“OK but dated”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Pittsburgh, PA
“OK but dated”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Pasqualino's is OK American Italian,. Stuffed shells a good, Red sauce is better than average. Homemade bread is very good. Salads are weak wilty bagged lettuce prepared way too far ahead of time. It is cheap to eat there and the food is OK. Here is the but....It needs updated the décor is beat. There are ALWAYS gnats flying around to the point that I quit ordering wine, it just attracts more gnats.
Service is generally good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DIsneyHell

“Always friendly always good!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Our local eatery always delivers good service and great food. Pizza is delicious and I'm Italian and very picky when you have a mother who makes it like no other! Menu is varied. Family friendly. Bar is cozy with great bartenders. Price is very worth the value ! A must stop!

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious for a reasonable price!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stopped at Pasqualino's for lunch on a whim. The service was great; our waiter was very attentive but not annoying. It took a little while to order because the menu offered such variety including that of portion sizes, but when we finally did order, we felt satisfied with our choices. Our food took a little while to arrive, but my capellini pomodoro was worth every second of waiting, and so was the pizza that my boyfriend ordered. The atmosphere was nice, if a little quaint. We have every intention to visit this little eatery again in the future.

• Visited August 2013
“Delicioso!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We always enjoy eating at Pasqualinos! No complaints, service, portions and atmosphere are good. We especially enjoyed our authentic Italian waiter Antonio! He made our experience much more enjoyable. We would and have recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A little consistency would help”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Been here three times before I wrote this. The first time was very good. Had a specialty pizza and salad and both very tasty and visually appealing. The service was attentive and respectful ... just right in my opinion. This was a great experience and if I was here just once, my rating would have been higher.

That second visit though ... oh, my what a change in the food. The service was still great, but the food looked like if fell off a cliff. The old saying is true ... a great server can save a bad meal, but a great meal can not save a bad server.

On this visit, I came with family and friends and ut oh ... did I look bad. First, let me say my meal (steak salad) was great! The steak was cooked just right and overall it was very good. It was the others (3 of them each having pasta) who were disappointed. For me, it's all about the noodle, not the sauce. Well, it wasn't about either this time.

The pasta was overcooked and the sauce, well, it was just TOO MUCH. It was running off the side of the plate. When we were asked about our meal, our (their) response was "too much sauce on the pasta" and we were told we had to ask for light sauce if we didn't want so much. Just a tip if you go there. I will admit that the manager did come over and apologize about the sauce and reiterated that we needed to ask for light sauce. Oh well, lesson learned.

With some trepidation, I went back to see if they could redeem themselves, as I sort of like this place. Tried the Chicken Parmesan and all was well with the world. Would have preferred a little crispier job on the breading, but good overall. The pasta was cooked pretty well and wasn't over sauced (I asked for light sauce). As usual, the service was just right. They really do get the service part right.

I will go back, but will remember to ask for light sauce on the pasta.

• Visited May 2013