“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Munhall
Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful. From the parking lot to the room. The staff was fantastic. I too work at a hotel in Toledo, Ohio and I would in a heartbeat kidnap their entire front desk staff for my own. (; Natalie was very friendly, complimented my outfit and shoes for a Christmas party I was attending. This made me feel wonderful because I was about to meet all the head honchos of my corporate office. I was nervous for sure, but she boosted my self esteem without even knowing it. Then the gentleman working Night Audit (11-7am) was also perfect. He made me laugh, offered me candy when I returned to the property. Then the next morning I was feeling a little under the weather and Natalie was giving me suggestions on what i needed to drink in order to kick the cold bug right out of me. Overall the staff made me feel so welcomed. It was like returning to my home away from home.....and It was my first time to the property!!!! To me that was incredible. It made my entire stay. Thank you so much for your hospitality and I hope I can visit you all again someday. ((((:

Room Tip: If you want great staff, great location to shopping and dining then this is the place for you. even...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks for the EXCELLENT review! Don't take my staff I LOVE THEM ALL! They do such a great job. Hope to see you next time you are in Pittsburgh!

Brock Hunt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just came in from Thailand and the general manager Brock Hunt & staff member John Spicer were attentive and friendly. They allowed me to check in early, which really makes my day. Housekeeping staff Margi ensured my room was spotless.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bkk_BB
Thank you for the great review we try to make ever great experience a great one!

Bronx, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Staff were very friendly and helpful with our needs, my Wife and Daughter are Handicapped and we found the Handicapped room was very comfortable. What I loved about it was the shopping their right in back of the Hotel. You won't have to travel far at all the get a meal, it's their. We went to the Consol Energy Center which was with minutes of the Hotel. It was worth the eight hour drive to get there. I will chose this Hotel again. If you do go, don't miss the many sights there.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was very quiet..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thanks for a great review. Hope you come back and see us!

Thanks Again!
Toronto
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Reserved 2 rooms (back in August) with 2 double beds in each, we had a party of 5 arriving so we needed the space. When we arrived on the Saturday the person working the desk said they had to shuffle rooms to accommodate So, he only had 2 rooms left with single king beds. After explaining that we had 5 guys and we were not impressed the person (sorry I forget all their names) did whatever he could to make our stay comfortable, it was a busy weekend and we didn't have any other options.

Other than that, we were REALLY happy with how clean the hotel was and how kind and helpful the staff were. Other than that room mix up, we had a perfect stay. Housekeeping, diner staff, front desk, all wonderful.

We were here for the steelers game. Note $25-$30 cab ride to the stadium or $2.50 for transit. So easy to get to the game.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thanks for the review. I am glad I got to speak with you before you left and was able to take care of you and your friends. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I was recommended to this hotel by Duquesne University for parent weekend. The price and location were great, and I was impressed by how nice the hotel was.

The hotel is clean, modern and in good repair. There were great amenities in the room...ironing board, flat screen tv, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, cotton balls and qtips, a coffee maker, and even a sewing kit.

The bed even has soft and firm pillows.

The only watch-out I have is that if you don't like a REALLY firm mattress, you may not be comfortable. Sadly, we tossed and turned all night because of it.

Otherwise, the hotel does a great job for a reasonable rate.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonesgirl97
Thanks for taking the time and reviewing the hotel. Besides the mattresses, we are glad you enjoyed the stay and the area. We hope to see you soon. Ask for extra pillows next time, maybe that will help! Thanks again!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Holiday Inn Express at the Waterfront has become my favorite hotel in the Pittsburgh area. It is convenient to my business but that isn't what makes it my home in Pittsburgh. The staff is very friendly and very willing to go the extra mile to help you. Every room I have experienced has been clean and comfortable. The breakfast hostess makes you feel like a member of her family and keeps the area spotless. The bathrooms are clean and bright. The manager's reception is an added treat along with the daily baked cookies.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brock H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
We greatly appreciate you as a continued guests. We really enjoy having you stay with us week after week. If you ever need anything you know you can contact any of us at the hotel and we will make it happen.

Thanks Again!
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed just 1 night. Received a nice little bag with goodies for being a holiday inn rewards member. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient.

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Liked the fact that they had pillows marked with the different firmness levels.

Breakfast was great. They had this little pancake machine that spit out two thin and tasty perfect pancakes at a time. I've seen waffle machines in many hotels as I travel a lot but this pancake machine was one of a kind.

Hotel is situated in a strip mall so many chain stores and restaurants all around within walking distance or a short drive including a new or newly renovated Dave & Busters. I actually went in to the Dave & Busters but it was quite slow so I went to the TGIF across the street for happy hour and food.

All in all a great stay for only 1 night.

Room Tip: Dave & Busters and several other chain restaurants and shopping stores within walking or short d...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Enrique C
Thanks so much for the great review. You are right there is so much to do at the Waterfront. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the area. Come back and see us anytime.

Brock Hunt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munhall
Southside Flats
HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall? Share your experiences!