well it happened this hotel is "new" ther were stains on the furnature, undersized air conditioners, matresses were TERIBLE, I would have been better in the floor or in the car.

I will say that the staff was pleasant and helpful. It's not their fault that the hotel was made that way.

Do not ask for a refidgarator in your room, they don't have any.

The Hampton Inn down the road is much better.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Please contact me at the hotel to discuss. We want all our guests to leave happy.

Thanks
Brock Hunt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Munhall
1 mi away
6 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
5 mi away
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall? Share your experiences!